VN Ren'Py Fake Father [Second v0.2 P1] [Netero3009]

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
The game is not in any way paywalled. Adding a feature that is only available initially to paid customers is not, nor does it in any way resemble paywalling the game, and it's either foolish or downright insane to claim otherwise.

I'll repeat what I already said above: if you're gonna throw a hissy fit because the dev is trying to find ways to get more people to support them in the only way that really matters (with cold hard cash), and no matter how much you guys want to cry wolf this isn't and never was any big deal at all, then you were never gonna support the game anyway and you're just using this as an excuse to make a scene and make it about you.
I am not a fan of pay-walling content, but a lot of devs do it and let's be honest here, most of them get leaked here anyway.
And I agree with you that people not supporting right now threatening with stopping to play it, isn't much of a threat.
OTOH, there are people who will on principle not support games that use the more excessive ways of pay-walling content, even if they do support other games (like releasing cut free versions, where you can NEVER get the better version for free, or leading into a scene and then stopping with a disclaimer that you have to pay for the version with the scene in it). So it's not ALWAYS an empty threat.

A problem I have with how the discussion here is going is the inability of people to actually find out what is going on.
Netero3009 explained it, you mentioned it and still every other post complaining, complains about paywalling content, when this is clearly only a timed release of content, something that BASICALLY EVERY DEV on patreon does (I know, a few don't, but these are definitely the exceptions).
That could actually really hurt the game, if too many people see posts like that or reviews that claim it's paywalled start to appear and then decide to not even try the game. And just because some people throw hissy fits (as you mentioned :) ) and don't even check what's really going on.

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
Which version removed old content 0.6a gold or 0.7b?
so... another minor update just to keep the cash flow?
Yes and no.
Version 0.7 removes about 70% of the content, and changes the plot.
This is one of the few games that shrinks during development.

I suspect that in one of the next updates the missing content will be found behind the paywall.

Reactions: lxh123

Alphonsocat

Apr 20, 2023

Yes and no.

I suspect that in one of the next updates the missing content will be found behind the paywall.
holy crap, wtf happened?

Reactions: lxh123

netero3009

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022

Yes and no.

I don't understand what they mean, I haven't removed anything from the game. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to tell me, can you explain it to me in simple words since I am not a native English speaker, please.

Reactions: Gabriel1628

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
I don't understand what they mean, I haven't removed anything from the game.
Technically all the images and animations are in the game, but I can't access them while playing. The choices are identical to version 6a (with a few exceptions), but the results are not identical (I tried both / all options). Attached are all the choices I have when playing version 7, which are significantly less than before. OK, in two places I didn't check the whole path, I used (walktrough) from 6a.
Version 7b was tested on a computer with no previous versions installed.

Maybe I'm doing something completely wrong. I had no such "problems" before - even without a built-in walktrough.

[edit]
After using a savegame from another player everything works.
Sorry!
I caused unnecessary problems.

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Technically all the images and animations are in the game, but I can't access them while playing. The choices are identical to version 6a (with a few exceptions), but the results are not identical (I tried both / all options). Attached are all the choices I have when playing version 7, which are significantly less than before. OK, in two places I didn't check the whole path, I used (walktrough) from 6a.

Maybe I'm doing something completely wrong. I had no such "problems" before - even without a built-in walktrough.
That sounds like bug, since i haven't encountered thing like that.

netero3009

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2022

[edit]
After using a savegame from another player everything works.
Sorry!
I caused unnecessary problems.
So it must be a bug, it's true that in 0.7b I corrected things in the game path, but I did it because I realized that there would be errors if someone decided to close all the paths and something probably went wrong there. I hope to find the errors that they mention to me, I would never make you have to pay to see the content. The only thing I do is let you try the game first and unlock everything automatically but everything is there in the game.

Gabriel1628

Apr 27, 2023
I had played the game, but i dont find that much sucking, I think we can be more encouraging to any game developer, even we are willing to pay or not, it is very personal, I am also not a pay-willingly person except the game is worthwhile to support for its excellent story plot, CG or animation as a whole.

However, I find 2 little girl character really lovely, and i find the story is really short, after playing the game, I wish i someday can have these 2 little cute daughters, of course, I don't like "incest things" with such lovely creatures

But i wish, as a player, stayed a little longer, with these 2 lovely girls who lacks of love from their father, it feel so warm and touching when I saw a little girl crying against her dad by shouting " you never chat with me".

Maybe the story should continue with relationship that the player acted as "UNCLE", i feel lost for abrupt departure between the "father" with his 3 little daugther, I hope there can be another way to keep the story going on.

Reactions: netero3009

Gabriel1628

Apr 27, 2023
I had played the game, but i dont find that much sucking, I think we can be more encouraging to any game developer, even we are willing to pay or not, it is very personal, I am also not a pay-willingly person except the game is worthwhile to support for its excellent story plot, CG or animation as a whole.

However, I find 2 little girl character really lovely, and i find the story is really short, after playing the game, I wish i someday can have these 2 little cute daughters, of course, I don't like "incest things" with such lovely creatures

But i wish, as a player, stayed a little longer, with these 2 lovely girls who lacks of love from their father, it feel so warm and touching when I saw a little girl crying against her dad by shouting " you never chat with me".

Maybe the story should continue with relationship that the player acted as "UNCLE", i feel lost for abrupt departure between the "father" with his 3 little daugther, I hope there can be another way to keep the story going on.

I played the game again last night,

As I find DORA and Lilly is very adorable, Lilly cry scene really touch me as a 40 something guy who not yet married but wanna to be a Daddy, really make me dream come true (to have a lovely daughter in the gameplay)

1684320179587.png 1684320364663.png

Although I think I am not paying for gold version, but instead, I might find it possible to subscribe your Patreon by joining US$1 monthly plan, and I am thinking about supporting someone's game, but I already subscribe much, haha!!

To: netero3009

Some SUGGESTION wanna speak out, should the game to have some NOISE / MUSIC when playing, especially voice for Lilly or Dora or simply the man voice for main character (the Fake father)

AT LEAST, Kart racing scene have some engine sound, otherwise, I cannot feel I am playing a game..... XD

Another interesting experience hope to share, when playing the game, I think my mentality accepting Father can have sexual contact with Dora, but rather cannot stand with that with Lilly, really no sex drive but caring for adorable Lilly. lol

Departing with Dora and Lilly by saying this is LAST LESSON with Dora, last day with Lilly, with their unpleasant faces really upset me, so I really hope you will update the game, I bet I dont mind to be FAKE FATHER in this game again

SUPPORT (y)(y)(y)(y)

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
wife is dead or what happened
The same question ran through my head on this as well. I assume the patreons voted to focus on the daughters but lets not forget the work he's putting in on the daughters is a moot point if the divorce goes through. It's great to see the fake father being a father to the neglected children, but the main cog in the engine to make this all work is the neglected wife.

Reactions: Simon7

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The same question ran through my head on this as well. I assume the patreons voted to focus on the daughters but lets not forget the work he's putting in on the daughters is a moot point if the divorce goes through. It's great to see the fake father being a father to the neglected children, but the main cog in the engine to make this all work is the neglected wife.
I agree. His infiltration will not be complete until he can totally ruin his other half's plans by winning over his wayward wife. She does seem to be at least happily co-parenting in the masthead image but she does have the expression of a woman who is warming up to the fake father.

Gabriel1628

Apr 27, 2023
I agree. His infiltration will not be complete until he can totally ruin his other half's plans by winning over his wayward wife. She does seem to be at least happily co-parenting in the masthead image but she does have the expression of a woman who is warming up to the fake father.

I agree with you, the POSTER give a hint that the FAKE FATHER is going to replace with REAL FATHER by stealing all hearts of REAL FATHER family member, REAL FATHER is selfish and cruel towards his family

A merit of the game, compared to other FATHER DAUGHTER game I played, it is not Harem type, even there is 3 daughters, REAL FATHER is going to have sex with all of them, unlike SINGLE AGAIN I played recently, too many female daughter characters the player can fuck with,

so I hope Netero3009 not developing this game into a HAREM by adding too much female characters, focus more on FAKE FATHER relationship with established female characters is going to make the game PERFECT

CHEER UP(y)(y)(y)

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Imagine real fathers surprise when he finally gets back home and finds out that all his daughters crawl nude into his bed at night :LOL:

But yeah, I was already waiting for opportunity to get rid of real father during latest update. Perhaps next time :sneaky:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Imagine real fathers surprise when he finally gets back home and finds out that all his daughters crawl nude into his bed at night :LOL:

But yeah, I was already waiting for opportunity to get rid of real father during latest update. Perhaps next time :sneaky:
I don't want to get rid of the real father. I want him tied up in the basement watching all this on security cameras while he screams into the soundproofed walls.

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes