fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
Hm... it's been years since I last played this game, but considering what I read here and how people are disappointed by the lack of content, I assume there's still no trace of the sharing content hinted in the opening post ? (as "planned content")

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Most time you spend in this game is getting the news that "you can't do that yet, maybe someday".

Great character designs but completely wasted.

Reactions: Jarul

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Hm... it's been years since I last played this game, but considering what I read here and how people are disappointed by the lack of content, I assume there's still no trace of the sharing content hinted in the opening post ? (as "planned content")
I'd fucking hope not, there's almost no content with the MC as it is never mind some other wanker.

Most time you spend in this game is getting the news that "you can't do that yet, maybe someday".

Great character designs but completely wasted.
This is one of the reasons I absolutely hate 'sandbox' games. They are a giant waste of time for the player.

"Oh I'm sorry it's 1pm on Saturday at the third corner of House B on 22nd street, unfortunately we only have content for 12pm on Saturday for that location - fun fact! there are 12 other scenes you could get at that exact time slot. Also we'll tell you none of that. Also we won't let you know if there's anything left for you to do."

I know this game isn't quite that bad, but fuck those developers with a rusty rake. The only acceptable type of sandbox is the point and click jazz where you select which scenes you want to view in what order, instead of running around clicking on every fucking thing and given 3-24 different time slots (which gets exponentially worse if you add days of the week to the mix) where literally everything is empty. It's a complete waste of resources and time on the developers side too.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
This game used to be great. Then some people complained and the dev listened to them, rewrites and it all goes to shit.
It's never been great. At first it was something like a dark story of a cynical psychopath. But the dev was never able to squeeze something good out of himself and only added and removed scenes in each update. Then he decided to redo the whole concept to make the game more easy and vanilla. A couple of times, with a lot of suffering and drama, he managed to release more or less worthy updates, but a few others, like the last one, were so-so.
The game has good rendering quality and an idea of interesting characters. And I, like many others, really hoped that the dev would be able to pull himself together and start forging content based on these ideas. But this has never happened and is unlikely to ever happen. And some people have absolutely nothing to do with it.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
It's never been great. At first it was something like a dark story of a cynical psychopath. But the dev was never able to squeeze something good out of himself and only added and removed scenes in each update. Then he decided to redo the whole concept to make the game more easy and vanilla. A couple of times, with a lot of suffering and drama, he managed to release more or less worthy updates, but a few others, like the last one, were so-so.
The game has good rendering quality and an idea of interesting characters. And I, like many others, really hoped that the dev would be able to pull himself together and start forging content based on these ideas. But this has never happened and is unlikely to ever happen. And some people have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Is that your diplomatic way of saying that playing this is a waste of time that we will never ever get back?

Reactions: Rintal

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Bwahaha this dev bullshitted his patrons for a fucking year and ended up releasing a tiny, clearly unfinished rush job. What an absolute joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluedrakken

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Has the dev said anything on his discord? Hes got like 30,000 members.. surely they have made comments and the dev has had to make some kind of comments on his update frequency and the amount of content in the updates?

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
I'd fucking hope not, there's almost no content with the MC as it is never mind some other wanker.

This is one of the reasons I absolutely hate 'sandbox' games. They are a giant waste of time for the player.

"Oh I'm sorry it's 1pm on Saturday at the third corner of House B on 22nd street, unfortunately we only have content for 12pm on Saturday for that location - fun fact! there are 12 other scenes you could get at that exact time slot. Also we'll tell you none of that. Also we won't let you know if there's anything left for you to do."

I know this game isn't quite that bad, but fuck those developers with a rusty rake. The only acceptable type of sandbox is the point and click jazz where you select which scenes you want to view in what order, instead of running around clicking on every fucking thing and given 3-24 different time slots (which gets exponentially worse if you add days of the week to the mix) where literally everything is empty. It's a complete waste of resources and time on the developers side too.
No, see this is different. It's not that you can't go to the house at noon on Sunday... the house just isn't built yet.

There is specific time of day stuff but it has loose restrictions. The main issue is that so much of it just isn't there. Every interaction eventually leads to 'this will be implemented in the future'.

Has the dev said anything on his discord? Hes got like 30,000 members.. surely they have made comments and the dev has had to make some kind of comments on his update frequency and the amount of content in the updates?
It's what you'd expect. He posts about delays and apologizes and says he's working on getting better. Most of the people in there are ripping into him pretty well. A lot of people quit at the end of the month.

Last edited:

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
yes its filled with excuses the discord is full of simps and suckers that believe everything the dev says.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
please update
I released version 0.38ALPHA of the JDMOD as Early Access for my patrons. In 7 days it will become public and available for everyone. You can check it out here:

3.60 star(s) 131 Votes