3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

doodadz

Aug 8, 2018
the FUCK??
What kind of idiot king thought putting a DRM booth at a convention was a good idea?...
That's like putting a fucking Apple booth at a Right to Repair convention
I can say this, the Denuvo booth at GDC and other conventions is just because you need to have an exhibit booth if you're there as presenter. The actual talks with denuvo people are in a sealed of area were publishers and studios will meet with them. There's usually a tall, grim looking fellow in front of that keeping people with the wrong badges out.

That being said, fuck denuvo and fuck every company or developer using them.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
That being said, fuck denuvo and fuck every company or developer using them.
Well if there was no piracy there would be no need for denuvo ...

I think that denuvo is net positive for PC gamer, because publishers can protect first week/month sales they are far more likely to release games on PC alongside consoles.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Well if there was no piracy there would be no need for denuvo ...

I think that denuvo is net positive for PC gamer, because publishers can protect first week/month sales they are far more likely to release games on PC alongside consoles.
I remember not being able to play a denuvo protected pes game a few years ago because I had no internet at that time.
I couldn't play a singleplayer game that I paid for thanks to denuvo :FacePalm: After that experience I swore I'll never buy any other denuvo protected game again. One less potential customer for all future denuvo protected games is certainly a negative if you ask me...

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I remember not being able to play a denuvo protected pes game a few years ago because I had no internet at that time.
I couldn't play a singleplayer game that I paid for thanks to denuvo :FacePalm: After that experience I swore I'll never buy any other denuvo protected game again. One less potential customer for all future denuvo protected games is certainly a negative if you ask me...
There was probably information somewhere that game requires internet for activation. Also these days even if you buy physical copy you still need internet to download required data (sometimes whole game). So if something is to be upset about it is the lack of internet.

I had situation that i couldn't run game because of DRM, i know it was because of DRM because with crack it worked just fine (it wasn't denuvo). But that didn't make me hate DRM, I believe everyone has right to protect their property. If i were to be upset with something I would need to be upset with piracy which would mean basically being upset with myself lol. The only people that honestly can be upset about DRM are people that never pirated anything ...

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There was probably information somewhere that game requires internet for activation. Also these days even if you buy physical copy you still need internet to download required data (sometimes whole game). So if something is to be upset about it is the lack of internet.
Yea sure dude as if when you're excited to buy a singleplayer game, the first thing you do is check if you need to be connected to the internet to play it.
I had situation that i couldn't run game because of DRM, i know it was because of DRM because with crack it worked just fine (it wasn't denuvo). But that didn't make me hate DRM, I believe everyone has right to protect their property. If i were to be upset with something I would need to be upset with piracy which would mean basically being upset with myself lol. The only people that honestly can be upset about DRM are people that never pirated anything ...
I haven't bought a single piece of software in my life until like 2016. You can't tell me that I can't be upset about DRM lmfao. At least not by that logic.

The issue here isn't protecting privacy. The issue is protecting privacy with ridiculous costs to performance, ease of use, maintainability, straight up money (that is coming from people that couldn't care less about denuvo, btw) and the ever precious dev time.

They'd rather protect their little piece of shite of a game from being played by some broke folk on the internet that can't afford to pay for car parts let alone software, than develop said game.

Nice troll btw, guess I took the bait on that one

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Yea sure dude as if when you're excited to buy a singleplayer game, the first thing you do is check if you need to be connected to the internet to play it.

I haven't bought a single piece of software in my life until like 2016. You can't tell me that I can't be upset about DRM lmfao. At least not by that logic.

The issue here isn't protecting privacy. The issue is protecting privacy with ridiculous costs to performance, ease of use, maintainability, straight up money (that is coming from people that couldn't care less about denuvo, btw) and the ever precious dev time.

They'd rather protect their little piece of shite of a game from being played by some broke folk on the internet that can't afford to pay for car parts let alone software, than develop said game.

Nice troll btw, guess I took the bait on that one
I guess you just didn't understand a thing from what i said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

interpolxxx1

Jul 31, 2018
the internet reminds me of 10/2022-03/2023 the undersea fiber optic cable in Southeast Asia broke so much that I watched Youtube only using 360p but I still can't watch it - now fixed but still slow

sirretinee

Jul 17, 2018
The wonderful irony of that is this: pirates were probably playing it while you weren't.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021

The amount of mental gymnastics you go through just to cause another controversy on this forum is downright amazing.
Alright buddy lets not blame drm for blocking me from playing the game I paid for but blame:
  • me for my stupidity(because I did not check if a singleplayer game requires internet connection)
  • me for my lack of internet(because lightning struck so close it fried my router)
  • god for sending that lightning which fried my router
Drm is absolutely not at fault here, nope. It was the fault of those damn pirates who were able to play the game while I could not because I paid to be able to play it, yeah that makes sense :FacePalm:

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
The amount of mental gymnastics you go through just to cause another controversy on this forum is downright amazing.
Alright buddy lets not blame drm for blocking me from playing the game I paid for but blame:
  • me for my stupidity(because I did not check if a singleplayer game requires internet connection)
  • me for my lack of internet(because lightning struck so close it fried my router)
  • god for sending that lightning which fried my router
Drm is absolutely not at fault here, nope. It was the fault of those damn pirates who were able to play the game while I could not because I paid to be able to play it, yeah that makes sense :FacePalm:
What is this fallacy achievement post?

Feb 20, 2021
Hey all, can anyone give the TLDR on this game/project?. This forum grew like 500 pages since I last looked haha.
main questions being why is the thread label 0.4.9 but the game download and last version on their site is 0.3.4? which is the same as I had ages ago ? what's going on?

Reactions: BarnMTB
Aug 13, 2020
-You can't tell me that I can't be upset about DRM lmfao. At least not by that logic.
-
Y'all don't mind that guy, he always comes up with some long winded nonsense that becomes an absolute, universal moral scale in his head.

Now I'm legit starting to lose interest... Anything past .34 was a straight downgrade and it seems they will keep pushing in the "harem" direction, except there's no harem... and no game.

Guess we'll be dogging Galatea in the next timeline, folks!

F95phex

Jun 17, 2018
Again, i'm not receiving notifications, i had to manually come to the threat and check it, anyone knows when is going to be fixed?

Greetings.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Again, i'm not receiving notifications, i had to manually come to the threat and check it, anyone knows when is going to be fixed?

Greetings.
No news, they've posted a few updates over the last few weeks saying it'll be up before the weekend/in 24 hours/later today etc. but every time has been followed by some last minute critical bugs or radio silence from the devs/mods.

That said I suspect it's probably a fair bet that Helius will release [something] just before 1 April, even if it's still barely functional, as that's when most people have their Patreon subs expiring.

Would you look at that, a person complaining about piracy ruining sales.

On a piracy forum.
Tbf this isn't just a piracy forum, for titles like this it's the only place you can discuss them without moderation from the devs themselves. It's also a good place to find new titles.

I personally don't really pirate games, I probably wouldn't run anything from here unless it was in a sandboxed environment anyway, and I don't have any specific gripes against Denuvo. It can impact performance but that's implementation specific and so long as devs are careful as to how it's implemented that can be negated. If a game performs well with Denuvo I don't care; if it performs poorly or has stuttering I'm gonna be pissed irrespective of the root cause.

In this particular case though... using crowdfunded money to pay for an expensive DRM solution in a title that's online only anyway... now that's questionable. They could have just used VMProtect or any other far cheaper solution and it's unlikely anyone would have spent the time required to crack it. Only reason it seems to have been cracked before is that they relied entirely on Steam and easy anti-cheat for DRM, didn't encrypt web traffic and the server did very little actual work which simplified setting up a server emulator.

Last edited:
Reactions: F95phex
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes