KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
Yeah look, everyone has their own thing they're interested in seeing here, but it's not cool to refer to content you don't like as a cancerous tumor, That's in poor taste. My point of view is best represented by the following quote posted earlier in this thread. More or less, don't be a dick
i call it a cancerous tumor when it shows up in a game that did not originally have the content planned for it, simply because 1 guy paid more to force it in, or because they are a friend of the person making the game. it changes the foundation of the game when it is shoved in with zero precedant, because it sets up that at any point in a future update any other character can become subject to it.

Redyqar

Apr 28, 2018
it changes the foundation of the game when it is shoved in with zero precedant, because it sets up that at any point in a future update any other character can become subject to it.
So correct me if i'm wrong, but are you saying what if game has a major change in direction, which wasn't planned since beginning of development, it's automatically "cancerous tumor"?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
i call it a cancerous tumor when it shows up in a game that did not originally have the content planned for it, simply because 1 guy paid more to force it in, or because they are a friend of the person making the game. it changes the foundation of the game when it is shoved in with zero precedant, because it sets up that at any point in a future update any other character can become subject to it.
A game centered around NTR is one thing, a game that contains NTR (among other fetishes) is another. You're making a storm in a glass of water over a tiny amount of content that is entirely optional. Sure, these upcoming updates may not be your thing but that doesn't mean your hands are tied on the issue since you can skip the farm entirely and enter the city through other means.

Although I can understand the frustrating of seeing a game you like making a "bad turn", this sort of thing is kind of unavoidable. If someone donated to see that sort of content in game then they deserve it. They are keeping the project alive after all, which in turns encourages the author to continue development and eventually add stuff you like. And to be fair, FoE was on hiatus for a long time so certain things were bound to change. We should consider ourselves lucky that he came back to work on this instead of abandoning it forever. Which do you prefer? A game that has a mix of good and bad content (the bad being optional) or no game at all?

My point is; take a chill pill and learn to be patient. Or move on to other games.

Last edited:

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
There's a Gwendy, whom you previously kind-of-romanced and advanced her quest. Before Adrian wasn't a consideration at all - you just fuck Gwendy and be done with it. After that update there'll be Adrian, and like it or not he is going to be the main partner of Gwendy. In CoC/TiTS usually you can complete the quest and walk away from stuff you don't like - futa, gay, pregnancy, rape, NTR, whatever, you just respectfully decline and back off while still finishing character's story in some satisfactory way. FoE isn't like that, though, there's different framing - hardcoded progression from vanilla to netori and you'll have to not progress the story to keep it vanilla.

People would be fine with this kind of update if it didn't force the story this specific direction. It's kind of like a false advertisement, you don't get the product you expected. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, though.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Does the story actually force you to go through the farm? I thought it was just one alternative, the other being the futa guard. You meet her at the bar, walk her home, get romped and she eventually lets you into the city? It has been a while so my memory is sketchy. It's also possible Alder is re-working the routes and only one is working right now. I do agree that locking the story behind controversial content like NTR sounds like a bad move but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.

Wugga

Aug 6, 2016
Does the story actually force you to go through the farm? I thought it was just one alternative, the other being the futa guard. You meet her at the bar, walk her home, get romped and she eventually lets you into the city? It has been a while so my memory is sketchy. It's also possible Alder is re-working the routes and only one is working right now. I do agree that locking the story behind controversial content like NTR sounds like a bad move but I'm not sure if that's actually the case.
Nope but options are still available and from playing right now you don't have to interact with Adrian at all. Hell you can even cuck him if you want to.

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
ok i got to be my bitch in a first game but then i reset and not him so what i do

Hadrik

Feb 13, 2019
Can't wait... I love to see more about submissive Danie, there are a lot of ways to progress that plot I mean a cute loveable klutz sheep girl and is willing to help out with any "problems" thats my taste...

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
There's a Gwendy, whom you previously kind-of-romanced and advanced her quest. Before Adrian wasn't a consideration at all - you just fuck Gwendy and be done with it. After that update there'll be Adrian, and like it or not he is going to be the main partner of Gwendy. In CoC/TiTS usually you can complete the quest and walk away from stuff you don't like - futa, gay, pregnancy, rape, NTR, whatever, you just respectfully decline and back off while still finishing character's story in some satisfactory way. FoE isn't like that, though, there's different framing - hardcoded progression from vanilla to netori and you'll have to not progress the story to keep it vanilla.
Other way around. Adrian has a crush on Gwendy and in Adrian content specifically that can be encouraged if you don't have any interest in Gwendy or, if the PC is close with Gwendy, there's some NTR vibes to flaunting that the PC is fucking his crush. You have to interact with Adrian to trigger any of his content.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
is the game dead?
The last update went live in January - version 0.5.6. It appears the developer has a reputation for working on the game and then disappearing for several months on end, sometimes years. Then one day he shows up again and its rinse and repeat.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basically, at this point, the update will happen when/if it happens. Better follow up on other games and 'forget' this one. Maybe one day, when we remember it again, it will have been updated. I don't know what his stance on this project is - is he actually interested in working on this game or he's just stubbornly holding on because he can't muster the courage to say it's a 'lost cause'? All the IRL problems he's had over the years, the 4-year hiatus from FoE, the constant on and off, tells me this game isn't going anywhere any time soon and probably IS a lost cause.

Fortunately, he set his Patreon to pay-per-update. A respectable decision considering the fact he could be making +800$ a month off his supporters. Better than what some developers would do in his shoes, I'll give him that.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Is this worth playing is there a great amount of content and little to no sudden ends or not?
If your expectations are high then the answer is 'probably not'. If you've played the game before, prior to the revamp, I can say little has changed to warrant another playthrough... for now. There's probably a couple of hours worth of content though it depends on how you play, also, the game is far from finished so dead-ends are to be expected. The developer isn't very consistent nor active, progress is slow and infrequent.

I used to have higher hopes for this game but not so much now. If you're really interested, save the game somewhere and check once a year or so. Otherwise, you can easily move on to other games as you're not losing much.

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
If your expectations are high then the answer is 'probably not'. If you've played the game before, prior to the revamp, I can say little has changed to warrant another playthrough... for now. There's probably a couple of hours worth of content though it depends on how you play, also, the game is far from finished so dead-ends are to be expected. The developer isn't very consistent nor active, progress is slow and infrequent.

I used to have higher hopes for this game but not so much now. If you're really interested, save the game somewhere and check once a year or so. Otherwise, you can easily move on to other games as you're not losing much.
Actually don't think I ever played this one because of as you said and many others, "The developer isn't very consistent nor active, progress is slow and infrequent".

I just had not checked on this in forever and was curious and also as you say Hopeful that maybe this least has some ends and satisfying enough.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes