Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
LMAO! Because, as it so happens, I'm actually in the middle of rewatching Breaking Bad these days. Never occurred to connect the two...

And thanks!
I know some will disagree, but that very well may possibly be the best television show. Ever. There are different kinds of shows, of course, but for action/drama/gang shows its as good as there is. Its better than The Sopranos and its better than Game of Thrones. Some people say The Wire rivals Breaking Bad but I prefer the slow burn and build of Breaking Bad. The shows, Wire and BB, are different in that The Wire examines more of the systemic corruption and suffering of people while BB demonstrates the decline, rise, and fall of the ego manifested by drug dealing and crime.

Anyhow, BB is a damn good show. Unrelated shows that are also awesome include The Witcher, Avatar the last airbender (yes, a cartoon lol), and True Detective (seasons 1 and 3).

Can't wait for next chapter and keep up the good work !

Reactions: oktabitt

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
~>Is this netori or mc got c*ckold
The "NTR-ness" of this game was hotly (and nastily) debated early in its life, and I'm told that the tag ended up getting added just so that the "oh, no, nothing that even vaguely resembles NTR for me" crowd had fair warning that they might want to stay away.

What we've seen so far wrt people in relationships with the MC:
  1. The MC's mother being coerced into sex by a cop. Also, the mother appears to be having an affair with a fellow teacher which the MC is sort of investigating. However, probably doesn't count for much, because the MC doesn't appear to have any "more than normal" attachment to his mother.
  2. The MC's sister having sex with her boyfriend and then with the MC's best friend. Again, nothing here, because there's nothing going on between the MC and his sister.
  3. The MC's girlfriend stripping in front of the MC's best friend and having him take "Playboy-style" photos of her. So, small element here, perhaps.
But, that's as much as we have so far in this vicinity. Thus, if it qualifies as either, it's pretty mild.

IMHO, the early raging about "you didn't tell me this had NTR in it" was probably the result of #1, with people jumping to the (unwarranted) conclusion that the MC and his mother were going to be... "closer." Because every story has the MC going after his mother, right? (Well, not this one.)

Hope that answers what you wanted to know.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Because every story has the MC going after his mother, right? (Well, not this one.)
Do you have some personal insight on where this game is going or is this your opinion?
Or are you just making a comment based on what's happened so far?
Just curious.

Edit:
John's original story was incest-based and this VN was clearly following that path in the beginning. Then, maybe after John and Rich parted ways, or when Patreon started cracking down, that path became much less clear.
While I understand not everyone is looking for an incest game, many of us hold out that it could still happen. Which is why I ask, do you know something the rest of us don't?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019
The "NTR-ness" of this game was hotly (and nastily) debated early in its life, and I'm told that the tag ended up getting added just so that the "oh, no, nothing that even vaguely resembles NTR for me" crowd had fair warning that they might want to stay away.

What we've seen so far wrt people in relationships with the MC:
  1. The MC's mother being coerced into sex by a cop. Also, the mother appears to be having an affair with a fellow teacher which the MC is sort of investigating. However, probably doesn't count for much, because the MC doesn't appear to have any "more than normal" attachment to his mother.
  2. The MC's sister having sex with her boyfriend and then with the MC's best friend. Again, nothing here, because there's nothing going on between the MC and his sister.
  3. The MC's girlfriend stripping in front of the MC's best friend and having him take "Playboy-style" photos of her. So, small element here, perhaps.
But, that's as much as we have so far in this vicinity. Thus, if it qualifies as either, it's pretty mild.

IMHO, the early raging about "you didn't tell me this had NTR in it" was probably the result of #1, with people jumping to the (unwarranted) conclusion that the MC and his mother were going to be... "closer." Because every story has the MC going after his mother, right? (Well, not this one.)

Hope that answers what you wanted to know.
~>Thanks for replying there are some tags NTR has been called netori since it's my cup of tea I just want to clarify.

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Do you have some personal insight on where this game is going or is this your opinion?
Or are you just making a comment based on what's happened so far?
Just curious.
I do chat with the dev on Discord, and have read all the posts in this thread. Thus, I think I have a little insight on some of what's happened in the past in the game. That being said, I don't have any more knowledge about "what's next" than you do - Rich doesn't discuss "upcoming events."

Reactions: clowns234

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I do chat with the dev on Discord, and have read all the posts in this thread. Thus, I think I have a little insight on some of what's happened in the past in the game. That being said, I don't have any more knowledge about "what's next" than you do - Rich doesn't discuss "upcoming events."
Thanks for the response. :)

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
John's original story was incest-based and this VN was clearly following that path in the beginning. Then, maybe after John and Rich parted ways, or when Patreon started cracking down, that path became much less clear.
While I understand not everyone is looking for an incest game, many of us hold out that it could still happen. Which is why I ask, do you know something the rest of us don't?
I refer you to the OP's FAQ #2. This was never intended as a direct adaptation of JohnCBB's Literotica stories - even while John was still writing the script, it was always the intent to take this in a different direction.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I refer you to the OP's FAQ #2. This was never intended as a direct adaptation of JohnCBB's Literotica stories - even while John was still writing the script, it was always the intent to take this in a different direction.
My point was that it had it's origins in that story, which was a mother-son corruption story. Whatever path you decided from there is fine by me. It's your project. I just think there are a few here that hold out that you will see that path to its completion, and they might be a bit disappointed if you don't. With that said, if it doesn't happen here, there are plenty of other games where it does.

Nothing but respect for your work.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Been ages since I have been on Literotica... I may have to check out.

It seems like John's story was influenced by someone else's stories as well. It's interesting how that works. A George VI writes good stories, influences JohnCBB to write good stories similar, who in turn influences yours. :) Doesn't mean any of these stories are the same thing though.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
And what have you understood, from which photo? What conclusion do you draw?
Still on the A path and has changed his pants from the last scene, but recycled his shirt. :p

That scene could represent anything, but given how chapter 12a ended, my guess is that it's part of the plan to bend Becky to his will. Given that they're at school and this part of the plan would be after the meeting with Ashley he organised with the cops, my guess is that he was seen in public with her as planned and this pic is Parker explaining that he's actually a player and not Becky's boyfriend..

• Haha
Reactions: 189m78g and Panos24

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
And what have you understood, from which photo? What conclusion do you draw?
Still on the A path
Actually, based on the previous teaser image, I don't think we're on the A path. Remember that it was the clerk from the store hugging Parker? I'm betting that's "joy over the cops getting theirs," and that Rich is finishing off the B path with this next release. (Maybe clearing the decks so he can then focus on the A path.)

So, this could be "Parker is back at regular school instead of being in the ALC any more."

and has changed his pants from the last scene, but recycled his shirt. :p
Hey, I give credit to Rich for the fact that his characters do change their clothes regularly. How many games do you see where every character wears the same outfit day after day through the whole game?

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes