Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

hamod

Jan 5, 2021
The updates are not regular, and they've varied quite a bit - as short as 2 months, as long as 6+. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, Rich polled his subscribers some time back, and they preferred the release of "whole chapters" rather than "release what you have on a given day."

There have already been three teaser images for this chapter, which is more than usual, so possibly there's more content in this chapter than in some of the previous ones. That could explain it taking a while.
yea but he already take more than 2 months .. i remember chap 9 is already 2 months ago and he still didnt update chap 10 yet

Panos24

Oct 1, 2020
It's ready when it's ready. It's somewhat random. I'm guessing he has a life and job next to developing this game.
very right, surely man will have other jobs to do. After all it takes a long time to prepare an entire chapter, it is not as simple as you bring to us

Reactions: Elkfood

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
yea but he already take more than 2 months .. i remember chap 9 is already 2 months ago and he still didnt update chap 10 yet
yea i did waited ..but that was not my question ..i was asking if how long it will take between update and the next update ..is it regularly or randomly
This has been discussed over and over and OVER again, as you'd know if you actually read this thread. The updates have been very random. Two months (between chapters 8 and 9) was the absolute shortest interval. They've been as long as six months, although that was only once, as I recall. Mostly they've been in the 3-4-ish month range. So maybe we're close.

I'm guessing he has a life and job next to developing this game.
Reading between the lines of some of his posts here and the chats I've had with him on Discord, his personal life is... complex.

Frankly, given that his writing partner abandoned the story after Chapter 4, I think we all should be grateful that he's still plugging along at it. He could have just used that as an excuse and walked away. But he's got to be VERY tired of hearing "when's the update," "when's the update" year in and year out.

goodreader7711

Aug 3, 2018
This has been discussed over and over and OVER again, as you'd know if you actually read this thread. The updates have been very random. Two months (between chapters 8 and 9) was the absolute shortest interval. They've been as long as six months, although that was only once, as I recall. Mostly they've been in the 3-4-ish month range. So maybe we're close.

Reading between the lines of some of his posts here and the chats I've had with him on Discord, his personal life is... complex.

Frankly, given that his writing partner abandoned the story after Chapter 4, I think we all should be grateful that he's still plugging along at it. He could have just used that as an excuse and walked away. But he's got to be VERY tired of hearing "when's the update," "when's the update" year in and year out.
Totally agree, but it proves that we love this game. Well, more precisely we can't wait to see becky get corrupted :D

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Totally agree, but it proves that we love this game. Well, more precisely we can't wait to see becky get corrupted :D
Maybe. But that being said, to Rich (who follows this thread) I'm sure this rather resembles the child in the back seat saying
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Any more games with the Melissa model? She looks amazing, has a Mila Jovovich vibe very strongly.

Tyger Tyger

May 17, 2021
The updates are not regular, and they've varied quite a bit - as short as 2 months, as long as 6+. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, Rich polled his subscribers some time back, and they preferred the release of "whole chapters" rather than "release what you have on a given day."

There have already been three teaser images for this chapter, which is more than usual, so possibly there's more content in this chapter than in some of the previous ones. That could explain it taking a while.
The game has only 17 Patrons. That isn't much incentive from where I'm sitting. Just saying...

Reactions: garret64 and Adolfo

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Any more games with the Melissa model? She looks amazing, has a Mila Jovovich vibe very strongly.
Not sure which base model Rich uses for Melissa, but Rich has heavily customized her. So I doubt you will see her in any other game. But yeah, She's beautiful and has that Milf next door look about her, to me anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: Qixoni

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Not sure which base model Rich uses for Melissa, but Rich has heavily customized her. So I doubt you will see her in any other game. But yeah, She's beautiful and has that Milf next door look about her, to me anyway.
Indeed. Want to see much more of her, she has great potential.

Reactions: DonkeyFace
3.90 star(s) 66 Votes