VN Ren'Py Fake Father [Second v0.1] [Netero3009]

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not much content at all

Probally best to wait a update or 4 to play this again

But yeah so far nothing really too interesting playing as a old dude who replaces his look alike so u can do things with that guy his family

But yeah the females are all annoying af so not really enjoyable so far

alex19

Jan 20, 2018
The MC's default name is Jonathan Kent. That is the same name as Superman's adoptive father. I wonder if this is purely coincidence or deliberate. The screenshots below show a side-by-side comparison of Jonathan Kent in "Fake Father" and Jonathan Kent in the TV show "Smallville." They don't look that similar, but I can see some vague similarities.

The age of the "very old man" of 45 in the game is probably accurate for the "Smallville" character given Superman's age in the show. Jonathan Kent in "Smallville" also often had health problems would normally be associated with much older people, so perhaps that is why he could be considered an old man.

View attachment 2072776
ok

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Not a bad game, the premise is nice and does a play on The Prince and The Pauper. Just wish the execution was better. It's really rough and the interactions with the girls are non existent. The Eldest daughter part was nice tho.

w123t4

May 26, 2019
The story is not bad, it will be an interesting story if the game keep developing in a few more updates.

Reactions: lxh123

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Just started the game and I like the idea and plot but the translation program used sucks I'm staring as a what turns out to be bitchy Blond Cousin/Secatary and the game calls her a HE/Him?.
The Mc is supossed to be a X-Teacher yet thinks the way to deal with neglected kids is to demand they do as their told and give him respect he hasn't earned because he's supossed to be their upto now uninterested in them Father?.

He knows from the actual Father that he as neglected Lilly from birth and he know's she is struggling with her grades.
His answere to that as an X-Teacher is shut up do as your told and get you homework done and then he walks off?.
Not once do's he watch her do her homework to see where she is struggling and how to help her just shut up little girl and get it done.

Next day he go's to lily again and this time his Idea of parenting I show love that one makes sence but the Discipline one seriously He is playing the part of a parent that has had nothing to do with the girl since birth and his idea of good parenting is to slap her face and tell her to do as she's told.

I'm begining to think he shouldn't of been sacked for being accused of a rape he didn't comit he should of been sacked for being a bad teacher.
I started out having sympathy for him being falsely accused and ended up thinking his whole class must of hated him as a teacher the guys an egotiscal arsehole with a god complex who thinks the only way to teach is by fear and hasn't really got a cue how to teach.

Fortunatly as I'm not that far into the game yet and atleast sofar the Love route seems to make him out to be less of a Total Dick.
So I will play on and not just bin the game now with luck the game gets better and better.
But I won't be playing the Dick Head Disapline route otherwise I may just want to Kill the fucking MC.

Good luck with the game either way Dev.

Just Sayin.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Just started the game and I like the idea and plot but the translation program used sucks I'm staring as a what turns out to be bitchy Blond Cousin/Secatary and the game calls her a HE/Him?.
The Mc is supossed to be a X-Teacher yet thinks the way to deal with neglected kids is to demand they do as their told and give him respect he hasn't earned because he's supossed to be their upto now uninterested in them Father?.

He knows from the actual Father that he as neglected Lilly from birth and he know's she is struggling with her grades.
His answere to that as an X-Teacher is shut up do as your told and get you homework done and then he walks off?.
Not once do's he watch her do her homework to see where she is struggling and how to help her just shut up little girl and get it done.

Next day he go's to lily again and this time his Idea of parenting I show love that one makes sence but the Discipline one seriously He is playing the part of a parent that has had nothing to do with the girl since birth and his idea of good parenting is to slap her face and tell her to do as she's told.

I'm begining to think he shouldn't of been sacked for being accused of a rape he didn't comit he should of been sacked for being a bad teacher.
I started out having sympathy for him being falsely accused and ended up thinking his whole class must of hated him as a teacher the guys an egotiscal arsehole with a god complex who thinks the only way to teach is by fear and hasn't really got a cue how to teach.

Fortunatly as I'm not that far into the game yet and atleast sofar the Love route seems to make him out to be less of a Total Dick.
So I will play on and not just bin the game now with luck the game gets better and better.
But I won't be playing the Dick Head Disapline route otherwise I may just want to Kill the fucking MC.

Just Sayin.
Well thought out. It is pretty clear that his current troubles were of his own making, false accusations aside. He is naturally salty that he was canned for the misconduct he didn't do instead of all the misconduct he wasn't caught for. But that just makes him a morally gray character that you can shape as you wish. The funny thing is that since he isn't really her father and he will need to switch back with OG father at some point (even if just temporarily if he gets a permanent gig as a double) convincing Lily that her father loves her might be crueler than the discipline route. I combined decisions, with taking her cell phone the first time so that she would eat dinner with him and then giving her a hug the second time. I think that good parenting needs to balance discipline with affection so maybe there will be a middle route.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Well thought out. It is pretty clear that his current troubles were of his own making, false accusations aside. He is naturally salty that he was canned for the misconduct he didn't do instead of all the misconduct he wasn't caught for. But that just makes him a morally gray character that you can shape as you wish. The funny thing is that since he isn't really her father and he will need to switch back with OG father at some point (even if just temporarily if he gets a permanent gig as a double) convincing Lily that her father loves her might be crueler than the discipline route. I combined decisions, with taking her cell phone the first time so that she would eat dinner with him and then giving her a hug the second time. I think that good parenting needs to balance discipline with affection so maybe there will be a middle route.
Good Point
I gree if that is the case then giving Lily love could be classed as very cruel.
And I also picked on first meating "Talk about her bad grades" option rather "Tell her you love her very much".
Because that would of been to weird even for a first Interaction by her real Father thats if he even bothered.
And it made way more sence to me for a supossed X-Teacher impersonating her Farther to think of.
If he was a half decent Teacher that is.

But the discipline option second meeting would even seem off for real dad since he had totaly ignored the child all her life.
Now the middle girl I could understand even I might take that option with her.
But thats because we have yet to find out if she is just spoilt or in some sort of trouble.
And untill we know discipline seems to make more sence initially.

But lily show's sign's of possible depression from having a Farther that ignores her completely.
To the point she would probably of been better off haveing not had a Father at all.
The Kid needs a Fathers affection and love not slapping about a bit.

As for the point you made about Real Daddy comeing back only for him to Totally Ignore her again would be cruel indeed.

But remeber Mommy is divorcing Daddy as soon as the weddings over.
And I suspect even if the Wedding falls through.
And the important part here is she is taking the two younger girls with her.

Since Daddy don't care about either only the Oldest daughter Mommy will get full custody of the two younger ones.
And although the reveal he's the Fake Dad could cause a lot of heart ache initially.

If fake Dad can get Mommy to fall inlove with him before that happends.
Theres still a chance Lily could still end up with a Daddy that cares about her and that she can care about.

So if the Dev is heading that way and can do a good story and plot then either The Fact Father will replace the Real Father.
Or become the new Father but thats never gonna happen if he starts being a worse fucking asshole than the Dad they already have.

Just Sayin.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018

Just Sayin.
Or he's just a delusional hobo that made up the whole teacher story as "a pity for pennies" gimmick and then started believing it himself through the magic of booze and pills? Stranger things have happened. Just Sayin.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Nor do they actually have a clue on how old ppl look. I'm 51. Hair that reaches to mid back. MAYBE %10 grey.
Different people look older at different ages. Patrick Stewart went bald at 18, and his remaining hair had gone grey by his late 20's. He was 46 in this photo, 5 years younger than you are now:
Jean-Luc_Picard_2.jpg

Paul Rudd is older in this picture (He's 53 here):
Paul_Rudd_(cropped)_2.jpg
Than Wilfurd Brimley is in this picture (He's 51 here):
wilford-brimley-450x600.jpg

George Wendt and John Ratzenberger were both 35 in this photo:
View attachment Norm&Cliff.webp

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes