Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
good i started playing this game try
As you advance in the story and fixed I do not know if they are a normal event or story some scene does not come out the images come out as a blurred image and then they come out talking like some scene but without being able to see each other
is that normal? is it like the images are missing that content of the story or event
Yes, it's normal. Earlier I didn't have time to finish some scenes. So I just blurred them. You can try to use your imagination there :p

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
If I understand correctly, the game delays like 2 month only for translation yes? so update is ready only translation left, so in the meantime Dev should work on next update, therefor next update after release 0.4 , should arrive less than a month, because dev already started on working like 2 month ago? BUT all of this is true IF Dev tell us true about delaying update only about translation.

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
If I understand correctly, the game delays like 2 month only for translation yes? so update is ready only translation left, so in the meantime Dev should work on next update, therefor next update after release 0.4 , should arrive less than a month, because dev already started on working like 2 month ago? BUT all of this is true IF Dev tell us true about delaying update only about translation.
Yep, I'm already working on the new content.:) I wrote early drafts of the few events with Tiffany and Lucy. Also I'm working on expanding few events of this update(Maybe I overexpanded some events a bit more than I should. :HideThePain: )

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
A word to you Enyo_ : Absolutely love your game man. And I understand you position and I dont want to criticise you - I love the game and I am happy when new updates come, but I can wait and thats just the crucial skill you need to have if you want to survive on f95 (; . But let me give you some words of advise:

As long as you dont work on your perfectionism it will always stand in your way. A healthy amount of it is essential for great game developers but too much of it will hold you back big time. You gotta draw a line somewhere and if you dont manage that the outcome will always be the same. Whether you try different strategies such as making up new release dates like crazy or giving no release dates but ever on and on saying it will be soon. Just make life hard for yourself. Ppl wont trust you and you wil never get more Patrons this way, which is sad because you make a great game where you invest a lot of time and its totally fine for you to claim something out of it. I know that you never wanna milk your community and all in all the funny thingsi s that you are a trustworthy dev even though you postpone so often and you are so undisciplined - at least you speak openly about it. You are doing so many things right already. Discussing with the community, answering, being honest with your mistakes and problems - but I think the root of your problems is your perfectionism. And you can think of thousand different strategies on how to deliver in time by giving release dates or not it wont help until you go the root of the problem. Dont make yourself unhappy man. Discussing about your problems all the time here instead of discussing about the game does not help the game and most of all it does not help you. Look at N_Taii from Henteria Chronicles for example. He is making a pixel-art game which is much less popular within the adult game community and is a dev who is around only for two year or something, yet he has a lot of patrons and almost reached his goal of 2500 dollars. Now he can invest more into the games and everybody is happy. He, his community, everybody. And you both are quite similar (Communicating with the community, open to critics, beautiful detailed games and so on) the only difference beeing that he is a perfectionist at a good degree - he delivers detailed scenes (you can feel that he puts a lot of work and mind inside) but knows when to finish. Thats why sometimes the are little mistakes, bugs or things he forgot. But thats what the community is for. They tell him what he missed and what was forgotten (In henteria chrinicles 2 a lot of ppl didnt like the too long intro, so in later updates he looked into it again spicing it up). But as he can draw the line he actually always delivers in time and ppl love this, because its so trustworthy and implies that his work will always go on that ppl think its worth to support him.

Long stroy short - I think you need to make a deal within yourself. You want to make your community happy and discuss about the game and not your delays and problems? Then step back from your perfectionism and have the courage to make mistakes. Your community will help you fixing them afterwards but at least you released smth. And I dont know you enough to know all the roots of your problems but work on them otherwise you will make yourself unhappy and get stuck with it. It is not a nice feeling to run in circles so get out of there and bring some changes to yourself! Hope you dont get this in the wrong way. I just wanted to help without pressuring you. I am happy when the update comes whenever it comes, but I have to admit I would also invest more into you (may it be on patron or here in discussions that are about the game and the story if they would not be about your problems) if I would get this feeling of "He knows what he dos"....

All the best to you enyo! Love your game and hope you succeed!!

Nagash477

Dec 14, 2019
So, he fixed his "code problems" for how long 5-6 month? and after that he promised more updates, and what now? Another delay and another "tranlator problems", not to mention that for now game still have not too much content after almost 3 years of creating game? Bruh...(just walking around)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ara-sH and Enyo_

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
Not sure if you can reveal anything like that, but any hint on how far will the story progress with Ashley? Currently interactions with her are quite short and things seem very distant. Can’t wait to see how it unfolds.. ;)
Actually, story with Ashley won't progress that much in this update. She have few events but the update mostly focused on Kate/Sebastien's relationship.

Reactions: Ghostly

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
So, he fixed his "code problems" for how long 5-6 month? and after that he promised more updates, and what now? Another delay and another "tranlator problems", not to mention that for now game still have not too much content after almost 3 years of creating game? Bruh...(just walking around)
Yep, I definitely failed here. :HideThePain:

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
A word to you Enyo_ : Absolutely love your game man. And I understand you position and I dont want to criticise you - I love the game and I am happy when new updates come, but I can wait and thats just the crucial skill you need to have if you want to survive on f95 (; . But let me give you some words of advise:

As long as you dont work on your perfectionism it will always stand in your way. A healthy amount of it is essential for great game developers but too much of it will hold you back big time. You gotta draw a line somewhere and if you dont manage that the outcome will always be the same. Whether you try different strategies such as making up new release dates like crazy or giving no release dates but ever on and on saying it will be soon. Just make life hard for yourself. Ppl wont trust you and you wil never get more Patrons this way, which is sad because you make a great game where you invest a lot of time and its totally fine for you to claim something out of it. I know that you never wanna milk your community and all in all the funny thingsi s that you are a trustworthy dev even though you postpone so often and you are so undisciplined - at least you speak openly about it. You are doing so many things right already. Discussing with the community, answering, being honest with your mistakes and problems - but I think the root of your problems is your perfectionism. And you can think of thousand different strategies on how to deliver in time by giving release dates or not it wont help until you go the root of the problem. Dont make yourself unhappy man. Discussing about your problems all the time here instead of discussing about the game does not help the game and most of all it does not help you. Look at N_Taii from Henteria Chronicles for example. He is making a pixel-art game which is much less popular within the adult game community and is a dev who is around only for two year or something, yet he has a lot of patrons and almost reached his goal of 2500 dollars. Now he can invest more into the games and everybody is happy. He, his community, everybody. And you both are quite similar (Communicating with the community, open to critics, beautiful detailed games and so on) the only difference beeing that he is a perfectionist at a good degree - he delivers detailed scenes (you can feel that he puts a lot of work and mind inside) but knows when to finish. Thats why sometimes the are little mistakes, bugs or things he forgot. But thats what the community is for. They tell him what he missed and what was forgotten (In henteria chrinicles 2 a lot of ppl didnt like the too long intro, so in later updates he looked into it again spicing it up). But as he can draw the line he actually always delivers in time and ppl love this, because its so trustworthy and implies that his work will always go on that ppl think its worth to support him.

Long stroy short - I think you need to make a deal within yourself. You want to make your community happy and discuss about the game and not your delays and problems? Then step back from your perfectionism and have the courage to make mistakes. Your community will help you fixing them afterwards but at least you released smth. And I dont know you enough to know all the roots of your problems but work on them otherwise you will make yourself unhappy and get stuck with it. It is not a nice feeling to run in circles so get out of there and bring some changes to yourself! Hope you dont get this in the wrong way. I just wanted to help without pressuring you. I am happy when the update comes whenever it comes, but I have to admit I would also invest more into you (may it be on patron or here in discussions that are about the game and the story if they would not be about your problems) if I would get this feeling of "He knows what he dos"....

All the best to you enyo! Love your game and hope you succeed!!
Thank you for your kind words and for your feedback! I think you got all the things right. I agree with everything you said.
I also think that this is the biggest problem I have. And from this problem all delays and other problems coming from.
I can never stick to the plan. I always want to add more. I can redo the whole game without saying to anyone (as it was before). I can work the whole day on one picture because I don't like how lights reflects in the eyes of the character. I just keep working until I'm satisfied.
Sometimes my quality of being perfectionist can be good though. My skills in 3d and writing grew greatly because of that. But it's not good patreon strategy for sure, you're absolutely right. And also you're absolutely right that community helps to find mistakes etc. and that at the end of the day more support will allow me to create a better game than I can do by myself. With all these delays I'm just losing trust of people and that's very bad strategy.
I believe the best idea for me is to set the goal/deadline and release what I have no matter what. For example, I'll tell that I'll release certain amount of events in 3 weeks and no matter what I will release at least something in time. And if at first it will be only 1 event instead of 3-4 planned, it will help me to learn and step by step I'll improve my consistency.
Again, thank you for your heartwarming feedback.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sfoMMA85

OliverQn26

Aug 17, 2020
Just a rename mod I cobbled together super quickly using find and replace with some regex and a backspace key.

Game Version: v0.35
  • Allows you to rename MC at the start of the game. Just press enter for the default Sebastien.
  • Unfortunately, removes the typos where you're called "Sebastian" or "Sebsastien." :p
  • I used the same variable name as heero000's mod, so your name will carry over if using a save with that mod.
Of course, if there are issues, just let me know.
How do you install it?

niko82

Mar 29, 2020
:whistle:...
Please, excuse me, I'm very sorry to be asking this question, but I'd like to know if the ntr is avoidable. Is it avoidable?
...:whistle:
no ntr really, considering mc is a signle guy, not atached to one girl, if you consider ntr, it could only be with the married girl who has trouble with her husband and mc is here to help her being her old self, so dont really care if an another guy is cucked during the story

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
no ntr really, considering mc is a signle guy, not atached to one girl, if you consider ntr, it could only be with the married girl who has trouble with her husband and mc is here to help her being her old self, so dont really care if an another guy is cucked during the story
So it's a story about the MC stealing other guy's girl? Yeah... Don't have any problem with this.
Is it something similar to what happens in "Twists Of My Life", where the MC steals the girl from his rival?

Mmarsh

Mar 1, 2020
even if that married gal cheats on her husband, it will take atleast one to two years to happen that

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
I'll release certain amount of events in 3 weeks and no matter what I will release at least something in time. And if at first it will be only 1 event instead of 3-4 planned, it will help me to learn and step by step I'll improve my consistency.
Again, thank you for your heartwarming feedback.
yupp, maybe thats a good strategy. Releasing something even if its less then you wanted to and sticking to a plan is better then releasing nothing I guess. And yes maybe on the way you find a realistic pacing and you can assess better how long you will need for certain amount of events - but maybe you dont even need to talk about the amount. Just make a fix date for each month for example and say the content is going to be about XY - not how much or what exactly about it is going to be. What you can also do is; you could make something like weekly "Proof of life" messages where you talk about progress or give little teasers - so you have something to work for every week. Like small goals (The weekly proof of lives) and big goals (the monthly update) you work towards. In the end I think the length of the updates doesnt matter that much. I think it s more important to have regular content updates so people stay interested in the game and so that they stick around. Also you can discuss better about smaller updates then about bigger ones where little mistakes rather get lost in the sheer amount of content. And yes do make mistakes, youll definitely learn more out of this then only by yourself.

And as I said already: Do keep your release dates - donf fool yourself. This way you will learn to stick to your plan and thats most important even though you perfectionism tells you not to. And even if they are not finished - release them. People get fucked up about postponing and no updates and empty words - much more then about updates that are missing some content they didnt even knew about. So dont make false hopes and just deliver anything - that will make things better I believe. And that would be a good start and from there you can go further and get better...

edit: i just looked at it again and I really think its hilarious that you dont have more patreon followers as the game features more then 80 reviews here on f95 and got a rating of 4.5 stars. That can only be due to the problems we talked about. Really enyo work on those things and I guess you can succeed big time, because your game has so much potential. You just really need to change those key variables in your production process...

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 131 Votes