Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
That's just... a whole lot of fillers? Cop fucking some random woman, another cop getting romance going, filler cheerleader gets yet another scene. I have no idea where any of this is going or why it's even there, and not in the "random scenes" sub-game.

I hope someone liked it, I guess.

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
Ok, that was a great update. I liked the continuous build up of tension with Becky and the sex scenes were great in context with the story. Really looking forward to where this goes in the end...

bakaseye

Jan 21, 2021
How to fix gallery crash? It shows only several pages and if try to pick another we have game crash

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
That's just... a whole lot of fillers? Cop fucking some random woman, another cop getting romance going, filler cheerleader gets yet another scene. I have no idea where any of this is going or why it's even there, and not in the "random scenes" sub-game.

I hope someone liked it, I guess.
I kinda have to agree I startet this game because I like mc and his redhead gf I tought the game was a ntr game that focus on the cute couple and the downfall of the readhead gf that gets corrupted as a cheerelder and mc slowly loses her but than the game split into a and b route

the b route is just happy ending and the a route is mc turning into a psycopath and cops fuck random women and I was like WHATT???:WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

the game had a great start the mean cheerelder girl and the cute mc and readhead couple and I really tought this is a nice ntr game that focus on the downfall of the readhead gf and was more ntr focused guess I was wrong :(:( but I dont like hoiw this game turned out too but the start was great and the starting cheracters just did not like how the cheracters and mc developt especially cheating/psyco mc

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
There is no subfolder named animations in the game subfolder, meaning that the file /game/animations/animations.rpy shouldn't exist. The original file is /game/animations.rpy
It seems you've patched the game with something and done it in a wrong way, creating duplicate script files. Your problem, not a bug.

Oh, now I get it! In the previous version of the game the animations.rpy file actually was in the game/animations subfolder.

Who told you to overwrite the old version of the game with the new version?! Never-never-ever do that unless the update is released as a patch and not a full release! If you do, ^THIS^ happens sooner or later.

It's a guaranteed way to screw up any game all by yourself.
Sorry but I have not such directory. Mine is a fresh installation. The game is looking for somting wich is in D:\\ like this :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('D:\\renpy\\projects\\FamilyFriendsAndStrangers/game/animations/animations.rpy', 1543545515, 14) is defined twice, at game/animations.rpy:5 and game/images/animations/animations.rpy:115.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Sorry but I have not such directory. Mine is a fresh installation. The game is looking for somting wich is in D:\\ like this :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('D:\\renpy\\projects\\FamilyFriendsAndStrangers/game/animations/animations.rpy', 1543545515, 14) is defined twice, at game/animations.rpy:5 and game/images/animations/animations.rpy:115.
Just making sure that we are talking about Windows OS here, not some Joiplay emulator weirdness on Android?
In case it is Joiplay, I'd guess that the emulator folder is full of old garbage and needs a cleanup. I don't know what Joiplay even looks like, so I believe what Ren'Py says about itself. And scratch everything that follows, since it's for Windows only.

In case it is Windows:
There is something more weird about this error message. While game/images/animations/animations.rpy could be a leftover from the previous version of the game, /game/animations/animations.rpy mentioned first shouldn't even exist in either of the game versions, neither the previous nor the new one. The new is just /game/animations.rpy that is mentioned as the second copy of the file.

And I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you about the fresh installation before I see at least the contents of your game subfolder, since Ren'Py has a nasty habit of telling the truth and the game seems to be working just fine for me and everyone else, having just one animations.rpy file in the game subfolder.

Open the folder where you extracted the game, the one with the game launcher exe-file, open the subfolder named 'game' and make a screenshot of the folder window (use the snipping tool in windows for example). Attach the screenshot to your next message.

Last edited:

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
Just making sure that we are talking about Windows OS here, not some Joiplay emulator weirdness on Android?
In case it is Joiplay, I'd guess that the emulator folder is full of old garbage and needs a cleanup. I don't know what Joiplay even looks like, so I believe what Ren'Py says about itself. And scratch everything that follows, since it's for Windows only.

In case it is Windows:
There is something more weird about this error message. While game/images/animations/animations.rpy could be a leftover from the previous version of the game, /game/animations/animations.rpy mentioned first shouldn't even exist in either of the game versions, neither the previous nor the new one. The new is just /game/animations.rpy that is mentioned as the second copy of the file.

And I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you about the fresh installation before I see at least the contents of your game subfolder, since Ren'Py has a nasty habit of telling the truth and the game seems to be working just fine for me and everyone else, having just one animations.rpy file in the game subfolder.

Open the folder where you extracted the game, the one with the game launcher exe-file, open the subfolder named 'game' and make a screenshot of the folder window (use the snipping tool in windows for example). Attach the screenshot to your next message.
1694341335727.png

1694341380076.png

I used unren to understand the path the game was looking for but I found nothing.
I have windows 11 64 and I downloaded the file from the F95 OP.
The previous version worked fine, then I deleted everything leaving only the save directory and unzipped the new file.
The game starts but just before showing the Main it gives the error

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Its probably teenager logic, but we (as students in laboratory portion of said science classes) did genetic experiments in both botany (wrinkled and smooth beans for example )and biology predict an outcome based on parents through generations.... Blue eyes is recessive trait, and brown eyes are dominant, however there are two genes one from each parent, and the father in the story case may have both genes. If the mother had both blue eyed parents, she could still produce brown eyes and blue eyed children. Gray, eyes, and chromatic eyes are a whole new bailiwick. Grafting, back in the day real science not social science was the thing to learn.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
I have questions about two path is mc steal the girl or does he watch?
I don't know what ya mean, there are two paths indeed, Dark path which i think is the longest and involves helping those 2 cops and the light sided where you don't help them and try to be the good guy. But the rest i'm not going to spoil you have to see for yourself.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes