Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for stopping by. Good luck in finding a story that's less ridiculous to you.
LMAO... perfect answer. :LOL: (y)

And in your defense. I was arrested and convicted, twice, for crimes I did not commit. No seriously, quit laughing, I really didn't. Anyhow, while in the backseat of one police cruiser, they seen a guy with an open bottle of booze, so they pulled over, and let him off the charges IF he poured the booze out on to his nice shoes (no lie, that happened), so the guy did. The cop got back into the car, and the two started laughing saying "did he really do that?!" and the other goes "yup!". Then there was when I was in a holding cell, waiting the phony trial, when a guy in the cell with me had a record as long as a toilet paper roll (but was otherwise a great guy, everyone I met in jail was) when a cop came up to the cell and the two knew each other. They were about the same age and I guess the guy in the cell and the cop, both broke into a school at night when they were younger. He got caught, the cop who is his friend, got away. That was the only difference. Then there were the cops who confiscated weed from people and smoked it with them etc... etc... etc... truth is MUCH stranger than fiction.

I met a guy who committed armed robbery in jail who I would trust more than a cop. He was a nice guy who was desperate, felt bad, turned himself in etc. So... long story short, your story is not as ridiculous as some may think. I think people have a very rosy view of our society that doesn't even come close to reality.

Last edited:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
wow be more of a jerk. Maybe give constructive information about WHY you thought the story is ridiculous. Also a lot more people seem to like this game then don't including myself so go F yourself.
While I appreciate your defense of FF&S (and, indirectly, me), please don't personally insult others here. I don't want this thread devolving into a collection of flame wars. My skin has thickened significantly since I started this project. :D

So... long story short, your story is not as ridiculous as some may think. I think people have a very rosy view of our society that doesn't even come close to reality.
I will freely admit that, if I had to do things over again, I would have advised JohnCBB against going quite so far in that "search in front of the school" scene. It's easily the one that people have the most "oh, come on" reactions to. And, in today's world, where everybody has a video camera in their pocket, that makes a modicum of sense. That's one of the reasons the story is set when it is. (There are a few clues in the story as to its exact year, but it's "pre-iPhone.")

And, as I've said several times before, I spent a good chunk of my childhood in the pre-MLK American South, which colored my view of what some cops - and some people - will do if/when they can get away with it. Oh, 99.9% of the cops you'll run into are awesome individuals who are devoted to doing the right thing, but there is still that 0.1%. (The biggest bully in my high school class ended up becoming a cop. I have zero evidence of any misdeeds by him, but he always struck me as the kind that could turn into "a Bill.")

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
While I appreciate your defense of FF&S (and, indirectly, me), please don't personally insult others here. I don't want this thread devolving into a collection of flame wars. My skin has thickened significantly since I started this project. :D

I will freely admit that, if I had to do things over again, I would have advised JohnCBB against going quite so far in that "search in front of the school" scene. It's easily the one that people have the most "oh, come on" reactions to. And, in today's world, where everybody has a video camera in their pocket, that makes a modicum of sense. That's one of the reasons the story is set when it is. (There are a few clues in the story as to its exact year, but it's "pre-iPhone.")

And, as I've said several times before, I spent a good chunk of my childhood in the pre-MLK American South, which colored my view of what some cops - and some people - will do if/when they can get away with it. Oh, 99.9% of the cops you'll run into are awesome individuals who are devoted to doing the right thing, but there is still that 0.1%. (The biggest bully in my high school class ended up becoming a cop. I have zero evidence of any misdeeds by him, but he always struck me as the kind that could turn into "a Bill.")
Yeah, that was a tad over the top but... I don't expect a whole lot of reality in fiction or I would have never watched the Planet of the Apes series again (which I did on my VCR recently and loved it, could be an adult VN in that! :LOL:)

oktabitt

Dec 29, 2021
Rich, as we know you don't announce the date of your next release, but could you tell us if will be before the new year?

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
FamilyFriendsAndStrangers-2023.08a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Panos24

mahmouedsamy

Feb 16, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While compiling python block starting at line 5 of game/animations.rpy.
Exception: Could not load file /storage/emulated/0/Download/F.F.S/game/chapter0.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 801, in load_appropriate_file
Exception: Could not load file /storage/emulated/0/Download/F.F.S/game/chapter0.rpyc.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While compiling python block starting at line 5 of game/animations.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 801, in load_appropriate_file
You're pretty sparse on the details, making it hard for me to help you. But...

Based on the path, that looks you're running in an Android environment. However, my Android build doesn't have a path like that in it. The corresponding file in my official Android build is in the assets/x-game directory, and is named x-chapter0.rpyc.

This leads me to guess that you got an APK prepared by someone other than me. If that's the case, well, I'm not responsible for any issues with non-official builds.

If my guesses above aren't correct, well, then you're going to have to tell me what build you're running, what kind of environment you're running it in. Plus, where you got the build from would be rather useful.

Sorry I can't help you more, but you've given me almost zero information to go on.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020

Based on the path, that looks you're running in an Android environment. However, my Android build doesn't have a path like that in it. The corresponding file in my official Android build is in the assets/x-game directory, and is named x-chapter0.rpyc.

This leads me to guess that you got an APK prepared by someone other than me. If that's the case, well, I'm not responsible for any issues with non-official builds.

If my guesses above aren't correct, well, then you're going to have to tell me what build you're running, what kind of environment you're running it in. Plus, where you got the build from would be rather useful.

Sorry I can't help you more, but you've given me almost zero information to go on.
I think you were pretty generous helping at all with how little information they gave especially if they have a build done by someone else. I won't be rude and say what I think of such a person but "cough cough insert insult here cough cough cough."

• Haha
Reactions: Kire4th

mahmouedsamy

Feb 16, 2018

No I'm using the official game but with joiplay not android port
I downloaded the crunch version of the game from this page and I'm trying to run it with joiplay I do this with big size games and it always work

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
No I'm using the official game but with joiplay not android port
I downloaded the crunch version of the game from this page and I'm trying to run it with joiplay I do this with big size games and it always work
The game works on Windows PC's without an error. None of the Windows users have reported such an error.

You are trying to run the Windows version of the game on a system that is not Windows, using an emulator that is not officially supported and you are unable to run it, getting an error message about not being able to compile a Python block in the animations.rpy script file...

Guess where the problem is. :rolleyes:

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes