Ren'Py Abandoned Fairy Tale Academy [v0.4] [MasQuerade]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Great, you're back, with any assurance you're not disappearing again?

V 0.01 -- 2021-03-01
V 0.02 -- 2021-06-04 3 months
V 0.03 -- 2021-10-31 4 months, nearly 5
V 0.04 -- 2022-08-12 9 months

So... following that progression... you should have the next version ready sometime in the 4th quarter of 2023?

Edit: And yes, in case you were a fan of this game in the past and still have saves for it? You will need to start over, you really had to expect that after this much of a rewrite.

Last edited:

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
So.. new version, a little too like the old version in that you're tossed into a sandbox with little or no direction. Is there any reason to train this or that, or should I just keep taking quest to move forward with the main plot?

No clue. No real way to know except maybe failing a quest means you didn't raise your skill level in this, that or some other thing.

-VALKORION-

Jul 9, 2017
Damn, the old art style was actually good. The characters made in whatever engine this is always look like their wearing poorly rendered wigs.

Reactions: Abagofbabies
Apr 7, 2018
I can't see my mouse , how am I supose to play it lol ?
Solved it , chnaged from fullscreen to windowed

Also the 2D models looked so much better

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Dear dev,can you stop making screen jumps everytime somebody is surprised( every 5-10 screens),what is really annoying.

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
Listen, if a player goes through the damn trouble of grinding up their student's skillset/hp/mana etc you could at the very damn least make sure your python programming recognizes it for the fights.

I sat there and grinded out 700HP and like 300+ Mana for the damn student, the fight doesn't tell me how much mana I burn per cast of the Intangible Ability, nor does it recognize that I've trained up 760 HP

I start the fucking fight with 300 mana. And 250hp.
250 HP.
Out of 700 I spent time grinding for.

/end tabletop nerds rant on RPG mechanics.

Also the bodies overall need some work some of them just look fuckin' goofy.

• Haha
Reactions: Masq

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
Listen, if a player goes through the damn trouble of grinding up their student's skillset/hp/mana etc you could at the very damn least make sure your python programming recognizes it for the fights.

I sat there and grinded out 700HP and like 300+ Mana for the damn student, the fight doesn't tell me how much mana I burn per cast of the Intangible Ability, nor does it recognize that I've trained up 760 HP

I start the fucking fight with 300 mana. And 250hp.
250 HP.
Out of 700 I spent time grinding for.

/end tabletop nerds rant on RPG mechanics.

Also the bodies overall need some work some of them just look fuckin' goofy.
Damn thanks for letting me know, must have been a mistake on my part

Reactions: ToastyOats

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
Damn thanks for letting me know, must have been a mistake on my part
Also there's some non error throwing fuckery going on in the back end.
It won't recognize overall mana versus spent mana
Or how much your mana regenerates per turn
And it'll forget you casted the spell and you'll take damage anyway.

There was only one error thrown and it was while I was fast-forwarding through menus to train up and I couldn't get it to trip again afterward.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes