Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
Does anyone know how the author aims to take the story of having an A and B route? My guess is A is "happy" end. And B is "bad end". I'm secretly hoping that A is also bad end.

So far, the divergence is A: Cooperate with Cops and B: Fuck the Police. I think it is entirely possible, if not too much to dream about, to have both routes be the inevitable fall of everything Parker holds dear to. Just A and B has different flavor of bad outcomes.

For B, obvious one is Becky and Mom being on speed dial for the cops to dump their cum into them, maybe even extending beyond highschool and into college and work life.

For A, I'm not quite sure. Parker and Becky lives happy forever after, with Becky becoming for confident and open to sex?

I think the update DOES seem shorter than normal, but it's because the author had to write two routes and render a lot more. I think the author is doing the best he can, if you count the content and time between each, I don't think it deviates from the regular release schedule.

Elkfood

Jun 8, 2017
Does anyone know how the author aims to take the story of having an A and B route? My guess is A is "happy" end. And B is "bad end". I'm secretly hoping that A is also bad end.

So far, the divergence is A: Cooperate with Cops and B: Fuck the Police. I think it is entirely possible, if not too much to dream about, to have both routes be the inevitable fall of everything Parker holds dear to. Just A and B has different flavor of bad outcomes.

For B, obvious one is Becky and Mom being on speed dial for the cops to dump their cum into them, maybe even extending beyond highschool and into college and work life.

For A, I'm not quite sure. Parker and Becky lives happy forever after, with Becky becoming for confident and open to sex?

I think the update DOES seem shorter than normal, but it's because the author had to write two routes and render a lot more. I think the author is doing the best he can, if you count the content and time between each, I don't think it deviates from the regular release schedule.
You have some good points. The update seems shorter. I think it's a mistake to create two paths. The time between updates is long enough as it is.

SPARDA2408

Jan 28, 2019
You have some good points. The update seems shorter. I think it's a mistake to create two paths. The time between updates is long enough as it is.
I agree with you 2 paths = more works, more waiting but without that we don't have the second path with blackmailed Becky. Maybe JohnRich can propose a vote for what path we prefer he's concentrate for? Just an idea.

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
The update seems shorter.
As cleanfeel said, I think that's an illusion due to it being split between the two paths. This chapter had more renders and more lines of code than either Chapter 9 or Chapter 8. Chapters 6 and 7 had the most content, but then Chapter 6 took almost 6 months, and Chapter 7 was like 5.

All I can speculate is that Rich had two different "where could things go from there" ideas, couldn't choose between them and decided to do both.

I do find it amusing that everybody seems to be rooting against the protagonist and all he holds dear. You're a dark lot here... LOL

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Also, I'm going to buck the trend of complaining about the story. I thought it was a very interesting update, with an unexpected twist or two.

Everybody's been baying at the moon for Becky to get "involved." We got a big first step in that direction, and got to "see" Becky. :) I'd think there'd be a lot of cheering over that. Looking forward to seeing how that particular path progresses. I would expect that Parker's misinterpretation of the pictures is going to drive a big wedge between him and Carl/Becky. Be interesting to see how both sides handle that.

On the other half, glad to see Melanie back. Might have rather seen some more of Melissa, but Melanie is a good "second best." While giving Carl a thrill might have been a "why the hell not" reaction on her part (by her own admission, she's not shied away from one-night stands before) the really curious thing is openly doing it in front of Parker. Was that planned? Meaning, "if Parker wasn't awake, would she have awakened him?" Just another "oh, well, why the hell not?" Or does this maybe indicate that she's been rethinking that comment about "taking Parker for a spin" and wanted to see his reaction?

Reactions: Kire4th

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
As cleanfeel said, I think that's an illusion due to it being split between the two paths. This chapter had more renders and more lines of code than either Chapter 9 or Chapter 8. Chapters 6 and 7 had the most content, but then Chapter 6 took almost 6 months, and Chapter 7 was like 5.

All I can speculate is that Rich had two different "where could things go from there" ideas, couldn't choose between them and decided to do both.

I do find it amusing that everybody seems to be rooting against the protagonist and all he holds dear. You're a dark lot here... LOL
If I recall, he did watch his mom get strip searched (twice?) with little to no emotion.
Also, is anything going to happen between him and his mom or sister? The Devs seem to be toying with the possibility - which I would find annoying if they don't follow through.

Last edited:

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017

Ha. If I wanted vanilla games with happy end, I wouldn't be playing / supporting a game where unavoidable blackmail was the first scenes. Honestly there's so many more lovey dovey h-games out there than darker stuff. I don't see why we need the route here. I'd be surprised if route A is love and route B is evil, since the game started off with unavoidable blackmail. Most "trigger outraged" folks that complain about NTR is probably not actively following this game, so I' m not sure it's Author appeasing 50/50, and more like 20/80, for love / agony routes.

Reactions: blaqkthespian

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
I wrote this on SubscribeStar, but I'd post this here because I want to have a discussion about the great game. Contains spoilers, you've been warned.

I'm delighted by the direction of the story in the b-route (which I'm going to assume leads to bad end aka ntr / blackmail / cuckold content). I am happy about the direction of the story, in terms of believability, character conversations, actions, and reaction are all on-point with nothing that jumps out to me as "impossible". I see that some folks are displeased by the amount of content, but IMO it is just right. I hate these "insta slut" women on 99% of hentai and h-games, in both Western and Eastern games. Becky acts exactly just like she would. The cops would not make her do things completely out of her sexual experience, such as handjob, blowjob, and sex right away in contrary to the Mother. Becky loves Parker, but not that much.

Of course with the nudes now, and Parker mistakenly thinking Becky is cheating on her, things might turn south real fast. I hope John doesn't drag it out to be one sexual thing after another like many games. For example, in some games, you have stripping then groping then handjob then boobjob, then blowjob, then sex, then anal, etc etc. That is bland and predictable, and quite frankly unrealistic. I believe the blackmail, the misunderstandings, the emotions, and the reactions by these characters will eventually lead to sex that shouldn't be progressive like a math formula. I personally wouldn't know how the story will end up. I can however, make some guesses and fantasies.

Guess / Fantasy:
- Parker thinks that he's being cheated on, and wants to "get back" at Becky and Carl. He of course isn't going to confront them like a normal human being (story would end). He's going to do what every romantic comedy and tragedy characters do and not just call her. In the lens of the story, he might be cold the Becky, he might even try to distance himself because he is hurt. He might lash out.

- Parker thinks Carl + Becky is a thing. Cops overhear Parker confronting Carl, and they realize that the dumbass doesn't know its them. Cops devise a clever way to play on the teenage angst and anger of Parker and gets him into further trouble. This gives more ammunition for them to play with both the Mom and the girlfriend in secret. Cue series of "mystery ntr" where Parker doesn't know what's happening, but you as the audience knows. Example, Becky sucking off the cops before their date, and you seeing a tiny little cum stain on her dress (the one that Parker bought). Or another interesting troupe I've seen recently is where Mom goes out with one clothing for a "reunion" and comes home with different clothing. Hot.

- Becky might try to reach out to Parker about the photos (finally mustering courage to open her heart), only to have Parker ignore or sabotage her efforts somehow. A few months ago, I postulated that Becky formulates some sort of plan and was able to retrieve the photos along with evidence of rape / blackmail by cops (using her smarts and charm of a 2021 #girlscandoanything). And only to have Parker ruin it completely by somehow. I can guess a scene in a car where Becky took the external hardrive from the cops, only for Parker to get angry and toss it while driving into a lake or something. Something along the lines of "We're through, you think I don't know about you and Carl!?". And this ruins Becky's efforts of getting the evidence (in which she blew the cops and let them humiliate her completely). Add insult to injury, she of course didn't know the cops backed it up on the Cloud. But now she doesn't have the proof, so she can't confront the cops and she's also heartbroken. So now the cops are free to have their way with her in all of her holes. I think this interpretation has to be late stage because I basically took the wind under her sail and what supports her mentally (Parker).

This is just my fantasy, I hope John come up with something that surprises me. I strongly suggested he lay out the story instead of winging it since it'll be much better that way. TBH I'm worried he won't live up to the hype since in the b-route set up, with Parker thinking that Becky is sleeping with Carl, seem to have written the story into a certain corner.

If I was Parker, I wouldn't know what to do. What is an appropriate way to "get back" at Carl and Becky without ruining it and realizing it was a misunderstanding? What is the logical step for the cops next move? How does Becky react to it? How will she find the courage to "fight"? Will she do the "Girl with Dragon Tattoo" move and film her own blowjob / rape? Will she beg and appeal to the cop's humanity? Will she research the cop's families and find weakness on their own and go on the offense? I don't know, but I'm staying on for the ride!

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
Of course I wanna discuss this with u.
But unfortunately I can't because
some of us like u played the new update and some of us just not.
We're patiently waiting for our hero. ;)

I wrote this on SubscribeStar, but I'd post this here because I want to have a discussion about the great game. Contains spoilers, you've been warned.

I'm delighted by the direction of the story in the b-route (which I'm going to assume leads to bad end aka ntr / blackmail / cuckold content). I am happy about the direction of the story, in terms of believability, character conversations, actions, and reaction are all on-point with nothing that jumps out to me as "impossible". I see that some folks are displeased by the amount of content, but IMO it is just right. I hate these "insta slut" women on 99% of hentai and h-games, in both Western and Eastern games. Becky acts exactly just like she would. The cops would not make her do things completely out of her sexual experience, such as handjob, blowjob, and sex right away in contrary to the Mother. Becky loves Parker, but not that much.

Of course with the nudes now, and Parker mistakenly thinking Becky is cheating on her, things might turn south real fast. I hope John doesn't drag it out to be one sexual thing after another like many games. For example, in some games, you have stripping then groping then handjob then boobjob, then blowjob, then sex, then anal, etc etc. That is bland and predictable, and quite frankly unrealistic. I believe the blackmail, the misunderstandings, the emotions, and the reactions by these characters will eventually lead to sex that shouldn't be progressive like a math formula. I personally wouldn't know how the story will end up. I can however, make some guesses and fantasies.

Guess / Fantasy:
- Parker thinks that he's being cheated on, and wants to "get back" at Becky and Carl. He of course isn't going to confront them like a normal human being (story would end). He's going to do what every romantic comedy and tragedy characters do and not just call her. In the lens of the story, he might be cold the Becky, he might even try to distance himself because he is hurt. He might lash out.

- Parker thinks Carl + Becky is a thing. Cops overhear Parker confronting Carl, and they realize that the dumbass doesn't know its them. Cops devise a clever way to play on the teenage angst and anger of Parker and gets him into further trouble. This gives more ammunition for them to play with both the Mom and the girlfriend in secret. Cue series of "mystery ntr" where Parker doesn't know what's happening, but you as the audience knows. Example, Becky sucking off the cops before their date, and you seeing a tiny little cum stain on her dress (the one that Parker bought). Or another interesting troupe I've seen recently is where Mom goes out with one clothing for a "reunion" and comes home with different clothing. Hot.

- Becky might try to reach out to Parker about the photos (finally mustering courage to open her heart), only to have Parker ignore or sabotage her efforts somehow. A few months ago, I postulated that Becky formulates some sort of plan and was able to retrieve the photos along with evidence of rape / blackmail by cops (using her smarts and charm of a 2021 #girlscandoanything). And only to have Parker ruin it completely by somehow. I can guess a scene in a car where Becky took the external hardrive from the cops, only for Parker to get angry and toss it while driving into a lake or something. Something along the lines of "We're through, you think I don't know about you and Carl!?". And this ruins Becky's efforts of getting the evidence (in which she blew the cops and let them humiliate her completely). Add insult to injury, she of course didn't know the cops backed it up on the Cloud. But now she doesn't have the proof, so she can't confront the cops and she's also heartbroken. So now the cops are free to have their way with her in all of her holes. I think this interpretation has to be late stage because I basically took the wind under her sail and what supports her mentally (Parker).

This is just my fantasy, I hope John come up with something that surprises me. I strongly suggested he lay out the story instead of winging it since it'll be much better that way. TBH I'm worried he won't live up to the hype since in the b-route set up, with Parker thinking that Becky is sleeping with Carl, seem to have written the story into a certain corner.

If I was Parker, I wouldn't know what to do. What is an appropriate way to "get back" at Carl and Becky without ruining it and realizing it was a misunderstanding? What is the logical step for the cops next move? How does Becky react to it? How will she find the courage to "fight"? Will she do the "Girl with Dragon Tattoo" move and film her own blowjob / rape? Will she beg and appeal to the cop's humanity? Will she research the cop's families and find weakness on their own and go on the offense? I don't know, but I'm staying on for the ride!

Reactions: derpyderp

hanpengyi

Jul 10, 2019
Generally, splitting the game to several routes indeed reduces the perceived length because all the renders and scripts have to be divided, thus slowing the progress. The problem is the audience of any games are not homogenous, even among NTR-lovers. Some likes corruption and sharing, and some likes humiliations and cuckold - the former enjoys a sense of being in control, while the latter enjoys losing control. Any game developers need to split games into several routes if they want to satisfy the possible maximum number of their audience, it's kind of how things are.

Last edited:

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
When will we poor people play the update? :D
Normally a week or two after Patreon/SubscribeStar supporters, IIRC? Paying supporters deserve early access, otherwise nobody would pay. The version number in the thread title and the links in the first post should update once its available to everybody - then we can all speculate about Becky's corruption. :unsure:

I live in hope that Melissa will somehow come out on top, but that's looking less likely with each update. I'm ambivalent about Parker, because he vacillates between nobility and idiocy. Carl is a good guy, who's honest about his faults. :love:

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Is there a new update?
Do you ever actually read the forum before you post?

Chapter 10 released for Mega-Fans and Benefactors
What part of that, and the last two pages discussing it, don't already answer your question?

The update isn't here yet, of course, but that's probably because those of us who seriously support Rich rather like having access before the people who don't contribute.

Reactions: Elkfood

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
I wrote this on SubscribeStar, but I'd post this here because I want to have a discussion about the great game.
Nice analysis.

Becky acts exactly just like she would. The cops would not make her do things completely out of her sexual experience, such as handjob, blowjob, and sex right away in contrary to the Mother. Becky loves Parker, but not that much.
Yes, absolutely. One of the things I like about this story is that the character's actions seem pretty life-like. (Even Parker, as the "half-noble, half-idiot.") Our best guess is that Becky's a virgin. Given her resistance to Parker's advances, I can't imagine her consenting to the cops without a LOT of pressure over a period of time. If at all. I can hope, mind you, but it's not going to be like turning on a light switch.

Of course with the nudes now, and Parker mistakenly thinking Becky is cheating on her, things might turn south real fast. I hope John doesn't drag it out to be one sexual thing after another like many games.
Quite. One tiny correction - JohnCBB is long gone. Rich has been going solo on this since somewhere around Chapters 4 or 5.

All good points. How to lash out without creating the confrontation that leads to the explanation that leads to the reconciliation will be an interesting trick.

- Parker thinks Carl + Becky is a thing. Cops overhear Parker confronting Carl, and they realize that the dumbass doesn't know its them. Cops devise a clever way to play on the teenage angst and anger of Parker and gets him into further trouble.
Also hard to pull off, because Carl would probably explain that the only people who had access to the shots were the cops, so it HAD to be them. Assuming Parker will listen to Carl of course.

- Becky might try to reach out to Parker about the photos (finally mustering courage to open her heart), only to have Parker ignore or sabotage her efforts somehow....
That's a REALLY interesting potential path...

Wow - so many "what if's"! Maybe you should see if Rich will sign you on as new author... LOL

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes