Jun 30, 2018
Is the update only affecting the base game? Or do content packs need to be updated to comply with version 1.0 too?
i don't really understand as there is no update for the game but let me explain there is the base game with content and then there is three event packs for more content so you need the base game and the three event packs for all content in the game

KhaelDragon

Aug 19, 2020
i don't really understand as there is no update
I was referring to an upgrade from the previous version 0.14 to the current 1.0. I downloaded the core, overwrote the old files with it, I see that there are new cheat options and fast travel, the game is working. But my question is whether it is necessary to re-download 9GB of content packs, whether changes were made to them, since the changelog is about improving the quality of some animations.

Jun 30, 2018
I was referring to an upgrade from the previous version 0.14 to the current 1.0. I downloaded the core, overwrote the old files with it, I see that there are new cheat options and fast travel, the game is working. But my question is whether it is necessary to re-download 9GB of content packs, whether changes were made to them, since the changelog is about improving the quality of some animations.
an old version i see i guess NightTrain is best suited to answer this

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Is the update only affecting the base game? Or do content packs need to be updated to comply with version 1.0 too?
The event packs changed from Version 0.1.4 to Version 1.0.0, but only very slightly, and I'm not sure if the new version of the game will work with the old event packs. The safest thing to do is download all the new event packs, but, honestly, unless you have nothing better to do than wait for the download, don't bother. There are a few (maybe 10) higher-quality animations, mostly involving Angelica, that you'll miss out on, but who really cares? Unfortunately, there may also be four or five broken image links as well (I may have renamed a couple of images).

I recommend you try playing with the old event packs, and if you run into too many problems, let me know and I'll give you instructions on how to fix things.

Reactions: KhaelDragon
Jun 30, 2018
i finally finished the game thanks so much for such a great game and for making it easier for us to play it and get all content

Jun 30, 2018
I take it to mean you are making another conversion of an older title.
yeah son of a bitch is like the second best game after family life from QSP games and he is converting it to renpy playing the original QSP games is really a pain in the butt because you don't really know what to do to unlock all scenes and usually the walkthroughs suck

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I take it to mean you are making another conversion of an older title.
Yes, I've been working on converting SOB for about a month now. I now have a version I can "play", but it doesn't yet have the built-in walkthrough and thread board. Without those, then game is no better than the QSP version (except for the rollback, which is great when you immediately realize you've made a mistake, but not so useful if you don't discover the mistake until several days later, if ever).

It'll still take me a while before I can get something worth delivering to F95zone, but it's a very good game. Much bigger than Family Life, but also more frustrating to play without a walkthrough, particularly since most of the dialogue makes very little sense.

Jun 30, 2018
Yes, I've been working on converting SOB for about a month now. I now have a version I can "play", but it doesn't yet have the built-in walkthrough and thread board. Without those, then game is no better than the QSP version (except for the rollback, which is great when you immediately realize you've made a mistake, but not so useful if you don't discover the mistake until several days later, if ever).

It'll still take me a while before I can get something worth delivering to F95zone, but it's a very good game. Much bigger than Family Life, but also more frustrating to play without a walkthrough, particularly since most of the dialogue makes very little sense.
i used to think that SOB is bigger than family life but by the end of family life i felt that it has much more content am not sure though xD

apandafromhell

Dec 9, 2020
I don't know if this has been address already. But. Is it possible to get this download with all events all tied into one download? I won't ever have the time to download all of this individually, but want to try this.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
I don't know if this has been address already. But. Is it possible to get this download with all events all tied into one download? I won't ever have the time to download all of this individually, but want to try this.
Dude you click download 4 times, they aren't asking you to build the great pyramids.

• Haha
Reactions: iron4doves

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
You just have to download the base game and can start playing immediately. While you're playing the base game you can start downloading Event Pack #1. By the time you've played through all the content of the base game (which will probably take a few days, at least), event pack #1 should have finished downloading, so you just install it and continue playing the game where you left off, but with the new content now available. At the same time, start downloading event pack #2. And so on.

More importantly, if, after playing the base game you decide you don't like it, then you won't have wasted time downloading all the event packs for a game you don't like.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
i used to think that SOB is bigger than family life but by the end of family life i felt that it has much more content am not sure though xD
Well, it could be my imagination and faulty memory. Right now I am constantly struggling with the sheer size of SOB, whereas I was going through the same pains with Family Life a year ago, so that pain has subsided!

SOB has a lot more girls to interact with, but fewer interactions per girl (fewer, shorter, threads). But many of the events in SOB are replayable, with more different versions. Both have about the same download size, but with FL most of the file size was due to a few long video clips, while SOB has more, shorter ones. And the number of lines of Renpy code is doubled in SOB. I'm currently finding so much in SOB that I had no idea existed.

Reactions: sp3cial

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

SOB isn't a completed game though. There is lots of paths and chains just hanging in the air. With the English community overhaul of the text it's not that bad... a lot of work was put into that.

Jun 30, 2018
Well, it could be my imagination and faulty memory. Right now I am constantly struggling with the sheer size of SOB, whereas I was going through the same pains with Family Life a year ago, so that pain has subsided!

SOB has a lot more girls to interact with, but fewer interactions per girl (fewer, shorter, threads). But many of the events in SOB are replayable, with more different versions. Both have about the same download size, but with FL most of the file size was due to a few long video clips, while SOB has more, shorter ones. And the number of lines of Renpy code is doubled in SOB. I'm currently finding so much in SOB that I had no idea existed.
very true more girls in SOB but shorter videos and unlike family life it starts with videos not pictures with story like family life

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes