3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I'm actually amazed at the process he used for hiring new mods. This can only end just as well in another 3 years. (The gray color is mod, btw)

View attachment 3076138
Holy shit, after I saw your post I nearly fell out of my chair. I couldn't agree more, I must say you are quite observant. This whole Project Helius is really just a joke, until this game officially releases I am still not believing this game actually has any actual progress.

JerryTigrex

Feb 5, 2020
Thanks to this game I've never paid for an unfinished, crowd-funded game since then, nor have I pre-ordered any game, regardless of the hype. This has helped me avoid shitty games like Battlefield 2042 and Assassin's Creed Mirage. Helius is my hero; he taught me not to trust anyone on the Internet and saves me a lot of money.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Long story short:
On steam, the only version you can download the normal way is the demo

Real game's paywalled on Patreon of all places. Real dick move on Heleus' part. Guy screwed Steam out of pretty much ALL THE REVENUE
Isn't doing that enough for Steam to decide to boot the game off of the platform ?

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
That whole thing reminds me of Star Citizen lmao.
I'm sure if Helius applies for a job at CIG, he'll be hired on-the-spot, no questions asked :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Neon_simp

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Isn't doing that enough for Steam to decide to boot the game off of the platform ?
I've looked and I couldn't find any specific rules for this exact situation. There are rules for stopping similar schemes but it seems like OL is in some kind of loophole where it technically doesn't break them by being an unlisted beta. That's probably why they've dragged out a public release this long.

Reactions: yessiyuri1

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
I've looked and I couldn't find any specific rules for this exact situation. There are rules for stopping similar schemes but it seems like OL is in some kind of loophole where it technically doesn't break them by being an unlisted beta. That's probably why they've dragged out a public release this long.
Well, shiet ! Maybe trying to reach to Steam directly with an email describing the scheme, providing whatever proofs are available to back up the claims , could be a worth a try?

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Well, shiet ! Maybe trying to reach to Steam directly with an email describing the scheme, providing whatever proofs are available to back up the claims , could be a worth a try?
Steam don't care, it does actually openly break their rules about beta keys to
Release State Override (or beta package keys)
These keys are used to grant access to a product prior to its release on Steam. Release State Override keys are intended for small beta tests and press/influencer access. We will look at each request on a case-by-case basis, but Release State Override (beta) keys are generally limited to 2,500 total. It is never OK to sell Release-State Override keys. If you’d like to run a large scale playtest to provide more than a few thousand keys to allow play before your game launches, you should use the Steam Playtest feature.
Steam however are pretty selective as to when they enforce their rules.

For Helius they are probably ignoring it because of how many users have the game wishlisted, they'd rather keep the game on their store rather than watch it go to a competing platform. Even if the game is likely a scam, it being a scam and not eventually releasing doesn't impact Steam and they won't look into it deeply enough to reach that conclusion anyway.

Reactions: yessiyuri1

yessiyuri1

Sep 14, 2022
any news on this game? or just a scam?

You Need To Learn To Read A Room Leonard Geist GIF - You Need To Learn To Read A Room Leonard Geist Chris Cooper GIFs

It's a super scam bud, that's why there are almost 700 pages spanning 4 years on this thread alone and almost 150 on the last one(fallen doll).

If you would have read the last couple pages you would get to see a bunch of reasons why.

There are also youtube videos that kinda cover a lot:
, ,

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes