VN Others Family Issues [v0.2.1] [MushHead]

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
For a short concept/demo release you sure generated a lot of interest...5 pages in a little over 24 hours - not bad.
Best of luck!

Reactions: MushHead

MushHead

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2024
For a short concept/demo release you sure generated a lot of interest...5 pages in a little over 24 hours - not bad.
Best of luck!
hey thanks, I'm really lost in metrics, because I saw that I had a lot of views on the thread but little engagement. As you are more experienced, informing me about this makes me even happier

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
how do you win the mini game? i am using 0.2. im hitting the space bar and nothing is happening

Last edited:

b3hstep

Sep 20, 2020
Very nice looking art, I will definitely be following its progress. I'd suggest adding checkpoints and replay-able scenes (without having to mash the spacebar. Its lowkey hard to smash the spacebar and jerk it at the same time tbh ) after having completed one of the stages.

T.K.OH

Aug 15, 2019
Advice for the future. Don't make any minigame "challenging". If you want people to go back give a redo option at the end of the scene and/or a gallery. This mini game is broken and will turn people away from your game.

MushHead

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2024
how do you win the mini game? i am using 0.2. im hitting the space bar and nothing is happening
This seems to be working for most, but I also released a version where the game only works with mouse click, this will help anyone who is having trouble with this (I hope)

MushHead

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2024
Very nice looking art, I will definitely be following its progress. I'd suggest adding checkpoints and replay-able scenes (without having to mash the spacebar. Its lowkey hard to smash the spacebar and jerk it at the same time tbh ) after having completed one of the stages.
Thanks for the comment, version 0.2 is much easier and there is no need to break the space bar, there is also a version with mouse clicks available on patreon (free of charge)

but I will definitely add scenes without the need for the minigame in the future

MushHead

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2024
Advice for the future. Don't make any minigame "challenging". If you want people to go back give a redo option at the end of the scene and/or a gallery. This mini game is broken and will turn people away from your game.
Thanks for the comment, version 0.2 is already updated and is much easier to beat without effort, there is also a version with mouse clicks available on patreon (free of charge)

You can reset any scene at any time using (esc) to pause and then reset but I will definitely update to a reset option as soon as the player loses, thanks for that.

T.K.OH

Aug 15, 2019
Thanks for the comment, version 0.2 is already updated and is much easier to beat without effort, there is also a version with mouse clicks available on patreon (free of charge)

You can reset any scene at any time using (esc) to pause and then reset but I will definitely update to a reset option as soon as the player loses, thanks for that.
Getting an error when trying to load this extra version

1705585494336.png

T.K.OH

Aug 15, 2019
I just updated the link and added the embedded pck, try again and report back please
Still an issue with the minigame. Like someone said before it basically can only record your first click or spacebar and wont let you get any higher than the one little white bar. Can you maybe just change it to click to progress in the animations? That way we can sit on each stage of the animation for as long as we want. Maybe add a finish button for all stages to still get the different dialogue choices?

1705586511735.png

Reactions: juanjana147

MushHead

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2024
Still an issue with the minigame. Like someone said before it basically can only record your first click or spacebar and wont let you get any higher than the one little white bar. Can you maybe just change it to click to progress in the animations? That way we can sit on each stage of the animation for as long as we want. Maybe add a finish button for all stages to still get the different dialogue choices?

View attachment 3273788
I understand, I don't know why this happens, I'll try to thresh it later. But yes I will do that soon (add a full spectator mode) thanks for understanding. Maybe after lunch (about 2 hours from now I'll release an episode where everything flows automatically)

BlackeyeVuk

Nov 1, 2018
Thank you so much. My pc is not that old I think, around 2015. I have a RX 570 that's supposed to run Vulkan, right?
I see. The RX 570 is not the issue, but it didn't come with Vulkan drivers automatically.

Download drivers here. And issue should be resolved. Because your card does support it.

Reactions: Garrexalfa