Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Teaser Image
"I'm overdue in posting this, for which I apologize.
As a sneak peek: the upcoming "FF&S: Scenes That Didn't Happen" will have a "How Melissa Met Tom" episode. Here's your teaser image":
View attachment 2056030
For me, this story was always about the mom, Melissa, and her relationship with the MC. But that took a sudden detour off a cliff. If this is about how she met her affair partner, I'm sadly not interested.

Jordan102

Jul 29, 2022
For me, this story was always about the mom, Melissa, and her relationship with the MC. But that took a sudden detour off a cliff. If this is about how she met her affair partner, I'm sadly not interested.

Honestly, yeh. But not necessarily Melissa - his GF and Sister had interesting enough storylines. I guess patrons like it? At least I hope they do.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Honestly, yeh. But not necessarily Melissa - his GF and Sister had interesting enough storylines. I guess patrons like it? At least I hope they do.
I suspect it is more about John not wanting to deal with Patreon and their censorship.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
He is not even on Patreon. He stopped updating his page two years ago. Not sure why, with all new content being nowhere near close any prohibited content.
Not sure. I do know that some people can't do SS, and his Patreon is still active.

Last edited:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
He is not even on Patreon. He stopped updating his page two years ago. Not sure why, with all new content being nowhere near close any prohibited content.
Not sure. I do know that some people can't do SS, and his Patreon is still active.
In answer to Jordan102, "back when" I went through multiple cycles of people (apparently) reporting me to Patreon, them suspending me, and me having to argue my way out of the suspension. In all of that time and all those iterations, there was exactly one render that the Patreon people (weakly) objected to, but that didn't stop the cycle that some group of haters were putting me through. I don't hold it against Patreon - if someone makes a report (valid or otherwise), they have to take action to cover their own assettes. But, after a while, it just got to be more trouble than it was worth, so I "jumped ship."

clowns234 - I'm fully aware that transferring to SS cost me a significant number of patrons. Actually, more followed me to SS than I expected. (If any readers are one of those, thank you from the bottom of my heart!) But I'm doing this for the love of it, not for the money. Oh, I don't object to the money, but that's not the primary reason I'm in this. It's a creative outlet.

Is the scene that didn’t happen update going to focus on only one scenerio or multiple ones?
Maverick369 - STDH is going to give me a platform to toss out all sorts of content. I've already identified a fair list of things that I may address with it. Even once I finally manage to wrap up FF&S, I'll be able to use it to continue to crank out content in the "FF&S World" that aren't part of the "canonical story."

Without revealing too much beyond what was posted above, the initial release of STDH will have two vignettes that are completely unrelated.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.... Mwah hah hah hah...

Translation: STDH might "un-detour" things from your point of view. We'll have to see.

SPARDA2408

Jan 28, 2019
New post:
Scenes That Didn't Happen - An Explanation

"So, I thought some explanations might be in order after I posed that Teaser Image.

About a month ago, I passed the fourth anniversary of the start of FF&S. (The first "production" renders were made in August 2018. I'm not counting the "concept renders" that I did trying to work out the various characters - that would take me back to June 2018.) With the exception of some intervals in which I had serious family issues to deal with, I've been working on it in some fashion (writing, rendering, coding) almost every night. That's a very, very long slog, yet I still find myself getting "the guilts" if I take a night off.

Recently, however, I realized that I was hitting a bit of a wall. I managed to finish up the "b" path, but the "a" path was resisting being pulled out into the sunshine. I decided I needed a break. However, to just drop everything for a month or two didn't feel fair to you people who have been kind enough to subscribe. So, "Scenes That Didn't Happen" (STDH) is kind of the solution to that problem.

During the time I've been developing FF&S, I obviously had to make choices as to how some scenes would evolve, and also which scenes to include in the project and which to exclude. In the case of the latter, some of them were kind of outside the scope of the main story. In the case of the former, I had a particular story I wanted to tell, yet many of you were itching for things to progress in different directions than the ones I chose. (I won't enumerate the requests - you know what you've asked for.)

STDH is kind of my solution to all of the above.

1. With STDH, I can write scenes or mini-stories that are in the "FF&S World," but which didn't fit into "FF&S proper" somehow. "How Melissa Met Tom" is an example, in that it tells something that happened before FF&S ever began. JohnCBB (my original partner) and I were trying to fit some of this "back story" in somehow, but never managed to pull it off. (If you go back to the beginning of FF&S, you'll see some of the hints that were dropped right from the start.)
  2. I can take a scene, or a part of the story line, and say "well, what if it had gone this way instead." (Hint: a way to deliver some of the "people baying at the moon for" content without blowing up the main story line as I've always envisioned it.)
  3. It's given my brain a bit of a rest from the "a" path, and helped me get over a severe case of "writer's block." Being able to "interact with my characters" without the constraints of the "story line so far" has helped a lot.
So, if you want, consider it "Fan Fiction in the FF&S World," except that it's being produced by the author, rather than fans.

Now, I know that there will be some of you who will be mortally offended that I'm spending any time on anything other than advancing the "a" path at this point. That's OK. There will be others of you who will "meh" some of the scenes that I choose to include, or to re-imagine, in STDH. That's OK too. If there's one thing that I've learned during the past almost-4-years, it's that you can't please everyone. However, what I will say is that I have in no way ignored all of those "oh, please, please have X do Y" comments that have been made here. I can't promise that I'll address all of them, but STDH will be giving me a vehicle (even after FF&S reaches its conclusion) to address some of those wants and wishes. I've already identified at least 8 different "STDH candidates." Some of those are kind of standalone, others are of the "well, if scene #1 went that way instead, then scene #2 might have gone this way." Still others are "just because I thought it would be fun to..." So, the first STDH, when it is released (no, I'm not giving you dates) will hardly be the last.

In the meantime, however, thank you again for your loyalty and your support. And, if you have an idea for a scene that didn't happen, please feel free to PM me."

Rich

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
New post:
Scenes That Didn't Happen - An Explanation

"So, I thought some explanations might be in order after I posed that Teaser Image.

About a month ago, I passed the fourth anniversary of the start of FF&S. (The first "production" renders were made in August 2018. I'm not counting the "concept renders" that I did trying to work out the various characters - that would take me back to June 2018.) With the exception of some intervals in which I had serious family issues to deal with, I've been working on it in some fashion (writing, rendering, coding) almost every night. That's a very, very long slog, yet I still find myself getting "the guilts" if I take a night off.

Recently, however, I realized that I was hitting a bit of a wall. I managed to finish up the "b" path, but the "a" path was resisting being pulled out into the sunshine. I decided I needed a break. However, to just drop everything for a month or two didn't feel fair to you people who have been kind enough to subscribe. So, "Scenes That Didn't Happen" (STDH) is kind of the solution to that problem.

During the time I've been developing FF&S, I obviously had to make choices as to how some scenes would evolve, and also which scenes to include in the project and which to exclude. In the case of the latter, some of them were kind of outside the scope of the main story. In the case of the former, I had a particular story I wanted to tell, yet many of you were itching for things to progress in different directions than the ones I chose. (I won't enumerate the requests - you know what you've asked for.)

STDH is kind of my solution to all of the above.

1. With STDH, I can write scenes or mini-stories that are in the "FF&S World," but which didn't fit into "FF&S proper" somehow. "How Melissa Met Tom" is an example, in that it tells something that happened before FF&S ever began. JohnCBB (my original partner) and I were trying to fit some of this "back story" in somehow, but never managed to pull it off. (If you go back to the beginning of FF&S, you'll see some of the hints that were dropped right from the start.)
  2. I can take a scene, or a part of the story line, and say "well, what if it had gone this way instead." (Hint: a way to deliver some of the "people baying at the moon for" content without blowing up the main story line as I've always envisioned it.)
  3. It's given my brain a bit of a rest from the "a" path, and helped me get over a severe case of "writer's block." Being able to "interact with my characters" without the constraints of the "story line so far" has helped a lot.
So, if you want, consider it "Fan Fiction in the FF&S World," except that it's being produced by the author, rather than fans.

Now, I know that there will be some of you who will be mortally offended that I'm spending any time on anything other than advancing the "a" path at this point. That's OK. There will be others of you who will "meh" some of the scenes that I choose to include, or to re-imagine, in STDH. That's OK too. If there's one thing that I've learned during the past almost-4-years, it's that you can't please everyone. However, what I will say is that I have in no way ignored all of those "oh, please, please have X do Y" comments that have been made here. I can't promise that I'll address all of them, but STDH will be giving me a vehicle (even after FF&S reaches its conclusion) to address some of those wants and wishes. I've already identified at least 8 different "STDH candidates." Some of those are kind of standalone, others are of the "well, if scene #1 went that way instead, then scene #2 might have gone this way." Still others are "just because I thought it would be fun to..." So, the first STDH, when it is released (no, I'm not giving you dates) will hardly be the last.

In the meantime, however, thank you again for your loyalty and your support. And, if you have an idea for a scene that didn't happen, please feel free to PM me."

Rich
I would like to see that conservative cult teacher have to work at a gloryhole while the cops are fuckin her she’s sucking off her students without her even knowing it

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
This I would also like to see the teacher doing this. while being fucked by the cops and giving some blowjobs to the students lol it would be hot and hilarious :p:ROFLMAO:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Rich, how much content can we expect in the A path?
(y) Good question, I would also like to know.
Well, I admit I'm tempted to create another FAQ item along the same lines as "when is the next update coming." LOL

With the help of AssassinWolf, I think I have the majority of the remaining scenes outlined (albeit in very skeletal form - some are just one-line descriptions). I can guarantee that it will be a minimum of two more chapters (i.e. 13a and 14a). More than that is hard for me to say, because until the writing for each scene is done it's hard to know how much total content is yet. (In terms of lines of text and renders and animations, I mean. And it's the rendering that's the time-killer.) Plus, there are some scene concepts still lurking in my brain that might actually make the cut into the main story, as opposed to being STDH candidates. Suffice it to say that AssassinWolf and I know where things will end, but not yet exactly the route that we'll take to get there.

I know that's very nebulous, but at least it's kind of a lower bound. Did that answer your questions?

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Well, I admit I'm tempted to create another FAQ item along the same lines as "when is the next update coming." LOL

With the help of AssassinWolf, I think I have the majority of the remaining scenes outlined (albeit in very skeletal form - some are just one-line descriptions). I can guarantee that it will be a minimum of two more chapters (i.e. 13a and 14a). More than that is hard for me to say, because until the writing for each scene is done it's hard to know how much total content is yet. (In terms of lines of text and renders and animations, I mean. And it's the rendering that's the time-killer.) Plus, there are some scene concepts still lurking in my brain that might actually make the cut into the main story, as opposed to being STDH candidates. Suffice it to say that AssassinWolf and I know where things will end, but not yet exactly the route that we'll take to get there.

I know that's very nebulous, but at least it's kind of a lower bound. Did that answer your questions?
:D Yes, I really appreciate you answering our questions because it's always good to talk to the Devs about it. Anyway.. I'm looking forward to scenes that await us I wish you all the luck possible in your choices of each scene ;)(y)

Reactions: Kire4th and giqui

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Yes, thank you.
:D Yes, I really appreciate you answering our questions because it's always good to talk to the Devs about it. Anyway.. I'm looking forward to scenes that await us I wish you all the luck possible in your choices of each scene ;)(y)
Thanks to both of you. Please realize that those ugly "don't ask" items in the FAQ weren't because I don't want to communicate with my fans. They are there because:
  1. My ability to deliver things on a fixed, predictable schedule is greatly limited by the vagrancies of my personal and professional life.
  2. My ability to churn out plot on any kind of predictable basis is greatly limited by my near-incompetence as a writer.
Note that AssassinWolf67's willingness to pitch in with me greatly helps with #2. I can't express how much his recent contributions have meant to me, both story-wise and just mentally. His , in case you happen to like some of his writing styles and subjects. (If so, please follow and rate him. It doesn't earn him any $$$, but it's good for his ego. LOL)

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes