3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
would be nice to have a notice that says "story changing path" (for save point)
Apologies. I'm confused. The MC is given a significant choice (cooperate or not) and you feel that the story needs to warn you that the two choices will result in different outcomes? Do you ask for this kind of notice for every choice in every game you play?

Mk900

Oct 7, 2017
Apologies. I'm confused. The MC is given a significant choice (cooperate or not) and you feel that the story needs to warn you that the two choices will result in different outcomes? Do you ask for this kind of notice for every choice in every game you play?
i think he meant he wish he had the chance to save with the possibility to change the name of the save instead of the generic save game 1, 2, etc
so that he can recognize at which point he did a specific save.
but in this game, that is a kinda pointless feature, you do not have that many choices(just one, actually) and you can restart anyway at the start of each chapter from the menu

Reactions: trauts

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
i think he meant he wish he had the chance to save with the possibility to change the name of the save instead of the generic save game 1, 2, etc
but in this game, that is a kinda pointless feature, you do not have that many choices(just one, actually) and you can restart anyway at the start of each chapter from the menu
at this point of this novel, if there's one branch/path there could be more in the future.
Rich my comment was not meant as a criticism, but more of a "like to have"/suggestion

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
at this point of this novel, if there's one branch/path there could be more in the future.
Rich my comment was not meant as a criticism, but more of a "like to have"/suggestion
Ah! The lightbulb goes on! NOW I understand. "Naming your saves." Apologies for not understanding what you meant by "have a notice" - I thought you meant something inline in the game. (Smacks forehead)

That is something I can, indeed, add - I've done it in the other games for which I code. It's not actually that much work.

And I can see where a named save could be useful, even given the sparsity of branches, if you wanted to go back and re-watch a particular favorite scene without having to start from the beginning of the chapter. (Had I had it to do over again, the "Gallery" would probably have been a "Replay area" instead, but I'm not sure I'm going to go back and do that.)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That is something I can, indeed, add - I've done it in the other games for which I code. It's not actually that much work.
Just curious. What kind of experience did you have when you first started this project. Were you more into the Renpy side or more into the Daz side?

Reactions: Panos24

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Just curious. What kind of experience did you have when you first started this project. Were you more into the Renpy side or more into the Daz side?
At the time I started this project, I'd had maybe 2-3 years worth of time with Daz Studio, and about a year with Ren'py. Ren'py came pretty naturally, because I'm a professional programmer. Other than "practice projects," my first serious foray into Ren'py was https://f95zone.to/threads/seraphim-academy-ch-1-3-trinity-games.15272/, which kicked off maybe 6 months before FF&S. (Seraphim withered because the writer left.)

With Daz Studio, I'd puttered around with it off and on for a while, but didn't get really serious about it until after I joined this site, actually. Did some "fan art" for DMD and Big Brother (some of which I now cringe at... LOL), and then "got serious about it" when I jumped into an add-on for Big Brother with Derover - https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-a-shopping-adventure-v0-6-1-derover-rich.5020/ Daz Studio wasn't my first 3D graphics experience, however - I'd had some time with Blender, plus also some Poser experience a long time ago. So it was perhaps a bit less about "learning the basic concepts" and more about "mastering the tool's mechanics," I think.

Although I'd had less time with it when I started FF&S, I'd say the Ren'py side has always come more naturally to me, but that's because of my professional background. I didn't actually have Python experience when I picked up Ren'py, but when you've mastered BASIC, FORTRAN, C, C++, assembly language, Objective C and Java, Ren'py and Python were "just another language." (Coincidently, shortly thereafter I took a new job where Python was the main language being used, so Ren'py got me a bit of a head start there.)

My main limitation with Daz Studio, I think, is that I don't have the "artist's eye" or "photographer's eye." I have the technical part down well, I think, but I see some of the shots that people do in other games and think "wow, that's such an awesome composition - why can't I do that?" But, oh well, we can't be good at everything, and I'm good enough for my own purposes.

Probably more of a ramble than you wanted, but there it is.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
At the time I started this project, I'd had maybe 2-3 years worth of time with Daz Studio, and about a year with Ren'py. Ren'py came pretty naturally, because I'm a professional programmer. Other than "practice projects," my first serious foray into Ren'py was https://f95zone.to/threads/seraphim-academy-ch-1-3-trinity-games.15272/, which kicked off maybe 6 months before FF&S. (Seraphim withered because the writer left.)

With Daz Studio, I'd puttered around with it off and on for a while, but didn't get really serious about it until after I joined this site, actually. Did some "fan art" for DMD and Big Brother (some of which I now cringe at... LOL), and then "got serious about it" when I jumped into an add-on for Big Brother with Derover - https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-a-shopping-adventure-v0-6-1-derover-rich.5020/ Daz Studio wasn't my first 3D graphics experience, however - I'd had some time with Blender, plus also some Poser experience a long time ago. So it was perhaps a bit less about "learning the basic concepts" and more about "mastering the tool's mechanics," I think.

Although I'd had less time with it when I started FF&S, I'd say the Ren'py side has always come more naturally to me, but that's because of my professional background. I didn't actually have Python experience when I picked up Ren'py, but when you've mastered BASIC, FORTRAN, C, C++, assembly language, Objective C and Java, Ren'py and Python were "just another language." (Coincidently, shortly thereafter I took a new job where Python was the main language being used, so Ren'py got me a bit of a head start there.)

My main limitation with Daz Studio, I think, is that I don't have the "artist's eye" or "photographer's eye." I have the technical part down well, I think, but I see some of the shots that people do in other games and think "wow, that's such an awesome composition - why can't I do that?" But, oh well, we can't be good at everything, and I'm good enough for my own purposes.

Probably more of a ramble than you wanted, but there it is.
This game is what drew me into adult games (I came across a walkthrough video), and it was one of the inspirations for making my own game. For that, I thank you. I've been having a lot of fun.
While I have had years of programming experience, I knew nothing about python or renpy or daz. I've learned a lot in the last few months but I also know I have a lot to learn.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Will there be any more of Melissa having to dress sexier & exposing herself to public view in school, as in the original tale?

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Wow. Somebody apparently got upset at us discussing our backgrounds and had the mods delete all those posts. Sigh.
Well I found it surprising that there were so many Old Farts on this thread, I liked the banter because it gave me hope and made me feel young again (oops is that another thread) anyway thanks Rich for a good game and Hope! Cheers Bud [but don't frighten the children}

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes