Bigredz

Dec 8, 2016
I don't know anything about making these games, I can barely use a computer at all. But I feel like in general game developers are being way, way too ambitious with the size and length of their projects. I don't know what the completion rate is for these games but I feel like it is maybe less than 1% of projects started.

I feel like people should start out with something that can be completed in a year or 2 years tops. Give themselves a chance to work out how they go at managing the project how quickly they might get bored, etc.. I have to imagine the skills would improve as well producing a short game. As a player I definitely lose interest in a game over time, even the good ones. I often have to replay at least some of the game with a new update just to remember what was going on, this just kinda loses the fun over a many year project.

I recently played the Radiant update and I couldn't help thinking that game is going to take another ten years to complete realistically. Am I going to still want to play it in ten years? are the developers still going to want to be making it in ten years? Are the visuals going to be super outdated in ten years? Will covid40 wipe us out in ten years? Is climate change going to have us all living underground eating rats and competing in cage fights for water rations in ten years? erm.. you get the point.
I think most of the games on this site will never be completed. And the games that are eventually completed, will be rushed towards the end. It almost always ends this way. What is happening right now with this project is not good. If he dosent outright abandon this project, you would be lucky to get two update a year from now on.

Reactions: queeg500

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
I feel like people should start out with something that can be completed in a year or 2 years tops. Give themselves a chance to work out how they go at managing the project how quickly they might get bored, etc.. I have to imagine the skills would improve as well producing a short game. As a player I definitely lose interest in a game over time, even the good ones. I often have to replay at least some of the game with a new update just to remember what was going on, this just kinda loses the fun over a many year project.
I think people do start with the idea they can complete it in a year or two, but they underestimate the time and effort needed and they actually need more like 3 or 4 years. Then within a year they get bored of working on it and they start working less and less. Then because they are working less on it, now they need more like 5-6 years to finish it. Then they realize it will take too long and they will probably never finish it, but they like the money coming in and they don't have enough honesty and integrity to admit the party is over, so they keep lying to themselves and their audience it's still being worked on... until the lie becomes too obvious and the game gets abandoned tag slapped on it.

Is climate change going to have us all living underground eating rats and competing in cage fights for water rations in ten years?
Climate change is the worst. Ice age is coming!!!

Reactions: Jazzgeoff

Rayadito

Jun 29, 2020
I don't know anything about making these games, I can barely use a computer at all. But I feel like in general game developers are being way, way too ambitious with the size and length of their projects. I don't know what the completion rate is for these games but I feel like it is maybe less than 1% of projects started.

I recently played the Radiant update and I couldn't help thinking that game is going to take another ten years to complete realistically. Am I going to still want to play it in ten years? are the developers still going to want to be making it in ten years? Are the visuals going to be super outdated in ten years? Will covid40 wipe us out in ten years? Is climate change going to have us all living underground eating rats and competing in cage fights for water rations in ten years? erm.. you get the point.
The same thing happened to me with radiant ... after I got a job and made enough money to keep my fucking ass, I don't know what to do with it. I'm a fan of good stories and if they have a bit of sexiness I can't complain haha but with the radiant thing I had an epiphany and I asked myself the question, I'm seriously going to pay this guy 250 dollars every year to just get 1 update, for 5, 6 or more years? And it's a bit unfair because on the other side there are developers with great stories but they can't continue because they don't have enough patreons to finance their project and they quit after a couple of months.

bal8659

May 30, 2020
You can tell if a game has turned for shit, when everyone starts talking about other things beside the game play. Such a pity, it had good potential to be a great game. Maybe some other developers can take over haha..

Reactions: clemfromhell

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
this is becoming another Bad Bobby Saga situation...i hate that this happens to this game cuz it use to be one of the rare games i was looking forward of playing...Enyo needs to stand up for his mistakes but from what i see he is still a no show anywhere...

Reactions: Assari

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Also the recurring assumption that supporters are dumb in some way, either to realize that they get cheated, or just dumb in general, why so many people think that?
There are a ton of devs who update their games 1 or 2 times per year making money every month. People here will talk about milking and whatnot because other devs work faster for less money. Simple as that.
Telling your fans the update is almost ready to make them wait for 7 months is not a wise idea either. If you don't know how much is gonna take say the update will be ready when is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladheim

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
Hi! I'm back!
I made a post where I explained why I wasn't online for such a long time.

Basically, I was kinda scared and didn't want to read any negative comments. I felt guilty so I decided to release beta first and return only then. I'm sorry about that.

I'll try to answer all of your old questions! Definitely not today though, because I'm tired after finishing the update.:HideThePain:

Most importantly, the beta is finally out. And I'll release public version soon.

Last edited:

babaukladchik

Oct 2, 2020
Hi! I'm back!

Basically, I was kinda scared and didn't want to read any negative comments. I felt guilty so I decided to release beta first and return only then. I'm sorry about that.

I'll try to answer all of your old questions! Definitely not today though, because I'm tired after finishing the update.:HideThePain:

Most importantly, the beta is finally out. And I'll release public version soon.
You'd better not to read it, you will be sad, depressed and suicide then. Than we will not see any development of the game.

Again, don't read it. Just fo future announce an update when it is REALLY ready. And don't put the date without a year.
Hope you'll be fine and growth partons.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hi! I'm back!

So, first you told us months ago that you read the negative comments and use them as motivation to finish the work, and now you tell us you're scared and didn't want to read any negative comments? I guess that explains why you lost motivation and missed the deadline by 5 months and counting. (No, I don't count a beta release as an actual release.) :ROFLMAO:

Enyo_ I only have one question - have you really truly undeniably unmistakably absolutely learned your lesson?

3.60 star(s) 131 Votes