3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Not too sure anymore, looks like Patreons renewal policy changed since the last time I used it :(, which makes this much harder to gauge lol. There is still something causing that first of the month behavior though, so maybe subs from before that update? Looking at those it's only recent that the mid month decrease is happening.
I think that the end of month drop is caused by renewals not being processed, lack of founds, the bank requiring confirmation from user or maybe simply users waiting for end of month to unsub. Maybe some payments simply take few days to get counted.

taboge9459

Nov 16, 2021
I think that the end of month drop is caused by renewals not being processed, lack of founds, the bank requiring confirmation from user or maybe simply users waiting for end of month to unsub. Maybe some payments simply take few days to get counted.
Yeah it's going to be hard to read graphtreon going forward with this new update style. The patron count should be more accurate, but now the earnings will be off since you don't know how many leavers canceled before paying for that month.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Yeah it's going to be hard to read graphtreon going forward with this new update style. The patron count should be more accurate, but now the earnings will be off since you don't know how many leavers canceled before paying for that month.
If you're looking for the impact of a single event it will just be a continuous decline over the next month instead of a sudden drop at the end.

Or at least it will be once the grouping of subs around the 1st lessens. I doubt it will disappear entirely due to common paydates being 31st/1st of each month.

Where sudden subscriber drops are significant we should be able to infer the impact a lot sooner though.

SirenBrink

Feb 13, 2020
The Denuvo marketeers did a campaign a while ago to tell people that Denuvo doesn't decrease game performance, and it seemed to be oddly well-received. Shareholders will do anything to protect their dogshit opinions.

Note that this was after the Steam release of Doom Eternal, which released with a DRM-less executable neatly tucked away in it's files. Some people did side by side comparisons of Doom Eternal with and without Denuvo; it increased load times by about 1.1% (Doom's loading times are pretty short, also depends on storage device), reduced framerate by around 5% (CPU-bound), increased frame time by 1ms average (that's your frame latency, super important in shooters). In particular, Denuvo is rough on underpowered or minimally spec'd systems by raising the CPU and memory overhead.

Luckily Bethesda realized this and removed Denuvo from the current release.

My point is Helius cares more about getting money than producing a worthwhile product. At least with a AAA corporation you could argue they can do both, Helius is just wasting precious and limited resources given to the project in good faith.

ZeroWitch

May 20, 2019
isnt this already long abandoned? if anything they just say stuff for a long time now to keep getting money for something with no progress

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
The Denuvo marketeers did a campaign a while ago to tell people that Denuvo doesn't decrease game performance, and it seemed to be oddly well-received. Shareholders will do anything to protect their dogshit opinions.

Note that this was after the Steam release of Doom Eternal, which released with a DRM-less executable neatly tucked away in it's files. Some people did side by side comparisons of Doom Eternal with and without Denuvo; it increased load times by about 1.1% (Doom's loading times are pretty short, also depends on storage device), reduced framerate by around 5% (CPU-bound), increased frame time by 1ms average (that's your frame latency, super important in shooters). In particular, Denuvo is rough on underpowered or minimally spec'd systems by raising the CPU and memory overhead.

Luckily Bethesda realized this and removed Denuvo from the current release.

My point is Helius cares more about getting money than producing a worthwhile product. At least with a AAA corporation you could argue they can do both, Helius is just wasting precious and limited resources given to the project in good faith.
I though if anything the Doom Eternal slip up proved negligible impact of Denuvo on performance. That is how i felt about it because before people would make you believe denuvo is 20% performance hit and destroys your SSD.

5% fps drop is really nothing when the game by default have massive frame rate variance, like you have 30 min average 60 max 90. I assume that if you are GPU bound (should be for most games) there won't be any impact.
Frame delay - fighting games are most sensitive to it and tournaments are played on consoles despite them having couple extra frames delay compared to PC. I doubt 1 frame has noticeable impact on normal games.

chinpoppo

Jun 6, 2017
i have this piece of shit game on steam, and for some reason i cannot even make it in the game because servers are down. What a colossal cluster fuck of a project.

markon711

Feb 16, 2021
It's funny that dev (maybe he isn't) post on steam forum with main account have a thousand game on steam. he mostly spends times on playing game instead on working project his session on steam replay almost the same as me which is I play almost everyday.

It's seem project will never progress and no ending beta like yandere dev. They just keep waste our money on patreon.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes