3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
thats alright :D windows usually manages to salvage it but not always
It shouldn't fail on this not on a High Level API it could fail on DX12 or Vulkan in the worst case, their must be something else going on.
Restart on a stable Windoze System these days because of this is highly unlikely, except maybe the 1 millions Windows 10 change update that brakes something again without you even really realizing it broke through the hidden update ;)

Last edited:

LVL 100 Mafia Boss

Aug 29, 2020
Bruh I keep trying to open paralogue.exe but I keep getting a "couldn't start, CreateProcess() returned 2" error. I tried reinstalling and allowing the file through the windows firewall which usually causes this problem. I don't have any other antiviruses so I'm not sure what else is causing it.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
From the latest Patreon post:

In the past week we delved more into the technical aspects of fabric and character creation, the progress will be reflected in the upcoming updates.

In 0.29 we will introduce a new nylon fabric shader with Erika's reworked maid stockings to more faithfully reflect the material's physical properties. In 0.30, the hair system rework will make it possible to bring long and loose hair into the game.

stockings.png detail.png a_2.png GIF.gif

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
First that seem to implement Epics New Strand Hair as intended now we can just wait for the Performance hit, but it's overall short and not so dynamic at all so it should be not that bad maybe 2 ms maximum when up close and when it just bounces a bit around ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
First that seem to implement Epics New Strand Hair as intended now we can just wait for the Performance hit, but it's overall short and not so dynamic at all so it should be not that bad maybe 2 ms maximum when up close and when it just bounces a bit around ;)
they need to focus on optimization that way they got more reach

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Totally agree it would just be a small move and they could gain easily some performance to at least compensate this coming loss a bit and giving the option for both complexity paths could higher the reach but would make it a bit more complex in terms of configuration for the end users specific system capabilities.

They still sitting on their old Fallen Doll foundation they started with

Last edited:

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
Totally agree it would just be a small move and they could gain easily some performance to at least compensate this coming loss a bit and giving the option for both complexity paths could higher the reach but would make it a bit more complex in terms of configuration for the end users specific system capabilities.

They still sitting on their old Fallen Doll foundation they started with
it probably dosent help how theres no limit on how much memory it uses it bascically says ohh you got 4gigs i gonna take 5 also theres alot of unused content

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
yeah 5 gig seems to be the pool optimization point in most cases i also measured more depending on the overall setup

i don't like the Setup Options really 3 pre defined presets where you have no real idea what's going on is shit

For PC Unreal use case you want this advanced customizability options and not 3 preset where the DEV thinks they are good optimized and balanced for every use case

enginegraphicoptions2.jpg

Last edited:

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Bruh I keep trying to open paralogue.exe but I keep getting a "couldn't start, CreateProcess() returned 2" error. I tried reinstalling and allowing the file through the windows firewall which usually causes this problem. I don't have any other antiviruses so I'm not sure what else is causing it.

VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
From a quick Google search, your installation is corrupted or an AV is blocking the executable. Since you said you let it through your AV, that means your installation is corrupted. If the same thing is happening with a re-install, try downloading it from a different mirror on the main post, or try using 7-Zip.

Crowller

Oct 8, 2018
shitty shadows in this game eat all video memory. i dont know how to disable shadows, trying to change it on settings files, but this doesnt work.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes