3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Rich do you have in mind about in how many episodes the story will complete?
It's going to take at least two more chapters to get to the end of the "a" path. Whether it's two or three depends, to some extent, on how much I put into the next chapter. The story is all outlined through the end, it's just a question of fleshing out details and such.

Also, there will be a sexual scene in future between Melissa-Parker
Praying the son turns his sights on his Momma...praying XD
One wonders why authors bother maintaining the list of tags on the thread, when nobody seems to read them. Or notice the absence of certain tags.

A waste of time you can't s
SAVE mum or bang her
Parker "saved" her in the "b" path. As to the other, see the above.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
It's going to take at least two more chapters to get to the end of the "a" path. Whether it's two or three depends, to some extent, on how much I put into the next chapter. The story is all outlined through the end, it's just a question of fleshing out details and such.
Thanks for the info. I honestly have to admit that I thought the story would probably last a little longer (maybe 4 or 5 chapters).

By the way, in any of these final chapters will we see any new divergence, creating hypothetical routes that we could call A1 and A2? You don't have to answer but I think it would be a good surprise for your fans to see two different outcomes of route A based on a future choice.

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. I honestly have to admit that I thought the story would probably last a little longer (maybe 4 or 5 chapters).
I understand the desire to see more. Yes, I could probably string this out for a few extra chapters by adding content that wasn't really mainline to the story that I've been trying to tell, but (to me) that would feel like I was trying to leech off my supporters. Basically, I had a story to tell (well, two of them) and so I'm telling it (them) and then wrapping things up rather than stretching it ad infinitum.

That being said, I have Scenes That Didn't Happen as a "secondary" project. I'm using that as a vehicle for content that I think my supporters would like, but which I can't (in good conscience) shoehorn into the main story. I have a reasonable backlog for that project. In addition, I've been pondering some other possibilities within the same environment.

So, the end of FF&S won't necessarily be the end of "Parker's World," if you know what I mean.

Plus, if I decide to commit to it, I have an entirely different story line I may tackle.

Basically, you're not getting rid of me that easily.... :D

dudeipoop

Sep 17, 2022
I understand the desire to see more. Yes, I could probably string this out for a few extra chapters by adding content that wasn't really mainline to the story that I've been trying to tell, but (to me) that would feel like I was trying to leech off my supporters. Basically, I had a story to tell (well, two of them) and so I'm telling it (them) and then wrapping things up rather than stretching it ad infinitum.

That being said, I have Scenes That Didn't Happen as a "secondary" project. I'm using that as a vehicle for content that I think my supporters would like, but which I can't (in good conscience) shoehorn into the main story. I have a reasonable backlog for that project. In addition, I've been pondering some other possibilities within the same environment.

So, the end of FF&S won't necessarily be the end of "Parker's World," if you know what I mean.

Plus, if I decide to commit to it, I have an entirely different story line I may tackle.

Basically, you're not getting rid of me that easily.... :D
Sorry if i missed a message but when do you plan on releasing the next update?

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
One wonders why authors bother maintaining the list of tags on the thread, when nobody seems to read them. Or notice the absence of certain tags.
Sure, but the original Literotica story DID have those tags. I realize this story is loosely based off that and has writers/developers own ideas...didn't know which direction things were headed. If incest is not part of the future plan I will be kind of disappointed tbh. Yes there are tons of stories/games out there with that content but I've taken a liking to this game and content.

Oh well

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
What an awesome game, Rich!!

I took a look at Patreon and Subcribestar. It seems that at both places the last post was 2 years ago. (my mistake)
Do you still use these websites? If so, do you prefer one of them to get a new subscriber?

Last edited:

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Hello, I wanted to say that it is very, very unfair that all games are translated into different languages except Persian! Is Persian language not considered? And please don't tell me to make it yourself, I have neither the knowledge nor the position.
I understand your pain, but it just impossible to translate every game in every possible language out there, so they mostly translate only in their native language and often english, I'm myself not even bothered with it as my english is ok and I'm native dutch speaking.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Curious. I haven't had complaints from others - not that me saying that helps you any. Unfortunately, my Android tablet died and I haven't replaced it, so I don't have a good way to test that IRL.

Apologies.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Bgguyy1

Sep 15, 2022
Curious. I haven't had complaints from others - not that me saying that helps you any. Unfortunately, my Android tablet died and I haven't replaced it, so I don't have a good way to test that IRL.

Apologies.
Thanks I'm trying reinstalling to see if that fixes the problem

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hello, I wanted to say that it is very, very unfair that all games are translated into different languages except Persian! Is Persian language not considered? And please don't tell me to make it yourself, I have neither the knowledge nor the position.
S.t.s - This response is not to belittle your plight, just to offer a few observations from a developer's perspective.
  1. In general, including translations in a game significantly increases the complexity of the development. Take FF&S, for example. I am frequently fiddling with the text right down to the point where I'm ready to release it, because frequently I find that the dialog or text I wrote is hard to express in an image, or I come up with a better image and so adapt the text to the image or image sequence. Unless the dev is bilingual, this then means sending the game off to someone else who is, and who also does have the knowledge as to how to perform the translation, then reassembling the translations into the game before publishing it. This increases the development cycle, unless the dev is willing to have the "version with translations" significantly lag the "version in the dev's native language."
  2. There are devs who do release multi-lingual games. From the ones I've investigated, it's most often "I write it in my native language and then also include English." Not always, but very common. It is my personal opinion that they do this to broaden the appeal of the game - to increase the number of people who would play it. Thus, to some extent, the choice of "do I translate into Language X or not" is going to be highly dependent on "how many additional people will doing that get me as subscribers, and is it worth the effort"
  3. Doing AI translations is theoretically possible, but I strongly suspect that the result could be stilted and non-idiomatic. It's already challenging for someone who's bilingual to translate colloquial expressions into another language. I've seen laughable stories of what happens of you take an expression in English, use AI to translate it into another language and then use that same AI to translate it back. (There's a classic story about round-tripping "out of sight, out of mind" and getting back "blind idiot." Whether true or not, I don't know.)
  4. Persian, in particular, poses additional challenges. First, many standard fonts don't include the required characters, so that adds to the technical challenge. Second, as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) Persian is written in a variant of the Arabic alphabet, and is written and read right-to-left. While Ren'py does have some support right-to-left text, done properly this could require an entirely different layout of the game, since many things should, in theory, be mirror imaged when you switched into Persian. While theoretically possible, this is very technically challenging, and perhaps beyond the technical capability of a great many devs. (I certainly don't know, off the top of my head, how to do it. Ren'py screen variants, perhaps.)
So, in summary, a big reason many games aren't translated at all, let alone to Persian, can be summarized in your last sentence - to do it, you have to find someone who's sufficiently bilingual to do a good job of it, and who also has the technical knowledge as to how to do it. There just aren't a ton of people who have both those skills.

If there are people out there who have the language skills to translate games but not the technical knowledge, there are people such as me who would be more than willing to teach them the technical parts. Ren'py, in particular, has a well-established system for translations, and one doesn't have to have programming skills to use it. The dev generates a set of files for you, and the translator then goes through them in and edits them. With that knowledge, someone could then theoretically be in a position to contribute translations to the population here, either by working directly with devs or "freelance."

Also, please understand, S.t.s , that I'm not in any way trying to put you on the spot by writing the above. That was a legitimate offer to the world at large for any game, not for mine.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Apologies.
Hmmm... I may have to grab a tablet sometime.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
did that, i know there are ntr contents, just wondering if it is the 'main' part of this game. can't miss out a good game cuz there's only some ntr stuff in it
NTR is not a focus of this project. There were great arguments early in its life as to whether one or two items that were shown qualified as NTR. I didn't think they did, but, of course, I knew where things were going at the time and others didn't - they were leaping to conclusions. The tag got applied and removed a couple of times during the arguments, and I just eventually said "the heck with it" and left it be. Frankly, in some respects, it's easier to have it, because it tamps down on the people that scream if they see anything vaguely in that... whatever.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes