elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
He is losing patrons ( money ) so he has to give something, as little as possible, so he can be able to waste everyone's for another year....
That way he doesnt do any of the work and still receives money.... basically the way he has been doing for past couple of years...
This right here. It's painfully obvious his intention is to make as much as possible while doing as little as possible. One just needs to look at his stated work and promises and then look at the results.

Now he is feeling some pressure and shitting out some laughably small updates.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
The forum is in full white knight mode again trying to save maidens
that didn't ask to be saved.

People that are able to pledge via paytroen have to be legally of sound mind.
Otherwise they would not have the means like credit card or an income
to spent money by pledging. That also means that those people
know what they are doing and do it out of their own free will.

So saying that they are getting milked, is you insulting them
by basically calling them stupid.

Seriously what do you think gives you the right to do any of that?!

So maybe go and help out for a day in your local animal shelter instead.

THAT would actually be meaningfull and even do some good.
I hate to break reality to you, but being legally of sound mind has never ever been necessary to have a credit card or an income.

There are many spoiled brats that got a credit card from mommy and daddy.

There are many crazy people that have made enough money to qualify for a credit card.

And then there are those that are "legally of sound mind" that have credit cards but were then driven crazy by some other factors.

Now having said that, the rest of your argument actually have some merit.

Sep 8, 2020
I hate to break reality to you, but being legally of sound mind has never ever been necessary to have a credit card or an income.

There are many crazy people that have made enough money to qualify for a credit card.

And then there are those that are "legally of sound mind" that have credit cards but were then driven crazy by some other factors.

THIS!

CountKael

May 16, 2022
In order to accuse Enyo of a lack of work ethic, you must at least be his employer. You are not his boss, you are a consumer of his products. You have no right to lead him, set conditions for him or set deadlines for him. If you don't like something, take your $3 and don't visit his Patreon page again.
My Brother in Christ, i am not just a simple consumer, i am/was a patron. i gave him a few of my dollarino to support his project. If you bothered to check the comments on some of his patreon posts, theres little to no mention of someone telling ENYO how to do his job or when to release his work. And the only condition his patrons set for him is to release an update on the date he himself set.

Plus i cant criticize his work ethic because i dont work for/with him? What kind of monke brain logic is that? so by your logic, why should you tell me what i can or cant do? last time i check i dont work for you and you dont work for me afaik.
Memes aside, I criticized his work ethics not only because i hate how he does things but also because i want him to be aware of his faults that he may improve upon it.

Reactions: Jarul

CountKael

May 16, 2022

Man, I wish i was crazy so i can plead "not guilty" to some of my recent purchases. FUCK YOU GAMES WORKSHOP!

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018

Was talking about the legal requirements for business dealings and not about
the social and mental state of humanity. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt
and think that you got that despite your comment.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
the social and mental state of humanity. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt
Way to move the goalpost from "necessary to have a credit card or an income" to "business dealings".

No need to give me the benefit of the doubt. I got your point. It's the presupposition you put on your own point that is completely off reality. And honestly, moving the goalpost the way you just did isn't helping your case.

omnis23

Jan 8, 2018
Wow, never knew I had thousands of employees around me. I've been going to shops and paying for stuff since, forever, basically. I should talk to Bezos one of these days. I gave his company money a few times too, so, he's gotta be my employee, right?
Competly missed the point! Ofcourse no one employs enyo. Presumably speaking, if this work is his only revenue stream than it could be considered his job. ( even if it not my next point stands )
Basically, every relationship between every single one of his patreons and him would be a contract. There are diffrent expetations depending on parties to the contract, but, presumably, general one would be for new content to be created. which is not the case. If you are not displeased by that, you are either dumb or payed by dev... That said, he is clearly not fullfilling his obligations and what happens then?
Yes, the only thing that can happen! Unsatisfied people/customers/parteons/parties to the contract or however you want to call them will find him in breach of the terms of the contract ( which, for this to be even more ironic, dev chose himself ) or even his moral obligation to them and will cancel their subscriptions....
To conclude, dev loses money/patreons and income his games generate and you can be a sarcastic smartass all you want...
Falsa nominatio non nocet!

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Way to move the goalpost from "necessary to have a credit card or an income" to "business dealings".

No need to give me the benefit of the doubt. I got your point. It's the presupposition you put on your own point that is completely off reality. And honestly, moving the goalpost the way you just did isn't helping your case.
Ok, I hereby declare that you won the arguement and are clearly
the *insert your prefered adjective here* human being.

Happy now? Great! Have a good one.

And no, you clearly didn't get me. It's not about how dumb humans can be
even if they legally are of sound mind and thus allowed to business dealings
without the supervision of a legal guardian.

It's about them being allowed to make dumb buisness discisions
like pledging to creator that does not deliver what they promised
and the board not having to white knight for those folk.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
My Brother in Christ, i am not just a simple consumer, i am/was a patron. i gave him a few of my dollarino to support his project. If you bothered to check the comments on some of his patreon posts, theres little to no mention of someone telling ENYO how to do his job or when to release his work. And the only condition his patrons set for him is to release an update on the date he himself set.

Plus i cant criticize his work ethic because i dont work for/with him? What kind of monke brain logic is that? so by your logic, why should you tell me what i can or cant do? last time i check i dont work for you and you dont work for me afaik.
Memes aside, I criticized his work ethics not only because i hate how he does things but also because i want him to be aware of his faults that he may improve upon it.
Are you familiar with the definition of public opinion?
"Public opinion is the opinion of those who have not been asked."
Before giving someone advice, first ask if he needs them at all?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Ok, I hereby declare that you won the arguement and are clearly
the *insert your prefered adjective here* human being.

Happy now? Great! Have a good one.

And no, you clearly didn't get me. It's not about how dumb humans can be
even if they legally are of sound mind and thus allowed to business dealings
without the supervision of a legal guardian.

It's about them being allowed to make dumb buisness discisions
like pledging to creator that does not deliver what they promised
and the board not having to white knight for those folk.
Ok, so let's see. How is this...
People that are able to pledge via paytroen have to be legally of sound mind.
Otherwise they would not have the means like credit card or an income
to spent money by pledging.
... even remotely close to this?
I got your point about white knight and all that. There's no argument there. I've already said you point has merits in my very first reply.

Clearly you're the one who didn't get my point - making wildly non-factual claims to boost your case and then try to change it when being called out does not help your argument, even if the main point you are trying to make is perfectly valid.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"A creator is someone who creates a membership page on Patreon to engage with patrons who have purchased memberships from Patreon to support the creator’s creations."
"A patron is someone who purchases memberships from Patreon to support their favorite creators’ creations. Through a paid membership on Patreon, patrons directly interact with creators they support, using tools supplied by Patreon, and through our platform have the opportunity to engage with a greater community of patrons and creators."
and
"Patreon is not a platform to launch a direct sales business or ... ... Patreon is not meant to be a means to promote a direct sales business, but a place for creators to launch creative endeavors." - copy pasted Patreon's terms and guidelines as relevant.

My initial sassy remark was for your outlandish use of words, which separately might have meaning, but together are a blatant lie at worst, and misguided belief at best.
If a Patron loses money, that's on them. Why you'd want to speculate or wish for a creator to lose money, one whose game you clearly enjoy since you are writing in their game's thread, is beyond me. There's plenty of creators who have been missing, dead or have been ignoring their patreon pages for many years and still earn thousands,... what's happening there, is unknown. There's quite a few who as benefits give News updates or teasers only, yet, I don't see anyone complaining about those here.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Ok, so let's see. How is this...

... even remotely close to this?

I got your point about white knight and all that. There's no argument there. I've already said you point has merits in my very first reply.

Clearly you're the one who didn't get my point - making wildly non-factual claims to boost your case and then try to change it when being called out does not help your argument, even if the main point you are trying to make is perfectly valid.
Sorry mate but I didn't change jack shit. Always said the same thing.
Did change the wording since I was under the impression that you
didn't understand me. Which seems the be the case.

In order to make any binding deals whether it's just buying a can of soda
in a supermarket to buy property you have to be legally of sound mind.

The opposite of that is having a legal guardian whitout whose consent
you can not make any binding deals. Not even buying candy.
That goes for mentally handicapped people.

At least in my country.

So in order to make a binding deal with paytreon you have to fall in first category.

Folk who have a legal guardian in my country do not have the means to pledge to
paytreon.

That's all I ever said.

I don't get why you seem to not want to understand that. :unsure:
Could be a language thing since english is not my native language
but I don't think I was writing utter gibberish.

omnis23

Jan 8, 2018
"A creator is someone who creates a membership page on Patreon to engage with patrons who have purchased memberships from Patreon to support the creator’s creations."
"A patron is someone who purchases memberships from Patreon to support their favorite creators’ creations. Through a paid membership on Patreon, patrons directly interact with creators they support, using tools supplied by Patreon, and through our platform have the opportunity to engage with a greater community of patrons and creators."
and
"Patreon is not a platform to launch a direct sales business or ... ... Patreon is not meant to be a means to promote a direct sales business, but a place for creators to launch creative endeavors." - copy pasted Patreon's terms and guidelines as relevant.

My initial sassy remark was for your outlandish use of words, which separately might have meaning, but together are a blatant lie at worst, and misguided belief at best.
If a Patron loses money, that's on them. Why you'd want to speculate or wish for a creator to lose money, one whose game you clearly enjoy since you are writing in their game's thread, is beyond me. There's plenty of creators who have been missing, dead or have been ignoring their patreon pages for many years and still earn thousands,... what's happening there, is unknown. There's quite a few who as benefits give News updates or teasers only, yet, I don't see anyone complaining about those here.
I always find it funny when people are quoting something, especially terms of use and guidelines because, to be honest, it means they have no thoughts of their own to share...
While all definitions that you kindly quoted are true I still fail too see the point of it.
Simple reason - my hypothesis is that enyo is doing a bad job as a developer, providing little no to content for over 2 years and as a result of it, will lose patrons which equals losing money...
Please understand this, we are not talking about Patreon and if enyo were to disappear over night Patreon wouldnt take a hit because of it.
Now, I must admit you were right. I enjoyed this game. I really did. When i played it for the first time about 2 years ago.
Then i was hopeful, but with every update my hopes were dissapearing...
Speaking for this point in time, I can confidentlyclaim that dev has been milking his patrons and not delieviring on his own deadlines...
So I ask, if I enjoyed the game in one point in time, that means that I cant say that the developer has not delievered like him promised and i cant withdraw my support and say the truth about him and this project??
And what kind of argument is "other devs are worse" LMFAO

3.60 star(s) 131 Votes