Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
I love NTR but 6 months is 6 months.

There is more honest devs round Patreon.

C ya in 5, 6 months

(n)
If you were actually a supporter on Patreon, you'd know why the delay happened - it was explained. Calling the dev "dishonest" is pretty harsh, particularly because he was providing regular updates both there and here. How many games have you produced, and what was the update interval for them?

Wow what a great update after 6 months ........ u could have just kept it to yourself instead of releasing it
So, you'd have preferred if the dev had abandoned the project?

People dump all over devs, and then wonder why devs abandon projects. Sheesh!

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
I have one question, can you screw over the stinkin coppa yet? This is going the path of hard ntr if things don't change soon :(

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I have one question, can you screw over the stinkin coppa yet? This is going the path of hard ntr if things don't change soon :(
If your holding out for that ...don't hold your breath. This game is heading for one furiously frustrating ending for guys like you and me. I'm pretty sure the bad cop is always going to win.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Thanks to all of you - I really do appreciate the compliments (even the back-handed ones... LOL)

I actually did another short kinetic piece using the Melissa and Bill characters (no, Bill wasn't an asshole in that one) as a gift for a friend. If I can get permission from the gift-ee, maybe I'll post it to help satisfy a small bit of the "Melissa Lust." LOL
Oh Hell YES!!!! Please!!! I don't think my lust for Melissa can or will ever be fully satiated, So I'll take all I can get.

As to the "kinetic vs game" bit, I completely realize that there are a lot of folks who would rather have seen this as a full-fledged game with choices, etc. When JohnCBB and I decided to set forth on this endeavor, we consciously decided to keep the scope a bit narrow, which is why we chose the kinetic route. You'll obviously understand that writing and coding and rendering for one story line is a lot easier than for the myriad of story lines in a "proper" game. We decided we'd rather do a good job on a single line than a mediocre job on multiple. After all, how many 0.1's have you seen that never made it to 0.2? It's a big undertaking - overwhelming, at times. (Editorial note - whether or not you consider it a good job or not is obviously an "eye of the beholder" thing. As I've said before, the genre isn't for everybody.)

Personally, I've learned a lot in taking this on, and maybe, down the road, I'll attempt something a bit more ambitious. But, for now, I guess you'll just have to be satisfied (or not) with what I manage to produce with a single story line...
The Kinetic aspect has never bothered me (Been a patron from the get go, and will migrate over to subscribestar at the beginning of May) as I would have made the in-game choices that would lead to the outcomes currently written anyway, even if it was choice based.

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
If your holding out for that ...don't hold your breath. This game is heading for one furiously frustrating ending for guys like you and me. I'm pretty sure the bad cop is always going to win.
if the bad cop lay on finger on wrong person it will be their doom, i read a news when a cop want to rape senate daughter

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
if the bad cop lay on finger on wrong person it will be their doom, i read a news when a cop want to rape senate daughter

That will be a dream come true for me in this game...The mother's spirit is already broken, so nothing can save her anymore. But I would love it if the cop makes a mistake and chose the wrong target and gets totally fucked up!

That would bring me enormous satisfaction. But...I'm not holding my breath.

Misbehaving

Dec 20, 2019
Ehh
This game needs a new tag so people can avoid it.
Non player Main Protagonist.

This game plays like a choose your own adventure where you are not the protagonist.

You are on top of a cliff a raging storm is bearing down on you.
You can:
A)Stay ontop of the cliff.
B)Start climbing down the cliff to escape the storm.

You chose A: The storm pushes you off the side of the cliff and you fall.
You chose B: You try to climb down the cliff to escape the storm but your hand slips and you fall.

As you near the ground at deadly speed.
You can:
A)Try to fall feet first attempting to steer away from the jutting edges of the cliff face and survive the impact.
B)Try to grab the jutting rocks and slow your decent.

You chose A: Your Feet impact the ground first shattering and your pelvis is pushed up through your intestines where unlicky for you it stops after it punctured only one lung and an inch from your heart.
You spent the next 36 hours suffering a slow and painful death unable to move or even cry out, as you slowly drown in your own blood.

You chose B: Trying to grab the rocky outcropping tears off your arm and sends you into a spin slamming your body over and over again against the side of the Cliff. Luck is not with you as it succedes in slowing your fall enough that you survive the impact with the ground, a bloodly and broken heap. You spent the next 36 hours suffering a slow and painful death unable to move or even cry out, as you slowly drown in your own blood.

The player is not the main protagonist in this story, the cliff is.

The police officer in Family, Friends and strangers is the main protagonist not the player and the outcome with the story is just as screwed up for the player as my Choose your own adventure Cliff story.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes