3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

matter2

Jun 3, 2020
anyone have any details on what the story mode will be like from patreon posts? i have no interest in playing online

Reactions: Cheru

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
All this waiting drama, broken promises, etc. I'm just thinking, if this game will even get its release, how much it will change? I read somewhere (either here, patreon or twitter) that when they had their mocap problems due to covid, a Japanese studio offered them to use their mocap capabilities for free but would ask of them to add this MMO/Multiplayer in return. Honestly, I haven't heard of this online-only mode until recently, and Harem-mode also came out of nowhere back then in winter. Now this 15 mil offer with no clear info of what they'll have to sacrifice for it. What will they change if another similar offer will come knocking on their door? Just sad. This game had(and I hope it still has) so much potential, much more than Subverse or Wild Life...

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
And adding to my last post, one can't also ignore how their approach to their community has changed. They quite often posted polls on their patreon, allowing patreons to decide what should they add to the game. I fail to notice any kind of a poll since January. Plus, they were quite active on a communication side, now - they don't post that often (no big news) and all the announcements stay in their discord. Remember how they promised to give us details about 15 mil offer? After some time they quietly mentioned that they posted all the details in their discord. And it wasn't even a regular post but an answer to someone's questions on twitter or patreon.
Is it a result of their Japanese deal or simply because they haven't posted any new versions of their game in a while? I honestly don't know.

Hm... by the by, should we even expect any updated versions through patreon or only through Stem/GoG/DL? If it is only steam now, then what's the point in patreon now?

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Alright, I am now firmly in the "this creator is a scammer trying to milk money out of people" camp.

I was under the impression that "Steam Key Reserved" meant it would be as soon as the game was up on Steam. But apparently not, only current Patrons will get instant access to the Steam version, and they're giving the middle finger to past Patrons by making them wait 6 months more.
wow...they have like 0 care in the world for the people that pay them lol
anybody here know, any way to increase boob scale in this game? with cheat engine or anything, imo the boob size for me is just not big enough
HOW IS IT NOT BIG ENOUGH
All this waiting drama, broken promises, etc. I'm just thinking, if this game will even get its release, how much it will change? I read somewhere (either here, patreon or twitter) that when they had their mocap problems due to covid, a Japanese studio offered them to use their mocap capabilities for free but would ask of them to add this MMO/Multiplayer in return. Honestly, I haven't heard of this online-only mode until recently, and Harem-mode also came out of nowhere back then in winter. Now this 15 mil offer with no clear info of what they'll have to sacrifice for it. What will they change if another similar offer will come knocking on their door? Just sad. This game had(and I hope it still has) so much potential, much more than Subverse or Wild Life...
they didn't accept the latest offer I think

Reactions: Kalissa and Cheru

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
Yes, so I've heard. They didn't accept it, but neither they outright rejected it. They still consider it.

Gcats

Sep 8, 2020
There's no drama, nor broken promises. We all knew that Steam is not reliable in this, and the delays were expected. The rate of updates about the game status is fine and everyone is happy at this point, we're just approaching the end of the hardest part and everything looks promising.

The only crybabies are here. Makes you think.

• Love
Reactions: Echo82

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
There's no drama, nor broken promises. We all knew that Steam is not reliable in this, and the delays were expected. The rate of updates about the game status is fine and everyone is happy at this point, we're just approaching the end of the hardest part and everything looks promising.

For some reason it reminded me of "Please disperse! Nothing to see here!" meme.

1) Didn't they promise us next version in May/June? That's a broken promise for me. If you can't deliver steam release, at least post an updated older version with something new in it. Throw a bone to people that throw their money at you.

2) Several (if not all) of their patreon tiers mention monthly polls. Still, I don't remember them posting any for half a year. If you'll manage to find some I'll gladly swallow my own words.

3) "The rate of updates about the game status" has never been so scarce. Most of the news are now hidden behind Discord's walls. If that's what you'd call "fine"...

4) I don't think you are an authority to judge if "everyone" is happy or not, no?

I am not a patreon, so I may not have... what you'd call it... a "right" to complain about the game. I just voice my own opinion and concerns about the project that I am interested in. I wanted to become a patreon back in April but had financial problems and covid related shit, so this game wasn't a priority at the time. Things thankfully have normalised and I wanted to pledge a month ago, but the way the development goes now made me reconsider... I shall wait for the release and people's opinions on it. If the game and devs stay true to their previous quality then I'll gladly pledge, if not... well.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
For some reason it reminded me of "Please disperse! Nothing to see here!" meme.

1) Didn't they promise us next version in May/June? That's a broken promise for me. If you can't deliver steam release, at least post an updated older version with something new in it. Throw a bone to people that throw their money at you.

2) Several (if not all) of their patreon tiers mention monthly polls. Still, I don't remember them posting any for half a year. If you'll manage to find some I'll gladly swallow my own words.

3) "The rate of updates about the game status" has never been so scarce. Most of the news are now hidden behind Discord's walls. If that's what you'd call "fine"...

4) I don't think you are an authority to judge if "everyone" is happy or not, no?

I am not a patreon, so I may not have... what you'd call it... a "right" to complain about the game. I just voice my own opinion and concerns about the project that I am interested in. I wanted to become a patreon back in April but had financial problems and covid related shit, so this game wasn't a priority at the time. Things thankfully have normalised and I wanted to pledge a month ago, but the way the development goes now made me reconsider... I shall wait for the release and people's opinions on it. If the game and devs stay true to their previous quality then I'll gladly pledge, if not... well.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting updates in Discord. They have an entire channel for them to post updates to and there are a lot which are exclusive to Discord only. Some of the tidbits are in #fallen-doll-discussion, where the team interacts with the community in a live fashion. Every active Patron has access to Discord. If anything, that Discord community works in their favor. People are always talking about the game there. Even「DarklynVall」, who is NOT in their team and does NOT speak for the team. That "Pillar of the Community" title just means they don't have a life outside of talking in the Discord and trying to be helpful.

As for the next version, they never promised it for May or June. They had hoped that Steam would have accepted it by then, and it's finally been accepted. They were held back by the VR version needing to be identical to the non-vr version. That has been finalized and VR also has a new interface. Also, they were really held back by a very long approval process on the sex scenes. The hold up is now getting keys and who they will grant these too. This is the main reason I am still subscribed to their page. I want one of their closed beta keys but I also don't want to spend forever getting "likes" from people to unlock all the outfits.

Also, you do have a right to complain about the game. If you feel something is wrong then people don't have the right to shut you down, unless it's a f95 mod. It's the same with people having a right to tune you out. We all have that freedom.

Reactions: loler69 and Gcats

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Crybabies? I guess everyone that questions the people that they fund is not a crybaby lol
People should expect progress and genuinity from the people that they pay, especially the ones that have donated more than the $30 required to own the game, and right now there has been a lack of transparency. I wonder how many patreons expect to have to wait around 6 more months until early access to get a steam copy. And let's be fucking honest, PH will not reach early access in 6 months.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I wanna play This game so hard But crying here with Intel
feel your pain, I only got a proper PC 2 years ago. Until then I had a Phenom II X4, 8GB of RAM and a fucking GTX1050...that PC was utter pain considering how often it also broke down in various ways

Gcats

Sep 8, 2020
Crybabies? I guess everyone that questions the people that they fund is not a crybaby lol
People should expect progress and genuinity from the people that they pay, especially the ones that have donated more than the $30 required to own the game, and right now there has been a lack of transparency. I wonder how many patreons expect to have to wait around 6 more months until early access to get a steam copy. And let's be fucking honest, PH will not reach early access in 6 months.
idk where you see the lack of transparency, we've been getting updates every week. Everyone knew Steam was the proverbial wrench in their plans, Steam is slow and a pain in the butt to work with for content that can be considered "questionable". Steam talks are over and they're in the process of getting Steam keys. It's all going smoothly, sure I would have loved an EA build in June, but I knew it wouldn't be likely to happen. We're lucky that Steam accepted the game at all, and the possibility of a GOG release is huge.

Literally nobody on the Discord is throwing a tantrum, only here I see people talking of "poor transparency". Just calm down and accept that this is a long process. You don't HAVE to stay subscribed to their patreon while you wait for release.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
idk where you see the lack of transparency, we've been getting updates every week. Everyone knew Steam was the proverbial wrench in their plans, Steam is slow and a pain in the butt to work with for content that can be considered "questionable". Steam talks are over and they're in the process of getting Steam keys. It's all going smoothly, sure I would have loved an EA build in June, but I knew it wouldn't be likely to happen. We're lucky that Steam accepted the game at all, and the possibility of a GOG release is huge.

Literally nobody on the Discord is throwing a tantrum, only here I see people talking of "poor transparency". Just calm down and accept that this is a long process. You don't HAVE to stay subscribed to their patreon while you wait for release.
They are just going to call you a PH simp or some crap. A lot of the people here are just out for blood because they are not able to receive anymore free copies so they just spread lies.

loler69

Jan 13, 2020

Well i think thats a bit ignorant, considering most of the people on the discord are the dedicated patreons, so theres no reason theyd complain. On patreon, where everyone supports them on, they are asking about dates and why they arent releasing anything. Even the patreons are asking why theres even discord updates and none on patreon. And the part about "poor transparency" is referring to them delaying and not saying anything about it, theyve been "updating" their patreon but not actually saying anything besides vague statements about the actual game, only showing some gameplay that doesnt even show the outfits the patreons paid for, its understandable why some of the patreons are concerned about the game.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes