Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
to be honest, I would have seen more Action from Becky after waiting 6 months than another photoshoot :sneaky:
Perhaps. But this isn't a "MC faps every female in sight" game. It's a story, where the Parker's main goal is getting Becky. So, if he does get her, we can probably expect that that'll be toward the end, right? (Or, at least, the end of one of the two branches.) I mean, that's how stories are usually structured - Our Hero finally achieves his goal somewhere around the climax (pun intended!) at the end. ("Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back," right?)

garret64

Feb 9, 2019
Perhaps. But this isn't a "MC faps every female in sight" game. It's a story, where the Parker's main goal is getting Becky. So, if he does get her, we can probably expect that that'll be toward the end, right? (Or, at least, the end of one of the two branches.) I mean, that's how stories are usually structured - Our Hero finally achieves his goal somewhere around the climax (pun intended!) at the end. ("Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back," right?)
you misunderstood me. I meant that the story continues after about 6 months of waiting per chapter, there is no point in having Becky repeat the same things. it is clear that Parker is allowed to taste Becky last;) and my heroes in this game are Bill and Paul

randomguy26

Apr 23, 2018
Rich has been silent.It worries me tbh.Hope all the negativity about the latest update doesn't get to you bud.Keep up the good work.Even tho some story direction are not to my taste,i do appreciate your work alot.It's amazing!

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Rich has been silent.It worries me tbh.Hope all the negativity about the latest update doesn't get to you bud.Keep up the good work.Even tho some story direction are not to my taste,i do appreciate your work alot.It's amazing!
No worries - I'm still around. Apologies for having worried you - life's just been... busy of late. And I don't have any problem with people expressing dissatisfaction with parts of what I'm putting out. My skin thickened wrt to that LONG ago. (Most of those recent comments were pretty mild compared to some of the flames in the early part of this thread. LOL) Nor do I have a problem with the fact that some people like one branch more than the other. As someone speculated earlier (was it @L.Lumpy?) I had two paths in mind and couldn't decide between them, so I chose to do both. So, two, two, two KN's in one... :D

I do read every comment here (in addition to what I receive on SubscribeStar, via PM and via email) and pay attention to them. That's not to say that all the "I wanna see's" are going to make it into the story - just that I do note them. Some of the comments here have resulted to changes in my "original plans," and others are interesting because they're expressing thoughts that are already planned. Always nice when "kindred spirits" pop up.

Busily working on 11a.

(And, no, I'm not going to give you a projected date for it... LOL)

Also, just FYI, 11b came out before 11a simply because, well, at the time I started up on chapter 11 I was "feeling" that particular branch a bit more. Worked out well, because it allowed some aspects of 11a to ferment a bit longer, which I hope will improve 12a and beyond a bit.

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
I prefer "Boy gets every woman after he watches them thoroughly used and dumped by every other characters". I hope Carl gets to have fun with MC's mom next

Reactions: Panos24

maiku123

Jun 2, 2017
I prefer "Boy gets every woman after he watches them thoroughly used and dumped by every other characters". I hope Carl gets to have fun with MC's mom next
So you like good endings. I think there are many good endings out there. I prefer bad ends. Boy gets no woman :LOL: like Thug Hero party, Iro Yoridori or NTRPG 2. Or you can also have them both, like spiral legend series. Thou I respect your preference after all the more the merrier.

Reactions: kaizersoze27

maiku123

Jun 2, 2017
What do you guys prefer on a NTR novel, do you guys like for MC to have a bad ending or a good ending?

Last edited:

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
So you like good endings. I think there are many good endings out there. I prefer bad ends. Boy gets no woman :LOL: like Thug Hero party, Iro Yoridori or NTRPG 2. Or you can also have them both, like spiral legend series. Thou I respect your preference after all the more the merrier.
Well yeah, I agree with you. But good to have these bitches fucked by everyone. May be something in between? Freeuse?

Reactions: maiku123

maiku123

Jun 2, 2017
Well yeah, I agree with you. But good to have these bitches fucked by everyone. May be something in between? Freeuse?
Like after becky is fully corrupted (after several patches or a long burn story) having her fuck parker but is not own her own volution but just because she was order to do so by cops as a way to make parker think he got her back? :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

• Red Heart

gabich69

Dec 23, 2019
Oh my God !! I just discovered this game when it was released at the end of 2018 !! what am I doing with my life ????
Haha without laughing, I enjoyed the time I spent on this game, the story is interesting, without scripting ease, the graphics are very beautiful and I fell in love with Becky. :love::love:
The photo shoot with Carl was omg. I can't wait for the 2 to start over with even more freedom hehehe
Btw what is the date of parution of this amazing game guys? Can we attend to have an update this next month??
(And is there a discord to join or i must join his patreon first???)
Thanks for reading me fellas, have a good day

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
Oh my God !! I just discovered this game when it was released at the end of 2018 !! what am I doing with my life ????
Haha without laughing, I enjoyed the time I spent on this game, the story is interesting, without scripting ease, the graphics are very beautiful and I fell in love with Becky. :love::love:
The photo shoot with Carl was omg. I can't wait for the 2 to start over with even more freedom hehehe
Indeed it was. And, from a purely technical effects point of view, I thought it was a nice piece of work as well.

Btw what is the date of parution of this amazing game guys? Can we attend to have an update this next month??
Read the original post for everything you need to know about updates.

(And is there a discord to join or i must join his patreon first???)
AFAIK, Rich has never created a Discord for this.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I've had this on my list for a few years, and finally getting around to it... I'm still very early on but I've got to say the setup with the cops is ruining it for me. It's very difficult for police to get away with abusing their power the way that's presented in this story in middle class communities in the US. If you read any amount of news on a regular basis around corruption in policing in the US they get busted all the time for running kickback and corruption schemes, even when they target vulnerable and low-income communities or criminals who are already on the hook with solid evidence. Even in the early 2000s this isn't plausible to me, and this story feels like it's supposed to be believable. Maybe something happens later on in the story that makes it evident why the cops in this story get away with that level of abuse, and if someone could let me know with a yes or no answer without spoilers that would be great. I'm on chapter 5 and haven't seen anything convincing yet.

If someone can point out a story where a cop gets away with abusing non-vulnerable communities in this way in the US too that would be helpful. The only stories I've seen like this in real life, the officers were careful to target low-income or minority women in communities without a lot of resources, women with disabilities, or elderly women, and even then they eventually slip up or a they mess with a woman who knows her rights and gets help from federal or state authorities despite being from a disadvantaged background.

Barring some really good context I'm gonna have a hard time continuing this one because the premise is just ruining it for me. And it's not that I'm bothered by the abuse of power, the screencaps of the cops clearly doing something wrong in the OP are what piqued my interest in the story in the first place, but as I'm working through the story I just can't excuse the poor background elements to that whole plot line.

garret64

Feb 9, 2019
Thanks for being reminded on all three sides that the cops' power in this story is unrealistic.

Still, I love the fantasy of power over women and the gloomy atmosphere in the game.

If you want pure realism and a sex story at the same time, you will only get a very short story.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for being reminded on all three sides that the cops' power in this story is unrealistic.

Still, I love the fantasy of power over women and the gloomy atmosphere in the game.

If you want pure realism and a sex story at the same time, you will only get a very short story.
I like games/VN with abusive dynamics and outright non-con. I play/read Corruption, Blackmailing the Family, Enslaver, Restore her Career, all the fucked up games on here. But again the dynamics have to be consistent. Either it's super over the top, and that's apparent, or it isn't. If it was set in the 1970s, even the 80s, I wouldn't say anything. If it was a low-income or immigrant neighborhood, I probably wouldn't say anything either. If it was set in Europe, I wouldn't know enough to comment.

But being raised in the US and as obsessed with crime and politics as I am, police who get away with this type of behavior pick their targets better, don't engage in repeat abuse of the same victim unless they are extremely young, old, disabled, have a record, or some sort of element of real blackmail that I haven't seen in this story like an ACTUAL criminal record or vulnerability, or systemic abuse of people with access to significant resources, and don't sloppily tamper with evidence in a way that the FBI or state law enforcement can easily trace (and no matter what anyone may think of them, the modern FBI does care about police abuse of power and investigates it seriously), so a history teacher in an affluent community in the early 2000s taking that much abuse is kinda feeling like martians just appeared in the middle of the slice of life novel I'm reading and I just keep reading along.

Even in notoriously corrupt precincts like some in Louisiana, Florida, etc., this is reaching. I suppose I'll keep going, but like I said, martians just landed in the middle of the slice of life novel and it's kinda hanging over the whole story.

Reactions: fotogaik

L.Lumpy

Jan 3, 2019
If someone can point out a story where a cop gets away with abusing non-vulnerable communities in this way in the US too that would be helpful.
Sadly, how about this:

(No idea whether this qualifies under your "non-vulnerable community" definition, but...)

I'm not saying that the way that particular scene in the story played out was necessarily realistic, but I'm afraid the statement that "cops don't get away with this kind of thing" just isn't true. (Not that you said it wasn't true - not trying to put those words in your mouth.)

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Sadly, how about this:

(No idea whether this qualifies under your "non-vulnerable community" definition, but...)

I'm not saying that the way that particular scene in the story played out was necessarily realistic, but I'm afraid the statement that "cops don't get away with this kind of thing" just isn't true. (Not that you said it wasn't true - not trying to put those words in your mouth.)
I said "repeated abuse of the same victim" and "level of abuse" for a reason. If it was just the initial assault that happens all the time here. The only cases where police repeatedly victimize an individual that I've seen here are people who are considered "vulnerable" targets, and again, this guy in the article linked did not get away with it when he picked the wrong target for a one-time assault that was in a secluded area. He was sent to prison. Of course we wouldn't know if they got away with it long term, and of course there are going to be one-time cases where the victim just wants to put the incident behind them. Also I'm not talking about the initial scene. That could easily happen. There is a whole scheme delineated in the prologue that serves as the basis for a persistent plotline which I'm talking about. There's a distinction between one time abuses and the systematic abuses I'm talking about. I understand Rich has talked about this issue before but I'm sure he and John appreciate well thought out critique even on a line they've commented on before.

I wouldn't bother posting if I thought the story was badly done, on the contrary I only care because it's otherwise decent, and even though some elements are obviously different from my specific context, as someone who was in the same age range of the main characters presented here in the period represented, went to schools in different types of communities in that period, and who has relatives who came of age in the deep South in that period, it's funny to see the attempt to faithfully represent that context with a major plotline that relies on something that was hard to get away with in that time due to things such as consent decrees and other federal and state tools that made it hard to perpetrate this sort of systematic abuse in relatively well-heeled communities in that era.

Also not sure if you read the article but qualified immunity only protects police from civil liability, not criminal; the offending officer still faced full criminal penalties and it's merely judicial doctrine not law and states can pass laws preventing it from being used in a civil context anyway as Colorado just did following a particularly egregious incident.

Reactions: fotogaik

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Jeez, Colorado sounds like literally the only state I could emigrate to based on what I've read. (And it was the only state I ever visited, too, as my former employer is based there.)

• Haha
Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Jeez, Colorado sounds like literally the only state I could emigrate to based on what I've read. (And it was the only state I ever visited, too, as my former employer is based there.)
If you're serious I can give you a comprehensive list of decent states to live in if you're from somewhere sane based on their laws, lol. It's not all bad out in 'Murica, although some places do adhere pretty closely to the caricatures =P.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes