konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
tnx
stripper. yeah it worked . i forgot that it is launched from home caz for me it happened after i went there, got demi moor, auto-returned home at 23:30 - go and watch option
red share. i got it green after i reactivated the chain + bdsm gift ... but if i understand you correctly, i didnot witness any auto-enabling and thus did it manually
purple...hm forceenable...basically the only option so i should have guessed

Reactions: NightTrain

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
tnx
stripper. yeah it worked . i forgot that it is launched from home caz for me it happened after i went there, got demi moor, auto-returned home at 23:30 - go and watch option
red share. i got it green after i reactivated the chain + bdsm gift ... but if i understand you correctly, i didnot witness any auto-enabling and thus did it manually
purple...hm forceenable...basically the only option so i should have guessed
Hmm, not sure why it didn't re-enable. I'd need to look at your save file to try and figure out what went wrong. If you still have a save from when it was red I could work out the problem and potentially fix a bug in the game, but since you're back on track, don't worry about it.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Just having the downstairs/upstairs/city locations depending on where you currently are, would be enough. The option to see if somebody is in the given room would be a nice addition for sure.

Anyway, thanks for even doing all this in the first place, I spent a lot of hours with the original game and always thought it would be nice if it got ported to something more.... usable. Just didnt think that anybody would ever do that.
I liked the original, but never got very far playing it because I could never figure out what to do next and kept on missing triggers. The only reason I ported the game was so I could play it myself.

Valrin72

May 4, 2017
How do I start Tamara's quest line? I've finished Foxy Group Sex and Tamaraguestroom 0 has condition tamarascene == 1 in red. What do I need to do to trigger this?

Edit: never mind. you call her on the phone from your office.

Last edited:

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Is it really intended for nannyLola thread to not have johnnyLola as a prerequisite?
I've no idea what was intentional! That was part of the Spectre1viper additional content to the original game, and I just copied the prerequisites. It really doesn't make sense for Lola to show up out of the blue like that, but I'd guess that it was added without the check for johnnyLola since johnnyLola was a thread that was pretty easy to screw up (and I suspect many players didn't like being used like that), so not many players would get to that extra content.

But, since it's now possible to manually enable threads, making it easier to avoid objectionable content, I'll put in the additional constraint.

P.S. I have the adaptive location menus working now, but I'm not happy with them. I'm going to try to redo them over the next day to two. Would you mind testing a prototype and giving me some feedback on the UI before I release the changes?

theMorzan

Jul 28, 2017
P.S. I have the adaptive location menus working now, but I'm not happy with them. I'm going to try to redo them over the next day to two. Would you mind testing a prototype and giving me some feedback on the UI before I release the changes?
Sure, I can have a small look if you want me to.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Sure, I can have a small look if you want me to.
Hi theMorzan, here's a patch file for you to test that contains the quick jump menu. You can install it by unzipping the contents and overwriting the files in the 'game' folder. Please note I've made a lot of different changes over the last few months, and this patch may break your game. So, I strongly suggest you keep your old saves. And, if the patch does have some bugs, you'll have to download the previous patch (0.1.4d) and reinstall it instead (and then continue playing from an old save made with the previous version). That said, I'm optimistic there won't be any problems, or it will fail completely before you can even start playing.

To test the new feature, you'll have to turn it on first from the cheat menu (the last option, "Enable quick jump menu"). I'm not going to tell you any more, because I want your feedback on how difficult it was to figure out. Please provide any constructive criticism you can.

Thanks.

Reactions: Rabbit90

theMorzan

Jul 28, 2017
I have to admit I didn't expect you to use the images, I was expecting just a text list, but after using it for a little bit I do think this is actually better solution. So few things that keep bothering me are:
  • No Upstairs Hall location while upstairs
  • Locations shifting around a little bit - I would suggest having upstairs hall, main hall, and city always in the bottom right corner, no matter where you are (except for upstairs hall while being in the city ofc), and having currently closed city locations in the list but disabled
  • Parents house is always available, even if its closed off on the map
  • Maybe cut the transition step while visiting Sports center (They always greet me...) and have the fast travel menu there as well as in the Nightclub
Unrelated suggestions that have nothing to do with this feature (or even this port), now I know that this is technically speaking content cutting but I believe we could live without these things:
  • The "Enter" step for Adams house is pointless, just go directly inside and have it closed (disabled) from 00:00 till 06:00
  • Same for Madisons house, cut one step and have it disabled from 00:00 till 17:00 (displaying C when she is there//having here in the "Locate" menu would be a cherry on top at that point)

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I have to admit I didn't expect you to use the images, I was expecting just a text list, but after using it for a little bit I do think this is actually better solution. So few things that keep bothering me are:
  • No Upstairs Hall location while upstairs
  • Locations shifting around a little bit - I would suggest having upstairs hall, main hall, and city always in the bottom right corner, no matter where you are (except for upstairs hall while being in the city ofc), and having currently closed city locations in the list but disabled
  • Parents house is always available, even if its closed off on the map
  • Maybe cut the transition step while visiting Sports center (They always greet me...) and have the fast travel menu there as well as in the Nightclub
Unrelated suggestions that have nothing to do with this feature (or even this port), now I know that this is technically speaking content cutting but I believe we could live without these things:
  • The "Enter" step for Adams house is pointless, just go directly inside and have it closed (disabled) from 00:00 till 06:00
  • Same for Madisons house, cut one step and have it disabled from 00:00 till 17:00 (displaying C when she is there//having here in the "Locate" menu would be a cherry on top at that point)
Thanks for the prompt feedback!

I didn't expect to use images either, but when I just added the text locations at the end of the regular menu, the positions kept on changing as well, leading to a truly awful experience. Implementing it with images also forced me to figure out how to fix the problem with the NPC icons at the bottom not fitting nicely, and how to get the tool tips on the icons implemented.

The "Upstairs Hall" not showing up while upstairs is definitely a bug, not a "design feature", and an easy fix.
I like the idea of putting the "zone icons" (upstairs, home, city) in the lower right corner, but it'll require me to learn some more Ren'Py tricks. I could probably also include "upstairs" while in the city and "city" while upstairs, just to cut out the intermediate step, but a lot of events only trigger while passing through the main hall, so a player who isn't using cheats and jumping directly between locations is even more likely to miss out on finding these events.

I can easily disable the closed city locations. The "Parent's house" always being open is another easy-to-fix bug.

The greeting at the sports complex is there to make sure you pay the admission fee. I'm sure I can figure out how to avoid this, so the group session/main hall choice menu shows up at the same time as the greeting. The nightclub and strip club entrance serve some purpose, I think, but can probably make it easier to get in.

I agree that the Madison's and Adams' house/pool thing is pointless (and they made programming the event location highlighting way harder). I'll have to double-check the event triggers, but I'm pretty sure I can fix these as you suggested.

I also want to fix the event highlighting so that intermediate locations aren't highlighted if the jump menu is enabled (right now, if you're in the lounge and there's an event in the guest room, for example, both the main hall and upstairs are highlighted). But this will not be an easy thing to fix.

theMorzan

Jul 28, 2017
Seems like the quick jump menu doesn't play nice with stores in the Mall (sex shop, general store, fashion store). This is one of the errors I got while clicking on the sex shop option, but all of them seems to trigger it, not always mind you, but I was not able to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/dialogue.rpy", line 76, in script call
    call giveGift() from _dialogue_give_gift
  File "game/nightclub.rpy", line 11, in script call
    call startLocation("nightclub") from _nightclub_start
  File "game/script.rpy", line 197, in script call
    call printClosed() from _startLocation
  File "game/sports_complex.rpy", line 15, in script call
    call startLocation("sports_complex") from _sports_complex_start
  File "game/city.rpy", line 59, in script call
    call startLocation("beach") from _beach_start
  File "game/actions.rpy", line 435, in script
    call screen store(location)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 560, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 71, in execute
    screen store(store_name):
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 77, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 81, in execute
    has hbox
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 113, in execute
    use itemView(store_name)
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 116, in execute
    screen itemView(store_name, giving=False):
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 117, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 121, in execute
    if (ginfo):
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 122, in execute
    $ num = randint(1, ginfo.numImages)
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 122, in <module>
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'numImages'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/dialogue.rpy", line 76, in script call
    call giveGift() from _dialogue_give_gift
  File "game/sports_complex.rpy", line 15, in script call
    call startLocation("sports_complex") from _sports_complex_start
  File "game/actions.rpy", line 435, in script
    call screen store(location)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1969, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1957, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 560, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 2974, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3007, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3418, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 566, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3418, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 77, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 81, in execute
    has hbox
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 113, in execute
    use itemView(store_name)
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 117, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 121, in execute
    if (ginfo):
  File "game/inventory.rpy", line 122, in execute

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.2.0
Thu Jun 17 00:38:36 2021

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Seems like the quick jump menu doesn't play nice with stores in the Mall (sex shop, general store, fashion store). This is one of the errors I got while clicking on the sex shop option, but all of them seems to trigger it, not always mind you, but I was not able to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
   <<SNIP>>

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.2.0
Thu Jun 17 00:38:36 2021
Thanks for pointing this out. It only seems to trigger when you click on the icon to enter a store, not on the label on the map. If you want a quick fix, you could edit inventory.rpy in the 'game' folder using a text editor like notepad, and change line 120 from
$ ginfo = GetTooltip()
to
$ ginfo = GetTooltip("store")

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
can i get download link for comprised version Mega only lets me download 3 gb and its on limit ? help please

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
can i get download link for comprised version Mega only lets me download 3 gb and its on limit ? help please
I can't help much, because the game is already compressed, for 20GB in the original to 10GB in this version. There's a link in the OP to an even more compressed version, but this is still too big for you (4GB). Instead I suggest to just download the base game and Event Pack #1 (and the patch file in the OP). This will keep you busy for several days, while you wait for the other event packs to download. Or, you may decide you don't like the game, and you won't need to download the other event packs.

Reactions: finndem

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
I can't help much, because the game is already compressed, for 20GB in the original to 10GB in this version. There's a link in the OP to an even more compressed version, but this is still too big for you (4GB). Instead I suggest to just download the base game and Event Pack #1 (and the patch file in the OP). This will keep you busy for several days, while you wait for the other event packs to download. Or, you may decide you don't like the game, and you won't need to download the other event packs.
i downloaded the 4GB one , does it have all the events ? or do i need to download them ?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
i downloaded the 4GB one , does it have all the events ? or do i need to download them ?
You have the full game. Some of the videos may have slightly worse quality, but they should all be there.

Don't forget to apply the patch from the OP, as this fixed a number of bugs that were discovered after the compressed version was made.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes