Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

mullins

Jan 3, 2021
As long as we have a little time between updates and the door has been opened for alternate versions of Melissa...

I really love the look Rich has given Melissa...she looks luscious. But before Rich began the series I illustrated John's original story being as true to it as I could, with John's encouragement. That work went away when the site it was on folded, and since I do not have John's permission to repost his story it must remain exiled to my hard drive. But here is a scene from that story with my version of Melissa at that time.

"What the boys saw!"

cm2.png

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
As long as we have a little time between updates and the door has been opened for alternate versions of Melissa...

I really love the look Rich has given Melissa...she looks luscious. But before Rich began the series I illustrated John's original story being as true to it as I could, with John's encouragement. That work went away when the site it was on folded, and since I do not have John's permission to repost his story it must remain exiled to my hard drive. But here is a scene from that story with my version of Melissa at that time.

"What the boys saw!"

View attachment 3158535
Cool. Out of curiosity, would you like me to see if I can put JohnCBB in touch with you so you could get permission to post it? I'm in touch with him off and on. Might make for an interesting "comic format" project or something similar if you didn't want to go the VN route.

Reactions: SPARDA2408

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Hmmm. Might look a bit like her at a younger age...
Yeah, I may have to give up on this as I enjoy creating new characters too much. ;) I mess with skins, different head and body shapes, then go to town adjusting every other aspect of their body until I have something different. And I totally forget what I was originally doing. LMAO

mullins

Jan 3, 2021
Cool. Out of curiosity, would you like me to see if I can put JohnCBB in touch with you so you could get permission to post it? I'm in touch with him off and on. Might make for an interesting "comic format" project or something similar if you didn't want to go the VN route.
That would be great, Rich, and if he gives permission, I would want to get permission to continue his story that I came up with at the time showing what happened to the players afterwards. John did see that but it was not consistent with his idea of where it should go so I never posted it, although I had a lot of fun doing the story and the images. That John was willing to have the story completely changed from his original to your present epic makes me think he might have no objections now.

Now here's another teaser from the original story.
cm1a.png

oktabitt

Dec 29, 2021
o get permission to continue his story that I came up with at the time showing what happened to the players afterwards. John did see that but it was not consistent with his idea of where it should go so I never posted it, although I had a lot of fun doing the story and the images. That John was willing to have the story completely changed from his original to your pr
That would be great, Rich, and if he gives permission, I would want to get permission to continue his story that I came up with at the time showing what happened to the players afterwards. John did see that but it was not consistent with his idea of where it should go so I never posted it, although I had a lot of fun doing the story and the images. That John was willing to have the story completely changed from his original to your present epic makes me think he might have no objections now.

Now here's another teaser from the original story.
View attachment 3159585

It would nice if this story would share in public.

Reactions: Panos24

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
JohnCBB's original story, on which FF&S is (very) loosely based, was called "Mom and the Police Officer" and was posted on Literotica.
I downloaded and read that. Interesting story, but your story goes way beyond what it had. I like what you have done. His was very short and felt like it ended rather abruptly, compared to yours.

mullins

Jan 3, 2021
I downloaded and read that. Interesting story, but your story goes way beyond what it had. I like what you have done. His was very short and felt like it ended rather abruptly, compared to yours.
It is almost like these are two different stories. In the original, Parker is quite a jerk, shallow, and driven by his carnal desires seemingly unhindered by any morals or concern about Melissa. Rich has given the characters depth...especially Parker and Carl, and Parker is a much better person than in the original(he is at least conflicted when it comes to how he reacts to the situation). And the revised story brings in a lot of additional characters and side stories to flesh out the tale.
I found the original ending abrupt as well, and that prompted me to write a continuation in which there is a resolution with the evil cops and there is at least the prospect of a better relationship between Parker and Melissa.
John's original story was the first I ever attempted to illustrate so it has a special place for me even though I have gone on to do several other stories from scratch since then.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
While I don't know this for a fact, my sense is that JohnCBB never really "finished" the story. I think he got sidetracked and didn't come back to it.

It is almost like these are two different stories.
Even though JohnCBB wrote the first four chapters of this project, this one was never intended to be identical to the original story. I've had to emphasize this a number of times through the thread, and include it in the FAQ. It's essentially a "based on" or "inspired by" bit. That was always the goal from the beginning.

In addition, the Parker-and-Becky arc wasn't really John - early on, he was directing the Melissa/Cop arc and I was directing the Parker/Becky one, even though John did most of the actual writing to keep the tone, grammar, etc. consistent.

Rich has given the characters depth...especially Parker and Carl, and Parker is a much better person than in the original(he is at least conflicted when it comes to how he reacts to the situation). And the revised story brings in a lot of additional characters and side stories to flesh out the tale.
Thank you. I take all of that as an enormous compliment, since writing is much harder for me than the rendering or the programming. I greatly envy the devs or Literotica authors that can bang out pages and pages of dialog without batting an eye.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Where is John CBB publishing his work now?
To be frank, I'm not sure John is actually doing any writing right now. If I find out otherwise, I'll let you know.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
So, mullins and Night Hacker got me thinking about "younger Melissa." So, I decided to play around with her (so to speak) a bit. Here's what I came up with:

View attachment 3182623

She might appear in an STDH story. We'll see.
Sounds interesting. I spend most of my time in Daz just messing around with creating new characters... for no reason at all. LOL

A story, like a prequil, or even just a memory she has of some important event could be interesting.

Cute character in any event. (y)

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes