Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
You may notice I didn't target the author about the story, I targeted the STORY.
I am glad you are still in school, its obvious you need better education... See thats an example of an Ad hominem attack.
How silly of me to assume that statements like

You have a serious problem with deciding everyone that doesn't like the "game" is ranting about multiple choices.
It seems like you have problems with your own choice in this matter and are projecting.
and

If it wasn't your intention you may want to stop projecting when people are saying they find something they dislike that its because they can't themselves make choices in the story.
as being directed to the story, and not as targeting the author. Or have you taken to using the term "you" when speaking to stories?

Thats called Ad hominem, its what people do when they can't argue facts and so resort to personal attacks.
A perfect description, from my point of view, of what YOU are doing to Rich. Thank you for summing it up so nicely.

Lastly people have a right to express their dislike over a story and/or suggest what they feel are improvements.
The Creator can not very well improve or know if people are taking the story as intended WITHOUT it.
Of course. That is exactly what Spoondadevil23 did. Rich thanked him for his input, and for the fact that it was presented in a constructive manner, and proceeded to explain a bit of his own thinking. And your reaction was to ridicule Rich with a response that was in no way constructively-phrased, and which included personal attacks.

Your assumption that I have never made a game is wrong, I started making mods for games almost 20 years ago and eventually into making games themselves.
I stand corrected. Care to provide some links so that we may provide similar feedback on your creations?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Misbehaving - thank you for your feedback. I understand that there are people that think portions of the plot should (or should have) played out differently. Your point about "suspension of disbelief" in games and stories is quite true. In this case, perhaps it would be appropriate to say that the same concept applies (or should apply) to the actions the various characters take in this story. This is, after all, fiction, and thus not everything has to play out the way it would "in the real world."

L.Lumpy - thanks for your kind words, and for your willingness to come to my defense. (I have pretty thick skin, however.)

At this point, I'm going to ask the two of you to stop the back-and-forth, at least here. You've each had your say, but we (ok, "I") would really prefer it if this thread didn't descend into a flame war.

corxo

Jul 20, 2019
Hello,

I love the story, and I love to think that while the school principal was talking to her, she was enjoying the confiscated photos of Parker's mother's arrest. And what I would most like is that this principal gradually began to enjoy the same privileges as the police, although in his own style ...

Greetings and eager to see the next chapters ...

• Love
Reactions: Davewatch

Misbehaving

Dec 20, 2019
Breaking down a post into separate minute parts is trolling, it should be self evident why.

Saying he was projecting was not attacking him for his story, it was pointing out the fact he took someones post out of context into a line of thinking he has repeatedly fallen into in this thread.

You do not seem able to separate the difference between insult to criticism.
Thats criticism.
If I were to call you stupid, that would be a insult.

Do you know the legal age for signing up to this forum?, you have admitted to being in school and your responses make me believe you are under legal age.

How silly of me to assume that statements like

and

as being directed to the story, and not as targeting the author. Or have you taken to using the term "you" when speaking to stories?

A perfect description, from my point of view, of what YOU are doing to Rich. Thank you for summing it up so nicely.

Of course. That is exactly what Spoondadevil23 did. Rich thanked him for his input, and for the fact that it was presented in a constructive manner, and proceeded to explain a bit of his own thinking. And your reaction was to ridicule Rich with a response that was in no way constructively-phrased, and which included personal attacks.

I stand corrected. Care to provide some links so that we may provide similar feedback on your creations?

blazekicker69

May 18, 2020
Outstanding job!!!! My only critique would be that it would be amazing if this game could follow in the Tyrant's footsteps and actually release their character models so that modding and fan art would be easier and more accurate. While one would assume that releasing character models would decrease the "value" of the game/novel, it actually opens it up for even more attention. SAZ and others have developed significant contributions to Tyrant and I believe the same could be done here. If even after reading this you are against it, I would at least beg you to reveal which base character models you used for the novel from daz3d and others since there are soo many to go through it is daunting for those who simply want to explore more aspects of the novel or develop alternative paths like SAZ did for Tyrant. Just my babbling but hey great work regardless :)

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
My only critique would be that it would be amazing if this game could follow in the Tyrant's footsteps and actually release their character models so that modding and fan art would be easier and more accurate.
I wouldn't consider that a critique, so much as an interesting suggestion. Note that there was a LOT of dial-twiddling with some of the characters (Melissa, in particular) to get them to the point I was happy with them, so I'm not sure whether just rattling off the base Daz figures would help all that much. (Also means there would be a fairly sizeable list of packages that you'd have to have, and I'd have to go back and identify them. LOL)

I'll ponder it. Thanks for the thought.

Reactions: blazekicker69

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I love the story, and I love to think that while the school principal was talking to her, she was enjoying the confiscated photos of Parker's mother's arrest.
Thanks! And, yes, that is exactly the impression that portion of the scene was supposed to convey. Glad you picked up on it! (Here and there, there are things we tried to be a bit subtle about, rather than banging people over the head with everything. Some have worked, some haven't... LOL)

And what I would most like is that this principal gradually began to enjoy the same privileges as the police, although in his own style ...
I'll admit that was something that never crossed my mind. I can't promise anything, but thanks for the suggestion!

blazekicker69

May 18, 2020
I wouldn't consider that a critique, so much as an interesting suggestion. Note that there was a LOT of dial-twiddling with some of the characters (Melissa, in particular) to get them to the point I was happy with them, so I'm not sure whether just rattling off the base Daz figures would help all that much. (Also means there would be a fairly sizeable list of packages that you'd have to have, and I'd have to go back and identify them. LOL)

I'll ponder it. Thanks for the thought.
Appreciate your thoughts. I am glad you will at least consider it :)

Ob Nixillis

Aug 1, 2017
(I have pretty thick skin, however.)
This is the single most reassuring sentence I have ever seen a Dev write. 10 points to Griffindor or what have you, good on you for wanting to tell a story for a crowd and not being daunted by not that crowd taking umbrage with a story not written for their tastes.

Reactions: Rich and derpyderp

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
I finally got the chance to play the update and its awesome! I hope there would be another kind of NTR that would be considered: Son masturbating to his mother being whored around. For variety, I hope she gets to be blackmailed and enjoyed by other characters too...a virtuous, lovely woman forced into degrading acts with her son becoming aware of the plot in gradual fashion

Led

Jul 16, 2017
The game ends after the pool scene? That's only a few scenes more than a year ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Hi
I gotta say WTF people slagging it off when it is in its infancy??? The developer must have a story line i his head so you have no idea how the pieces will fit together e.g. the artwork has an american feel to it, would any teenager in US really risk life and limb to"attack" a cop (they carry and use guns) but the potential to plot and seek revenge is lost if he is dead! My point - it is early days to knock the story and if you really don't like it leave the room no body forced you to stay.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - Old Fart oops sorry I missed the RICH bit

Reactions: derpyderp

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
You have a serious problem with deciding everyone that doesn't like the "game" is ranting about multiple choices.
It seems like you have problems with your own choice in this matter and are projecting.

Its not about player choice, its about MC choice.

Parker watches his mother get molested by a cop infront of entire group of people.
In the real world most people would actually get aggressive and violent watching that.
Parker being a minor char with no agency in the story just sat back and let it happen, yet you made the majority of the story from his viewpoint.

Hence people feel Trapped because you put the majority viewpoint from a ineffectual and only reacting minor char.
You don't seem to understand it has nothing to do with people making CHOICE A or CHOICE B
Its the CHAR has Choices they could make and Parker is completely passive and pathetic.

You could have made it that Parker attacked the cops and then they used the threat of charging him/arresting him to get the mother to do what they wanted.
This would have given Parker Agency and made him responsible for the story playing out in part instead of just a leaf in the wind.

You made Parker a completely passive Cuck that doesn't even stand up for his own family or really do anything active in the story.

Now its your story, if you wanted the MC to be such, well good job he is actually one of the most pathetic chars in any fiction I have ever seen and I know some people are really into that.

If it wasn't your intention you may want to stop projecting when people are saying they find something they dislike that its because they can't themselves make choices in the story.
If this is true, I think I go skip this game.. I dont really like NTR genre in these kind of games.. but if the NTR is forced and with poor context.. sorry but no sorry..

Babysitter broke my heart SO hard with the NTR path.. I enjoyed and fell in love with Christine.. :(

llun

Apr 26, 2018
Great "STORY" yea.. its a story not a game.. why is that so hard to digest..

but yes.. i personally enjoy the aspect of the "helpless son being forced to watch his mother being molested"(like the first scene in the police questioning room) with that being said i dont care to "be" the son in that perspective(i would rather be the cop) so the shifting perspective adds layers to how you can progress the story (not being trapped through the day-to-day events) the true "perspective" we have on this story "i believe" is that of the writer and how we are carried to peak moments in this "world of perversion" we stepped into haha...

As for future events i hope the mother/son/cop scenes return.. maybe more advanced where the son gets blackmailed and forced to sit and watch much worse going down..

But that is just my suggestions... love the story keep up the good work i cant wait to see where you take this!

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
I finally got the chance to play the update and its awesome! I hope there would be another kind of NTR that would be considered: Son masturbating to his mother being whored around. For variety, I hope she gets to be blackmailed and enjoyed by other characters too...a virtuous, lovely woman forced into degrading acts with her son becoming aware of the plot in gradual fashion
Hope that the story further progresses to the point that the mom realizes that the son is aware of her degraded situations and is turned on by this fact, putting on a show whenever she is aware that he is watching/recording

Reactions: hash19

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Update posted on SubscribeStar:

Chapter 7 Progress Update for Fans and Above

Work is chugging along on Chapter 7. The script is complete. There are 17 segments within the chapter, and the renders are done for the first 6. Granted, that's a little misleading in terms of total progress, because a few of the segments late in the chapter are render-heavy, but just wanted you to know that things are progressing.
First Chapter 7 Teaser Image for Mega-Fans and Benefactors
93a3eae5-2272-4c46-887b-730fd4c5837a.jpg

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes