Family, Friends and Strangers [v2023.08] [JohnAndRich]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

-

Mac:

-

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
still no mc rename option.. im all for 'owning your IP' but come on let others have tht immersion choice

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
until you play it and start complaining about what you don't like.
Did I call it, or did I call it? First two posts.

still no mc rename option.. im all for 'owning your IP' but come on let others have tht immersion choice
No. None of the people that actually support the story have ever asked for this, and I don't intend to add it. When you check a novel out from the library (assuming you've actually ever done this) to you get the option to rename the characters?

hmmm ... no incest? interesting none the less ;)
No. And what makes you think that there was going to be? The simple fact that the word "Family" appears in the title? Guess you better start notifying the writers . I don't suppose you bothered looking at the tags, either.

I'm sorry folks. I try to do a nice thing by offering the project up myself (instead of making you wait for one of my supporters to post it) and this is what I'm greeted with in less than two hours. Sigh.

(To all the people that "liked" the post, you're exempt from the above whinging.)

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of Family, Friends And Strangers v2023.08a.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 28.12.2023 (v2023.08a)

Rich, if you use new names for images and movies, you'll also need to update their use in the gallery and their "seen" status.

Last edited:

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('D:\\renpy\\projects\\FamilyFriendsAndStrangers/game/animations/animations.rpy', 1543545515, 14) is defined twice, at game/animations.rpy:5 and game/images/animations/animations.rpy:115.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 501, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('D:\\renpy\\projects\\FamilyFriendsAndStrangers/game/animations/animations.rpy', 1543545515, 14) is defined twice, at game/animations.rpy:5 and game/images/animations/animations.rpy:115.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707

Sat Sep 9 02:33:35 2023

skullington

May 12, 2017
No. And what makes you think that there was going to be? The simple fact that the word "Family" appears in the title? Guess you better start notifying the writers . I don't suppose you bothered looking at the tags, either.
Haven't played this in a while so i don't remember some of the paths. But you could do a blackmail path where the cops make him do his mom in the interrogation room while she is masked and gagged so he doesn't know he did until they show him the video and then he is forced to work with the cops. That is assuming if you wanted to.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "F:\Family Friends and Strangers\renpy\script.py", line 501, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707

Sat Sep 9 02:33:35 2023
There is no subfolder named animations in the game subfolder, meaning that the file /game/animations/animations.rpy shouldn't exist. The original file is /game/animations.rpy
It seems you've patched the game with something and done it in a wrong way, creating duplicate script files. Your problem, not a bug.

Oh, now I get it! In the previous version of the game the animations.rpy file actually was in the game/animations subfolder.

Who told you to overwrite the old version of the game with the new version?! Never-never-ever do that unless the update is released as a patch and not a full release! If you do, ^THIS^ happens sooner or later.

It's a guaranteed way to screw up any game all by yourself.

Last edited:

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Did I call it, or did I call it? First two posts.

No. None of the people that actually support the story have ever asked for this, and I don't intend to add it. When you check a novel out from the library (assuming you've actually ever done this) to you get the option to rename the characters?

I'm sorry folks. I try to do a nice thing by offering the project up myself (instead of making you wait for one of my supporters to post it) and this is what I'm greeted with in less than two hours. Sigh.

(To all the people that "liked" the post, you're exempt from the above whinging.)
You do a great job man, there will always people complaining because they want more, it human nature to wanting always more then they actualy get, people should finaly start learning to be happy with what they have and get offered. And people here surely shouldn't always complain if they not support you.

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
That's just... a whole lot of fillers? Cop fucking some random woman, another cop getting romance going, filler cheerleader gets yet another scene. I have no idea where any of this is going or why it's even there, and not in the "random scenes" sub-game.

I hope someone liked it, I guess.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes