Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Also, why would Parker go after Melissa when he has all these other choices?
Incest is a popular subject for fantasy because its much rarer in real life. Most mothers don't fall into the MILF category and the ones that do aren't normally viewed as sex objects by their sons, through decades of cultural conditioning. Aside from the occasional glance at her boobs, Parker hasn't shown any real sexual interest in Melissa, even when she was passed out and half naked in front of him.

If Parker was going to have an incestuous relationship, I'd put my money on Melanie, for several reasons.

1. He's fantasised about her in the recent past, to the point where he jerked off using her underwear.
2. Melanie told him that she'd seriously consider 'taking him for a spin', if he wasn't her brother.
3. If Melanie's suspicions about them having different fathers are correct, she's only his half-sister. :)

Anything's possible in this story, but I agree that Parker has other choices that he'd consider first.

Panos24

Oct 1, 2020
σat the beginning of the game. In the scenes where the police were looking for Melissa, Parker seemed to enjoy it.

Reactions: 189m78g

mullins

Jan 3, 2021
This story is so different from John's original. I've tried to read through all the comments but I can't say I've succeeded, so I'll just ask. Is John still involved in the development of this story or is Rich doing it all himself?

Reactions: Panos24

Panos24

Oct 1, 2020
This story is so different from John's original. I've tried to read through all the comments but I can't say I've succeeded, so I'll just ask. Is John still involved in the development of this story or is Rich doing it all himself?
this must be answered!

mullins

Jan 3, 2021
Parker was a lot shallower in the original story. He seems to be so driven by his sexual needs that it overcomes his concern for Melissa and he eagerly exploits her to the limit. Melissa doesn't explicitly have an affair in it, but there is just a hint in the initial phone call before being stopped by Bill and Paul that there is something going on with fellow teacher Tom. Melissa is trying to protect Parker from the corrupt policemen as her motivation to cooperate with them. I believe she thinks Parker is acting the way he is at the instruction of Bill because he is being victimized too, which explains why she complies with his demands. At least, that's my take on it. In the changed story, Parker is much more developed as a character and a lot of new elements are introduced so that this is almost a completely different tale.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I guess that's the answer to my question about whether John is still involved.
To answer more fully - John was actively involved for the first four chapters or so. He and I agreed early on that we weren't going to blindly follow the original Literotica script. Rather, we collaborated on deviations from and enhancements to it. In particular, the "Parker/Becky" arc was largely of my own devising, although John wrote the final dialog for both that as well as the Melissa arc in order to keep things consistent. (My words in Parker's mouth tended to sound different than his words in Parker's mouth, so we opted for his, since he is/was a better writer than I am.)

Unfortunately, life got in the way of his continued involvement. I'm still in touch with him off and on, and he's indicated that he's not dissatisfied with where I've taken the story since then, but since then it's been all me. (Plus, of course, all the input I get from people on this thread, patrons, etc.) Thus, if the first four chapters are awesome and the later ones lame, it's all my fault. To the extent that anything I did is good, it's largely because John put things on a firm footing early on, and because of the hours of chat time we had working out character details, motivations, etc.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
To answer more fully - John was actively involved for the first four chapters or so. He and I agreed early on that we weren't going to blindly follow the original Literotica script. Rather, we collaborated on deviations from and enhancements to it. In particular, the "Parker/Becky" arc was largely of my own devising, although John wrote the final dialog for both that as well as the Melissa arc in order to keep things consistent. (My words in Parker's mouth tended to sound different than his words in Parker's mouth, so we opted for his, since he is/was a better writer than I am.)

Unfortunately, life got in the way of his continued involvement. I'm still in touch with him off and on, and he's indicated that he's not dissatisfied with where I've taken the story since then, but since then it's been all me. (Plus, of course, all the input I get from people on this thread, patrons, etc.) Thus, if the first four chapters are awesome and the later ones lame, it's all my fault. To the extent that anything I did is good, it's largely because John put things on a firm footing early on, and because of the hours of chat time we had working out character details, motivations, etc.
Friend, the recent chapters are better than the first four. Your writing is better.

snowman97

Oct 5, 2019
Hey, I know that the question has been asked before and that the answer is always "when it's done", but as I just started the game with the last update I don't really know the typical schedule. Will the next update likely come out this month/next month or how long is the typical break?

Reactions: Adolfo

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Hey, I know that the question has been asked before and that the answer is always "when it's done", but as I just started the game with the last update I don't really know the typical schedule. Will the next update likely come out this month/next month or how long is the typical break?
It's varied. Rich seems to prefer to release "whole chapters" (meaning, "bring it to a logical break point") rather than sticking to a strict schedule and releasing partial chapters. Chapter 9 was released after only about a 2 month interval, but there was one chapter some time ago that took something like 6 months. (Although I know Rich was having personal issues at the time.) He's said he's trying to keep the pace up, but there's obviously no way to know whether Chapter 10 is a short one or a long one.

So, I think it very unlikely that we'll see Chapter 10 this month, since that'd be the shortest interval yet. Maybe in May, hopefully before the end of June. But that's just a guess.

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
the only question on my tongue is whether there are two storylines or not?
And the only answer is: "Prior to Chapter 9, there was only one story line. Chapter 9 introduced one choice that seems to have split the story into two. Whether those two paths remain separate or whether they merge remains to be seen."

Reactions: cleanfeel
3.90 star(s) 66 Votes