Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I've tried going back a ways to find the answer, but somehow, I'm the only one with this problem. For me, the story ends at chapter 12a. Chapters 10b, 11b, 12b, 13b, and epilogue B are all greyed out, and not available to play...so basically the last 5 updates are not playable.
Prologue through chapter 12a all have green checkmarks, and completed...what is it that's needed to continue the story and play the updates????

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I've tried going back a ways to find the answer, but somehow, I'm the only one with this problem. For me, the story ends at chapter 12a. Chapters 10b, 11b, 12b, 13b, and epilogue B are all greyed out, and not available to play...so basically the last 5 updates are not playable.
Prologue through chapter 12a all have green checkmarks, and completed...what is it that's needed to continue the story and play the updates????
You need to go back to the end of chapter 9 I think it is. Then choose the other of the 2 options you're given.

EDIT: Here it is
choices.png
Choose "Fuck you!" to open the other path.

Reactions: Jstforme

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
You need to go back to the end of chapter 9 I think it is. Then choose the other of the 2 options you're given.
Choose "Fuck you!" to open the other path.
Thanks for that. I should have guessed that joining the cops to be a scumbag blackmailer like them would be morally wrong:rolleyes:, therefor not a path that'll get fleshed out.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for that. I should have guessed that joining the cops to be a scumbag blackmailer like them would be morally wrong:rolleyes:, therefor not a path that'll get fleshed out.
I think they're doing that as well.

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Shame this doesn't have better animations bc the bad ones are a turn off for me.Let's hope for a good bad ending.
Gee, I don't think the animations are bad in this. With the exception of the Melanie-Chris scene, at least they're not the same half dozen animations that everybody else uses...

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Waiting eagerly for Path A... Any idea how long it might take for the dev to finish it up?
See FAQ item #3 in the OP.

Has he given an indication he won't? A clear answer would solve this problem, I think. Of course if a dev is benefitting from people's expectations it might be more useful to keep them hoping.
See FAQ item #4 in the OP.

Karkour

Apr 13, 2021
Hey Rich love you work ,
Can we have a path in the future were the mc doesn't stand infornt the bully or his girlfriend that was bullying the mc crush or do it poorly and maybe the bully is the one that work with police to torment the mc More by fucking his mom and tarp his girlfriend (crush)?

I hope i didn't get you lost i don't remember there names but i can get them if its unclear

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Hey Rich love you work ,
Can we have a path in the future were the mc doesn't stand infornt the bully or his girlfriend that was bullying the mc crush or do it poorly and maybe the bully is the one that work with police to torment the mc More by fucking his mom and tarp his girlfriend (crush)?

I hope i didn't get you lost i don't remember there names but i can get them if its unclear
You'd have a LOT better chance of influencing him if you were one of his patrons or subscribers. Oh, "can't afford it?":rolleyes: But you still feel you can ask him to put in months of work to create you your own preferred story line?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
You'd have a LOT better chance of influencing him if you were one of his patrons or subscribers. Oh, "can't afford it?":rolleyes: But you still feel you can ask him to put in months of work to create you your own preferred story line?
I seen nothing wrong with anyone making a suggestion, pay or no pay. It may be an idea the dev likes, it may not, so what?! He was respectful. Quit being so miserable.

Karkour

Apr 13, 2021
I am not asking him Iam helping him with ideas
Since "i can't afford it" and still want to help the project by discussing its future
and iam not promoting him to hold the current story line for it I said "in the future" so why are you bothered ?

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes