3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Which rules, given that they haven't actually sold anything via Steam yet?

I know they would be breaking the rules for EA games, as they require that devs provide an accurate description of the current state of the game which even extends to third party sites, but so far as I'm aware that only applies to games that are actually in EA.

I do agree Steam are a joke for letting devs use their platform to legitimise projects like this, not to mention giving them a free distribution platform for keys being sold elsewhere, but I don't think it's really Steam's problem to solve until they start selling on Steam.
I know that according to PH the current version isn't early access, it's a closed beta where you pay to access an early version of the game, totally different. It's such an obvious loophole that I can only assume Valve just doesn't care which again makes them at least partially responsible.

Vagician

Aug 8, 2020
Patreon was never intended to be Kickstarter. Patreon is to support/gain access to existing content. Artists with regular release schedules who use it as a subscription service (like doujin artists) would have clear metrics to see if they're delivering on their promised subscription updates.

The only way I see this working for game development would be simple things with clear time windows and release dates. IE you can say "These 5 new animations will be released on May 5th". But it would need to be specific to bitch about them not delivering.
If they're like "We have so many plans! Better gameplay! More noises! New chicks! New dicks! Jizz with bacon bits!" no specifics, no deadlines. Throw money at disorganized projects, see sub-optimal results. Not surprising.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
mf playing bad cop and good cop at the same fucking time
Best to just not interact with the moderators there. Since the discord is the only place to get "information" on the game, you basically risk losing any insight on the game by talking because if you say something a moderator dislikes you might get muted, kicked, or banned. This isn't anything new and likely won't stop anytime soon. Having been in that server for a while Pasix is just saving face.

Last edited:

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
I know that according to PH the current version isn't early access, it's a closed beta where you pay to access an early version of the game, totally different. It's such an obvious loophole that I can only assume Valve just doesn't care which again makes them at least partially responsible.
That's true but at least in Steam's case it's not something that they are profiting from so it's more likely a case of them just being reticent to be seen as trying to control content on third-party platforms, at worst it's just indifference as you say which is a lot better than Patreon's approach of designing their platform to encourage such outcomes.

I also complained to Steam back when FD mods used to share a link to a word document "FAQ" (super professional) that instructed users to buy on Patreon, which was a clear attempt to get around not being able to do it out in the open, and all such links got scrubbed and the behaviour stopped shortly thereafter so I suspect they do set some ground rules at least.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Best to just not interact with the moderators there. Since the discord is the only place to get "information" on the game, you basically risk losing any insight on the game by talking because if you say something a moderator dislikes you might get muted, kicked, or banned. This isn't anything new and likely won't stop anything soon. Having been in that server for a while Pasix is just saving face.
so kinda like when you're on a safari :KEK:

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
Best to just not interact with the moderators there. Since the discord is the only place to get "information" on the game, you basically risk losing any insight on the game by talking because if you say something a moderator dislikes you might get muted, kicked, or banned. This isn't anything new and likely won't stop anything soon. Having been in that server for a while Pasix is just saving face.
so kinda like when you're on a safari :KEK:
I've never said a single word on the server. I saw them silencing people on Steam and I want access to the comedy show. It's just fun to watch the same few people jerk each other off in chat every day while everyone else who says anything remotely negative suddenly disappears.

Just watch the wild animals from a distance and give yourself a good laugh.

Last edited:

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
I've never said a single word on the server. I saw them silencing people on Steam and I want access to the comedy show. It's just fun to watch the same few people jerk each other off in chat every day while everyone else who says anything remotely negative suddenly disappears.

Just watch the wild animals from a distance and give yourself a good laugh.
You paid them?

CreamyFuta

Apr 17, 2023
Yes, like many others here, we threw them some support back when there was an actual product to show. Years ago. Things have obviously changed since then and no one here supports them anymore.
Hey, at least we have all that in game currency for backing the game

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
VowVie, 5 secs in and it hard restarts my laptop again. 10/10 best optimized game of all tyme, gameplay so amazing that it refused to start and has me fear for my laptops safety
if you're getting performance problems like that, try 0.34 instead. It runs 100 times better because that one isn't plagued with broken networking code written by interns

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
VowVie, 5 secs in and it hard restarts my laptop again. 10/10 best optimized game of all tyme, gameplay so amazing that it refused to start and has me fear for my laptops safety
As a rule of thumb when using untrusted software, no matter if the concern is malware or just developer's incompetence, run it under something like Sandboxie so if it tries to do anything to the PC (fuck up the registry, install a back door, etc) it can't do it as easily. Might not help with the bluescreens though...

Owlearyn

Aug 11, 2019
I'll never not be surprised how delusional the discord server is. I was going back through to see if the teams commitment to being less crap had any truth, and stumbled upon a nice gem where someone was complaining about the lack of being able to access origins.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The response? Clearly this guy shoulda read the years worth of posts (many locked behind subbing) before he subbed to the patreon. Also when pointed out it's still advertised on both Patreon and the projecthelius website?

Colress just says it's not their problem.

Like my brother in christ, if your own website and patreon page isn't your problem for being inaccurate and out of date then whose is it? Are they under the impression Patreon itself is supposed to monitor and update this?
What is even the "Fallen Doll Origin"? Is it the previous Fallen Doll game or some early build of Operation Lovecraft?

Reactions: BarnMTB

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017

MARK2580

Sep 6, 2019
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes