Ren'Py Abandoned Fairy Tale Academy [v0.4] [MasQuerade]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Woow

Jun 28, 2017
I keep getting stuck in the training room, on a black screen, where the only option to go is to look at my character, and back to this black screen. Only thing one sees is the gold on the right said and the character icon on the top left side. Got stuck here 3 times now, to my big frustration, cause i did not save in a long time, and lost everything several times....

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
I keep getting stuck in the training room, on a black screen, where the only option to go is to look at my character, and back to this black screen. Only thing one sees is the gold on the right said and the character icon on the top left side. Got stuck here 3 times now, to my big frustration, cause i did not save in a long time, and lost everything several times....
Which room?

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
not gonna lie, i have mixed feelings on the remake. i like the models you used here, love them busty women, but i did like the previous art style as well. im not sure which one i would prefer to have. guess thats a compliment? since im torn between two good visual styles? either way, keep up the good work man. the game seems fun and interesting.

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
not gonna lie, i have mixed feelings on the remake. i like the models you used here, love them busty women, but i did like the previous art style as well. im not sure which one i would prefer to have. guess thats a compliment? since im torn between two good visual styles? either way, keep up the good work man. the game seems fun and interesting.
Thanks! The benefit of 3D is just being able to actually push out updates. The 2D version was a nightmare to have done with all the late artwork and disappearing artists.
I personally prefer the 3D version as I can show my vision a little better.

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
Can you even be stronger or is 130Hp max on The Awakening Quest if so i wasted alot of time training up Hp for nothing
And how much mana does it takes to use the ability all you have or what?
I just replayed that scene, I see the mistake now. I accidently swapped out the Mana variable for something else last minute.
Mana is still there; you just can't see it.

Uploading a fix right now!

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
FAIRY TALE ACADEMY MANA/BATTLE FIX.

FULL GAME DOWNLOAD -

Script File (Replace in game folder) -

This fixes the problem with the vampire lord.

Sorry once more guys

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
So when is the end thus far? I've beaten Asani and did the quest Revelations, and now no quests show up? Is this the end or? I also haven't met Player's mother yet (if it is the woman with the hijabi)??
Which version? 3D?

Jun 7, 2020
If this new style means more updates in the future. Im fine with it. Im not gonna download now. Im gonna download when the next update comes so that i can restart without seeing the same story bits as before.

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
If this new style means more updates in the future. Im fine with it. Im not gonna download now. Im gonna download when the next update comes so that i can restart without seeing the same story bits as before.
Try it, it’s slightly different with new scenes. Plus you can experience the game differently now!

TheOrigina1

Jun 14, 2020
For some reason, my mana was stuck at 100 still at the start of the fight, but when I pick defend, it jumps to the proper amount that I trained for? Weird bug man

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Masq scenes and models were done in VAM right? I recognize the cloth and lighting.
I like the new style.
2D lets people use their imagination more, allows for more freedom in scenes.
3D allows for more consistent visuals, more realistic physics and faster scene building.
Keep it up.
Btw a tip for lighting: It looks good, but Try to use 3 or 4 point lighting rigs with contrasting lights. Makes scenes look more alive and can help hide some imperfections. Soft point lights and spot lights are better. There's some lighting rigs and scenes available in the HUB. Or you can watch youtube and see how to make your own.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Masq

Masq

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2016
Masq scenes and models were done in VAM right? I recognize the cloth and lighting.
I like the new style.
2D lets people use their imagination more, allows for more freedom in scenes.
3D allows for more consistent visuals, more realistic physics and faster scene building.
Keep it up.
Btw a tip for lighting: It looks good, but Try to use 3 or 4 point lighting rigs with contrasting lights. Makes scenes look more alive and can help hide some imperfections. Soft point lights and spot lights are better. There's some lighting rigs and scenes available in the HUB. Or you can watch youtube and see how to make your own.
Wow thanks if you know any good links, please send me some in DM!

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes