VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.7] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
No. I was simply interested in what one isolated person would imagine dos and don'ts to be.

It's honestly a bit sad that I can't seem to ask my audience any questions without it relating back to me just doing it for money.
Depends on the crowd you ask. People are split on a lot of tags. Harem is popular but there are some who don't care for it. So if you go that route make each LI optional that way nobody can say it's kinetic or you forced a character on them that they weren't interested in. However doing it this way will mean you will have to program routes into it as I'm sure you were already planning on that, but think of it in this way. A player likes every LI except one... now you have program a route that blocks that one girl and you have alter dialogue to reflect that route. Then there is romance or of course going dark or light. There's Incest. Which seems like a possibility here, but we don't have any definitive answers yet. Then there's specialty or niche tags and then there's the loved/hated tags again depends on the crowd you ask. My best advice is make the game you want while trying to accept constructive feedback and hope your story is well received and supported.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
No. I was simply interested in what one isolated person would imagine dos and don'ts to be.

It's honestly a bit sad that I can't seem to ask my audience any questions without it relating back to me just doing it for money.
Sorry, I was going to answer the question if you were asking what content choices make money and which ones don't. I personally have no issue with a developer trying to maximize their games income potential. I realize that for some developers these stories are their livelihood. There's nothing wrong with soliciting comments to produce a more marketable product. I'm not saying that you were doing that, I'm saying no one should have an issue with it if you were.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Depends on the crowd you ask. People are split on a lot of tags. Harem is popular but there are some who don't care for it. So if you go that route make each LI optional that way nobody can say it's kinetic or you forced a character on them that they weren't interested in. However doing it this way will mean you will have to program routes into it as I'm sure you were already planning on that, but think of it in this way. A player likes every LI except one... now you have program a route that blocks that one girl and you have alter dialogue to reflect that route. Then there is romance or of course going dark or light. There's Incest. Which seems like a possibility here, but we don't have any definitive answers yet. Then there's specialty or niche tags and then there's the loved/hated tags again depends on the crowd you ask.
Yeah of course there will always be people who like/dislike all kinds of tags. You can never please everyone. And I don't believe I'm trying to either.

My best advice is make the game you want while trying to accept constructive feedback and hope your story is well received and supported.
Oh don't worry, that's exactly what I plan to do. As I've said before when I made the polls for this game. It was simply to gauge general interest. It wasn't meant as a blind checklist that we obediently would follow. I would never make a game I don't want to. Which is why it makes me sad when some people immediately jump to the "You just want to know what makes the most money" whenever I ask for feedback or poll the audience or anything of the sort. I just want to make a fun and enjoyable game.

Reactions: WastedTalent

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Yeah of course there will always be people who like/dislike all kinds of tags. You can never please everyone. And I don't believe I'm trying to either.

Oh don't worry, that's exactly what I plan to do. As I've said before when I made the polls for this game. It was simply to gauge general interest. It wasn't meant as a blind checklist that we obediently would follow. I would never make a game I don't want to. Which is why it makes me sad when some people immediately jump to the "You just want to know what makes the most money" whenever I ask for feedback or poll the audience or anything of the sort. I just want to make a fun and enjoyable game.
I will say so far I like it but I do feel like the MC is kind of wishy washy not trying to pick on your writer too much but one minute he's ok next he's like a middle schooler staring at his criss crossed toes trying not to piss himself. Maybe that's intentional for the character development, but in the next update it would be nice to see him maybe be a little more decisive. I'm not saying make him a complete Chad, but maybe Melissa could help him or he could register for school and one of the teachers or a counselor could help out. Also this point isn't too big of deal for me personally but a lot of readers will see it as "riding the fence". Just my two cents and hopefully it helps. Good Luck and I will be looking forward to what's next.

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I will say so far I like it but I do feel like the MC is kind of wishy washy not trying to pick on your writer too much but one minute he's ok next he's like a middle schooler staring at his criss crossed toes trying not to piss himself. Maybe that's intentional for the character development, but in the next update it would be nice to see him maybe be a little more decisive. I'm not saying make him a complete Chad, but maybe Melissa could help him or he could register for school and one of the teachers or a counselor could help out. Also this point isn't too big of deal for me personally but a lot of readers will see it as "riding the fence". Just my two cents and hopefully it helps. Good Luck and I will be looking forward to what's next.
All constructive criticism is welcome.

I'm not saying make him a complete Chad
Say no more, version 1 MC vs version 2 MC
average-chad.gif
But yeah. As mentioned before, it was not our intention to make the MC come across as he seemingly did to a lot of people. So we will probably try and rectify this in future updates.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
But I feel really bad for the writer for this game, because he is getting caught in the cross-fire despite having absolutely nothing to do with it.
I'm not. Maybe he wasn't involved with Feminist Fantasy, but he's walking the same path. IN the previous game, MC had no personality of his own and was just accessory to the girls orgies. He had no reason to get Susan fired besides Leah not getting some of that pussy. In the infamous Alice's ending.... Alice's girlfriend was ok with MC being Alice husband while she cucked him. MC gave up all his girlfriends but Alice sacrificed nothing.
And how does the MC of Far-off Friends behave ? Like a spineless beta... so forgive us if we fear a repeat of the Alice ending but on steroids.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Despite my various issues with the endings of Freeloading Family, I'd say leave that stuff over there. Is this game actually good and worth checking out is what I wanna know? But of course, some of the resentment from FF is being carried over here and it's not helping this game get a fair shake.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Like I said. We worked side by side. If there was a disagreement, then I would trust him to know better as the writer. Because like I said, I'm a terrible writer. I obviously voiced my concerns and notes. But allowed him the freedom to choose what to do with it.
But you still have the last word, you're the producer. If the writer writes NTR, you'll tell him to scrap that.

On another note, I hope this game will be less kinetic than FF. In which you were "on a rail" with minor choices not impacting the story. It's easier to code and write but less fun to play.

Demithycs

Jan 20, 2018
Screenshots looks interesting but I won't check it out just yet. Looks like 5 minutes of nothing and I'd rather wait.

horstg

Sep 10, 2020
If I can make a suggestion: IF there will be incest in the future (with the MC), have only the MC (or only us, the players) know about it at that point ;)

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I'm intrigued with the game so far. Nice looking character design, no Renpy issues other than the dialogue issues mentioned below.

The script definitely needs some attention. There are many, many times where the dialog is attributed to the wrong character, mostly the MC, sometimes not. Definitely breaks the flow and makes it hard to follow. As others have said, it's also a bit verbose at times and could use some trimming in some scenes.

Character development is a bit light. When I got to the decision point to choose whom to take on a date, I had trouble remembering who is who, which is a bad sign that no one really made an impression other than Erika. Maybe slowing down the introduction of the roommates, not throwing all of them at the MC at once might help.

When I got to the end of the current version, I couldn't find any way to quit the game, other than alt-F4.

Hopefully some of the above will be useful to the devs. Looking forward to the next version! ;)

Reactions: Hildegardt

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
But you still have the last word, you're the producer. If the writer writes NTR, you'll tell him to scrap that.
I won't go into circles again. So I'll just say that we worked side by side.

On another note, I hope this game will be less kinetic than FF. In which you were "on a rail" with minor choices not impacting the story. It's easier to code and write but less fun to play.
I've mentioned this before. But it's not only about the coding and writing. It's about diluting content. Have enough branches and maybe a single playthrough for two months of work would take 5-10 minutes to complete. I definitely hear you though that you want more engaging and impactful choices. And we will try our best to include that, I just hope people understand why it's not so simple.

Hopefully some of the above will be useful to the devs. Looking forward to the next version! ;)
For sure, thanks.

They obviously didn't complete the scene.
Yeah, I was quite confused.

Reactions: EJW and johnelros

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
For sure, thanks.
Awesome renders, beautiful girls, I even think the overarching story it’s interesting. I think in these games it’s more important the individual stories with the girls anyway. (y)

I liked almost everything in the game except the protagonist, he seems like one of those guys that get punished by life, not because he is a good person, but because he is stupid. Apparently he was betrayed before but here he is giving away a million dollar house to a woman that he met two days ago! The same with Erika, why is he dumping his plans just to stay with a random girl at that point.:FacePalm:

I think he can be fix FIRST BY NOT BEING A SIMP :ROFLMAO:, and second, by having an important objective (the mystery of his parents) being much more critical to him, this goal being his own and outside of the girls means that he has a reason to stay and comply with them for HIS own interests.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Please get a proofreader for this game. Is the writer a native-English speaker? After playing, I guessed not.

About incest in this game - There is no way that either Melissa or Stacy are related to the MC. If the MC asks the right question, that is spelled out conclusively. However, Erika might be another story completely. For those of us who appreciate the incest fetish, she would seem to be our best hope. ;)

FFCreations

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Please get a proofreader for this game. Is the writer a native-English speaker? After playing, I guessed not.
Will most certainly do. Thanks for playing.

The censoring in this thread already started, got a post deleted.
Only the moderators have the power to do that, and I am not one. If posts are getting deleted, I can only assume it's because of off-topic discussion and misinformation. But that's just a guess.

If it was wrongfully removed, then do you remember what the post that got deleted contained?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Only the moderators have the power to do that, and I am not one. If posts are getting deleted, I can only assume it's because of off-topic discussion and misinformation. But that's just a guess.
I know that only mods can delete posts. No, my post wasn't misinformation maybe a bit off-topic, it was about the endings of your other game and that I'm not going to play this one because of it. After reading the other posts in this thread my opinion didn't change the writing for the MC seems terrible.

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes