riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Hahahaha!!!! I clicked the "follow" button for this game yesterday after seeing the update at various game sites... then the following day it's killed off by the dev!! Talk about shit timing on my behalf...

Reactions: IceL33 and Hajtand

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
From his Patreon:
So then, what for the future? Unfortunately it pains me to say that development for Fall Fable can no longer continue. I have so many more stories and ideas kicking around in my head that I would like to see visualized in the game, but I do not have the time and energy to do them justice
- ProMorning
I don't follow his logic. What's the point of reworking a good part of your game if you know you're gonna abandon it? What's the point of coming back (generating expectations because the game has strong points) if you're gonna abandon it?

maurice68

Jul 25, 2017
lovely graphics, too bad it is abandonned
but on a less positive note...very slow and heavy to run
interactions take forever to open

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
The Dev managed to kill the game by himself. The initial release was 2019-11-01 and he only made 3 updates in 28 months, with that he never got a good amount of supporters, and the few he had stopped supporting probably because the game didn't get updated on a regular basis.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Yes, you saw that correctly. One or maybe two pages back is the final post on Patreon. The dev said they decided they wouldn't be able to keep this going anymore. The Abandoned label had been removed when the update was released, but then within the next day or two the dev said it wouldn't continue. So, it's abandoned again, and this time it's apparently permanently.
I really apreciate devs that at least are honest and will say there won't be any more updates instead of keeping quiet and in silence and let the patreon page run as long they can get away with, at least it shows this guy respect the people that supported him and his fanbase.
Kudos to him for that.
The Dev managed to kill the game by himself. The initial release was 2019-11-01 and he only made 3 updates in 28 months, with that he never got a good amount of supporters, and the few he had stopped supporting probably because the game didn't get updated on a regular basis.
Well, not all people can do updates as they wish and probably his life is making it harder to update this game as he said in that post and is why he is abandoning it, for me is admirable he is being honest about not being able to keep working on the game instead of just going MIA like many others have done in the past and are doing nowadays.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
No one is gonna throw cash at someone with that kind of a work ethic. Does anyone know if he had a working job and was just doing this on the side as a hobby? Heck, even if it was updated once a year it would still be better than nothing at all, some much for fucking Beverly..

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Update 0.4 and the future
Hello everyone,
After the simple update post yesterday, I wanted to follow up with a post to go over some things regarding the general state of the game. First, a changelog, not all-encompassing but should have most of the big changes listed:
  • MC's house gets an exterior
  • Secrets (pictures) have been added, some purchasable from Kevin and most scattered throughout the world
  • New cheats app in the computer, a couple cheats available
  • New "Homework" folder in the computer, where you can look at secrets you have discovered
  • A couple new scenes for Beverly, several for Kait-Lynn to round out the second part of her story
  • School has been given a facelift
  • Lowered chances of getting robbed when biking at night
  • New map button, lets you quickly go to the town map, and quickly return to your bedroom
  • Main Menus have been spruced up
  • Character screen has been revamped
  • A few conversations added for some characters
  • Character imagebuttons have been separated into their respective location screens, hopefully this makes loading locations a little quicker
  • The town map has been redone, now with a "compact" mode as well
  • Various other small changes
Also, old saves are not compatible unfortunately, time did not permit for me to make those changes as I had once hoped.
Speaking of time, I am sure some of you are wondering where I have been for the past year+. Suffice it to say there were major life changes for me (for many of you as well, I imagine) that changed my priorities and forced my focus elsewhere. When I first began development I did not have the responsibilities and commitments that I have now, and I was able to work freely. I was not brave enough to confront you all and so I kept putting the Patreon and everything else on the back-burner, until I finally managed to finish the remaining development of the update this year.
So then, what for the future? Unfortunately it pains me to say that development for Fall Fable can no longer continue. I have so many more stories and ideas kicking around in my head that I would like to see visualized in the game, but I do not have the time and energy to do them justice.
I have published the update 0.4 post to the public, and the links in the 'About' section of the public page as well. I will be unlaunching the Patreon page at the end of the month, so that everyone gets a chance to grab it before the links are gone from Patreon. I will keep the links up on the platform for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for all your support over the years.
- ProMorning

• Red Heart
Reactions: rKnight

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
No one is gonna throw cash at someone with that kind of a work ethic. Does anyone know if he had a working job and was just doing this on the side as a hobby? Heck, even if it was updated once a year it would still be better than nothing at all, some much for fucking Beverly..
From this post one page back, you can read what his last update / statement on Patreon was. In part, it reads:
Speaking of time, I am sure some of you are wondering where I have been for the past year+. Suffice it to say there were major life changes for me (for many of you as well, I imagine) that changed my priorities and forced my focus elsewhere. When I first began development I did not have the responsibilities and commitments that I have now, and I was able to work freely.

If I were to guess, I would say that he started off strong and actually did a really good job. But he began in late 2019, so everything with the pandemic shifted his life around. This is the unfortunate result. I doubt it has anything at all to do with work ethic and everything to do with life shifting to where this no longer is possible for him. I'm also sad that it's come to this, but FWIW I wish him the best and hope life treats him better in the future.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Update 0.4 and the future
Hello everyone,
After the simple update post yesterday, I wanted to follow up with a post to go over some things regarding the general state of the game. First, a changelog, not all-encompassing but should have most of the big changes listed:
  • MC's house gets an exterior
  • Secrets (pictures) have been added, some purchasable from Kevin and most scattered throughout the world
  • New cheats app in the computer, a couple cheats available
  • New "Homework" folder in the computer, where you can look at secrets you have discovered
  • A couple new scenes for Beverly, several for Kait-Lynn to round out the second part of her story
  • School has been given a facelift
  • Lowered chances of getting robbed when biking at night
  • New map button, lets you quickly go to the town map, and quickly return to your bedroom
  • Main Menus have been spruced up
  • Character screen has been revamped
  • A few conversations added for some characters
  • Character imagebuttons have been separated into their respective location screens, hopefully this makes loading locations a little quicker
  • The town map has been redone, now with a "compact" mode as well
  • Various other small changes
Also, old saves are not compatible unfortunately, time did not permit for me to make those changes as I had once hoped.
Speaking of time, I am sure some of you are wondering where I have been for the past year+. Suffice it to say there were major life changes for me (for many of you as well, I imagine) that changed my priorities and forced my focus elsewhere. When I first began development I did not have the responsibilities and commitments that I have now, and I was able to work freely. I was not brave enough to confront you all and so I kept putting the Patreon and everything else on the back-burner, until I finally managed to finish the remaining development of the update this year.
So then, what for the future? Unfortunately it pains me to say that development for Fall Fable can no longer continue. I have so many more stories and ideas kicking around in my head that I would like to see visualized in the game, but I do not have the time and energy to do them justice.
I have published the update 0.4 post to the public, and the links in the 'About' section of the public page as well. I will be unlaunching the Patreon page at the end of the month, so that everyone gets a chance to grab it before the links are gone from Patreon. I will keep the links up on the platform for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for all your support over the years.
- ProMorning
Um, thanks for reposting what already was posted here?

4.30 star(s) 28 Votes