VN Ren'Py Fake Father [Second v0.2 P1] [Netero3009]

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I don't mean to be a dick about it, but what is the purpose of making us players click "speed up" as the only available option 12-13 times?
Is it fun to play? Hell, no!
Is it annoying to have to click the same thing more than ten times, with absolutely no reason at all. Hell, yes!
It's not even a timed event, I mean QTEs are boring as well, but this?

Please devs, stop implementing this BS into your games, it's not entertaining, it's not making a visual novel into more of a game.
Button pushing just for the sake of button pushing is not only not a plus for your game, it's actually actively making it worse.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Fake Father [v0.7b] [Netero3009]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Oh well, I liked this game but if the dev is going to start penalising non subscribers then I'm out.
Lol... this is basically a competition between the world's weakest attempt of monetization, and the world's emptiest threat.

On the blue corner: "here's a new version of the game you can only get by paying (oh wait, nevermind that)". It adds features to speed up the game, despite the game thus far having exactly ONE choice that matters in any way, all other choices can be boiled down to "do you want to watch this scene or not". A walkthrough for a mostly linear game isn't a feature worth paying for; I do believe you should be paid for your work, but that tutorial should just be standard as it's mostly symbolic.

And on the red corner: "oh, you're trying to actually get paid for your work? I'm out". And then what... you'll stop leaching bandwidth, or just write a strongly worded review on the pirate site? You can't threat someone that you'll stop pirating their game, my dude, that's a favor, not a threat.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Lol... this is basically a competition between the world's weakest attempt of monetization, and the world's emptiest threat.

On the blue corner: "here's a new version of the game you can only get by paying (oh wait, nevermind that)". It adds features to speed up the game, despite the game thus far having exactly ONE choice that matters in any way, all other choices can be boiled down to "do you want to watch this scene or not". A walkthrough for a mostly linear game isn't a feature worth paying for; I do believe you should be paid for your work, but that tutorial should just be standard as it's mostly symbolic.

And on the red corner: "oh, you're trying to actually get paid for your work? I'm out". And then what... you'll stop leaching bandwidth, or just write a strongly worded review on the pirate site? You can't threat someone that you'll stop pirating their game, my dude, that's a favor, not a threat.
Not an empty threat, game is already deleted. Why should I pay hundreds of dollars to help develop a game when I can wait 6/7/8 years and pay $20 for the complete game if it ever gets completed. I can gain early access to a game and just pay $20, why pay $20 dollars a month.

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019

On the orange corner: "Never go full retard"
if the game is good you will get fans, most games are generic and trying to monetize it by adding shackles won't help much
this is a god damn piracy site with all sorts of people commenting all sorts of shit, so f all of you

• Angry
Reactions: botc76

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Not an empty threat, game is already deleted. Why should I pay hundreds of dollars to help develop a game when I can wait 6/7/8 years and pay $20 for the complete game if it ever gets completed. I can gain early access to a game and just pay $20, why pay $20 dollars a month.
It is an empty threat... because nobody cares if you delete the game or not.

"Oh noes, now this guy who wasn't paying me won't pay me anymore". You're not causing the dev any concern by deleting the game, you're doing them a flavor: just one less guy who would never become a customer anyway, hopefully ceasing their complaining for good. You are basically the online equivalent of people "protesting" by refusing to go to an establishment they never ordered from in the first place.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Fake Father [v0.7b] [Netero3009]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:

- - -
PIXELDRAIN
Just asking. Will you also compress gold ver? Is there major difference?

Reactions: imzahai

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Will everyone please take a deep breath and chill? The dev released the previous gold version here himself - it is to be expected that he will do the same for the new version as well. (y):love: Since the only way the dev is rewarding his paying subscribers is by giving them early access, waiting for a few days doesn't seem to be too much for him to ask the rest of us who don't pay.

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019

Well, I can understand if the game was famous and had a huge following and a big unforgettable plot then sure he could make a public release version and release the full version later as this is what most devs do to games, but there are not enough people who pay for this game, I don't think this was a threat they just don't feel like supporting the game, and this is a pirated site so most people here will come and see if there is any dev's who are worth supporting and this community would help them grow, then they would popularize the game.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
It is an empty threat... because nobody cares if you delete the game or not.

"Oh noes, now this guy who wasn't paying me won't pay me anymore". You're not causing the dev any concern by deleting the game, you're doing them a flavor: just one less guy who would never become a customer anyway, hopefully ceasing their complaining for good. You are basically the online equivalent of people "protesting" by refusing to go to an establishment they never ordered from in the first place.
HA that's a good joke! Have you seen some of the threads on here?

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes