3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Wow, congrats this is one of the most reasonable responses I've seen on this forum to criticism to a game, props on that.
Thank you. Mind you, I HAVE had (regrettable) moments when I lashed out at people here. But (on my more reasonable days) I'm fully aware of the shortcomings in this project. (They are many - this is just, perhaps, the most egregious.)

It _is_ worth pointing out two things. (I've mentioned these before.)
  1. This _is_ set before everybody was carrying around a video camera in their pocket. So, at least a tiny bit harder to hold cops accountable.
  2. I'm substantially older than most of the people here ("child of Eisenhower") and spent a significant portion of my childhood in the South. So, the idea that cops could do shit in broad daylight and get away with it may not be as foreign to me as to others. That's not a defense of that scene, merely a fact. I'm quite aware of the fact that most of the people here have grown up in entirely different eras in which police intimidation of towns, etc., is a far rarer thing.
I _have_ considered going back and reworking that scene. And perhaps I still might someday. But, for the moment, I've felt that my time is better spent moving things forward as opposed to "remastering" the existing "stuff."

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Thank you. Mind you, I HAVE had (regrettable) moments when I lashed out at people here. But (on my more reasonable days) I'm fully aware of the shortcomings in this project. (They are many - this is just, perhaps, the most egregious.)

It _is_ worth pointing out two things. (I've mentioned these before.)
  1. This _is_ set before everybody was carrying around a video camera in their pocket. So, at least a tiny bit harder to hold cops accountable.
  2. I'm substantially older than most of the people here ("child of Eisenhower") and spent a significant portion of my childhood in the South. So, the idea that cops could do shit in broad daylight and get away with it may not be as foreign to me as to others. That's not a defense of that scene, merely a fact. I'm quite aware of the fact that most of the people here have grown up in entirely different eras in which police intimidation of towns, etc., is a far rarer thing.
I _have_ considered going back and reworking that scene. And perhaps I still might someday. But, for the moment, I've felt that my time is better spent moving things forward as opposed to "remastering" the existing "stuff."
Shit, Eisenhower? What you doing here old man? Lol, with that said I'm also from the south, born and raised I know what you're saying. I've had to deal with bullshit cops on more than one occasion, but to be fair being from the south, especially the rural south we also have a stronger community bonds. Where is the community watched cops do that, they wouldn't just sit and watch.

That and we also tend to be pro 2a so yea lmao.

With that said that was really the only scene I had a issue with, I did skim through the great of the game before I ever posted here but from what I saw majority was more grounded, user to what I was expecting. Even though I laugh at the fact when the cops tried the recruit the dude, he didn't bother to try to get his hands on a tape recorder and pretend to play along l. Anyways, keep at it good air.

Jordan102

Jul 29, 2022
So... pure vanila ending?

MC didn't fuck anyone but Becky, basically.

Becky wasn't fucked by anyone but MC

Cops got jailed out of the blue.

NTR did not happen.

No MC/Melissa sex, no mother/MC sex.

I hope there are people who liked it, I guess. It seems like a waste of every single plotline introduced to the game.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Family, Friends And Strangers v2022.07.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes