SSWorldMaker

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2018
I don't know for now, what is the problem exactly (because, I haven't this issue, like most of the player), but it seems to be a browser web issue with cookies or save corruption.

Sorry for this issue, I'm working on it, but that will take time to solve it.

Can you try to play with another web application from the start?

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I don't know for now, what is the problem exactly (because, I haven't this issue, like most of the player), but it seems to be a browser web issue with cookies or save corruption.

Sorry for this issue, I'm working on it, but that will take time to solve it.

Can you try to play with another web application from the start?
I only use Chrome, I'm not going to install a different browser just for that.

Also, the date with Scarlet seems to have been put on July 7th, instead of June 7th, that's why Scarlet isn't at the park, she said she wanted to meet the next day, not next month.

SSWorldMaker

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2018
Yeah I think the two issues (trophies save and date quest) are linked to the corruption of the save (by cookies or files)

I understand you don't want to install other program, but it will help, because on my side or my beta tester, we have no issue on chrome, firefox and edge. I haven't tested Opera.

Edit :
Thanks to the help of HiEv, I have found the problem, it's a UTC/GMT time zone problem.
I will continue to test a little, and upload a new version 0.1.3 tomorrow or the next day.
I'm not sure but it will broke your last save 0.1.2.
But if you don't have this time problem on quest no need to change version.

Last edited:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Yeah I think the two issues (trophies save and date quest) are linked to the corruption of the save (by cookies or files)

I understand you don't want to install other program, but it will help, because on my side or my beta tester, we have no issue on chrome, firefox and edge. I haven't tested Opera.

Edit :
Thanks to the help of HiEv, I have found the problem, it's a UTC/GMT time zone problem.
I will continue to test a little, and upload a new version 0.1.3 tomorrow or the next day.
I just tested it on a different browser, which didn't fix anything, but it seems HiEv already found the issue, so I will start a new game whenever 0.1.3 gets released.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Edit :
I actually had a post up blaming it on DST being a thing, but reading it again I realized this actually is based solely on the order in which you're setting the fields: at the moment you go from year to month to date to minute, which has the month roll forward if there's no 31st day in it. Simply switching the order around does solve the problem. And if you're just zeroing out one field, the following does away with the problem also:
JavaScript:
<<set _thisdate= new Date($gamedate)>>
<<run _thisdate.setMinutes(0)>>
Edit: DrDerpington, your save is working flawlessly for me since my timezone switched to Nov 1st. The same should be true for you, DarkDaemonX.

Last edited:

SSWorldMaker

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2018
Shit, I didn't even think of the hour change on our own clock system.
I found another solution (possibly). I have to keep testing to be sure every Date element working as exspected.

Thanks Hordragg

Reactions: Hordragg

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I actually had a post up blaming it on DST being a thing, but reading it again I realized this actually is based solely on the order in which you're setting the fields: at the moment you go from year to month to date to minute, which has the month roll forward if there's no 31st day in it. Simply switching the order around does solve the problem. And if you're just zeroing out one field, the following does away with the problem also:
JavaScript:
<<set _thisdate= new Date($gamedate)>>
<<run _thisdate.setMinutes(0)>>
Edit: DrDerpington, your save is working flawlessly for me since my timezone switched to Nov 1st. The same should be true for you, DarkDaemonX.
How does the IRL date and time have anything to do with the date and time in the game though?

SSWorldMaker

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2018
DarkDaemonX
It's because twine engine is in javascript and all date element are based on user clock.

I have a version for you if you want to test it, normally it will solve the problem with the date.
If you can test and tell me if the bug vanish, I would appreciate.

It's only the html.

Reactions: Hordragg

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
How does the IRL date and time have anything to do with the date and time in the game though?
Because they initialized a new Date object and copied the game time field for field going from year, to month, to day, which will have the month roll over if the in-game month has fewer days than the real time month (see ).

DarkDaemonX
It's because twine engine is in javascript and all date element are based on user clock.

I have a version for you if you want to test it, normally it will solve the problem with the date.

It's only the html.
While they won't be able to properly test it without altering their system time, this should work nicely. Since you're now using the optional date parameter of setMonth() the following call to setDate() isn't needed anymore. Like I said above, initializing new Date objects to $gametime, then altering the needed fields would work just as fine.

Reactions: SSWorldMaker

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
While they won't be able to properly test it without altering their system time, this should work nicely. Since you're now using the optional date parameter of setMonth() the following call to setDate() isn't needed anymore. Like I said above, initializing new Date objects to $gametime, then altering the needed fields would work just as fine.
I'm not going to change my system time for a game though.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
DarkDaemonX

It's only the html.
The date thing has been fixed.
What hasn't been fixed is the fugitive girl not being in the park anymore if you start that quest a little later, to guarantee an empty master bedroom, the only thing I can think of is that the 2 hour time limit already starts ticking from the moment that event is available in the park.
I didn't check to see if this fixes achievements, because I just decided to hack the game to give me the achievements, I will do that for now, just to see what those rewards are.

SSWorldMaker

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2018
Your achievement save problem must be with your cookies rules on your web application. Can you share a save? Because I didn't see any problem with that and anybody have report this problem for now, except you.

For the fugitive, I have to look at it, the main issue was the Date time, that add a month to the quest date, I maybe put a new bug with the change.

Thanks for telling me.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Your achievement save problem must be with your cookies rules on your web application. Can you share a save? Because I didn't see any problem with that and anybody have report this problem for now, except you.

For the fugitive, I have to look at it, the main issue was the Date time, that add a month to the quest date, I maybe put a new bug with the change.

Thanks for telling me.
It's probably because it still has the cookies from 0.1.0, I'll try deleting my cookies to see if it will work. Edit: There aren't any cookies, since it's a local file, so I'll send you a save.

That bug with the fugitive was there before 0.1.3

PS: Only a few achievements carried over between playthroughs

Last edited:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
That bug with the fugitive was there before 0.1.3
Untrue. Tested with 0.1.2 right now and it's possible to have the event complete by giving women's clothes to her on 14:50.

You did. The 'newdate' Widget keeps the hour of the event in question instead of also setting it to the game time. This may be an oversight on your part as I can't really see a reason for it to work that way…

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Untrue. Tested with 0.1.2 right now and it's possible to have the event complete by giving women's clothes to her on 14:50.
It happened to me though on 0.1.2

I managed to give her the women's clothes though, by entering the park at 8:40, as that will make it possible to enter the master bedroom before 11:00

SSWorldMaker

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2018
Thanks DarkDaemonX

I can see that you have overly cheated in your save.
So I have restart a game with your save, and unlock trophies you didn't unlock and save. It work, even if your count of trophies is bugged.
My only guess it's your web app or the cheat tools you have used, mess up with the trophies.

Hordragg
I have see my mistake, it's already fixed, but I will take more time before giving a new version. to be sure I haven't do another one. But thanks.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Thanks DarkDaemonX

I can see that you have overly cheated in your save.
So I have restart a game with your save, and unlock trophies you didn't unlock and save. It work, even if your count of trophies is bugged.
My only guess it's your web app or the cheat tools you have used, mess up with the trophies.
I only cheated once I found out it still didn't save most of the trophies for me in 0.1.3, I never cheated before that.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes