vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
Any Patreon members here? I wanted to review this game in full, I hated Episode1 and still do but I persisted and started to like Episode 2. I read the Walkthrough and realized their were some extra features, not available in the vanilla version so I signed up to Patreon to make sure I had access to the full game at the highest resolution and all extra features.

Huge Mistake so far, The Patreon is so confusing I downloaded episode 2 but as as I was looking for Episode 3 I came across a later version of episode 2. So I had to go back and download (hopefully) the latest version of Episode 2. I kept looking and came across a code for 2, so I'm like silly me I guess I just needed to enter the code in 2 to update and extend my game. I did this the relaunched 2 FCK!FCK!FCK! now it wont load my save and it's basically asking me to restart 2 from the beginning.

Why the F is the current version of the game so difficult to find on Patreon, you want money the people who are willing to give you money should not have to go on an Easter egg hunt to find the downloads at the tiers they signed up for..

Versions. 0.14, 0.15 or 0.16 should not make me have to travese multiple threads and comment sections to find the content.

Episode 3 - Now you have to go to a page to activate your content, provides link to page...ok where is the activation code.. probably sent to me in the welcome email...NOPE no activation code, check memberships tab.. NOPE no code....Where is this mysterious code??

I'm at the point of saying screw it I won't be supporting this dev anymore and canceling my membership.

BADIK is a great game that i support as well, they however make it simple, you click on MEMBERSHIP and it takes you to the download page of the current version of the software you paid for.

Am I wrong? Did I miss a page that has everything listed out somewhere if so please point me in the right direction.

Rant over
you should really read the FAQ
first if you upgraded eps2 from here with a patreon code
those 2 different episodes aren't compatible
read that in the FAQ WHY

second activate eps3 are very straight forwarded
again look in the FAQ
or here

dunno what BADIK are
but does the same

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
Any Patreon members here? I wanted to review this game in full, I hated Episode1 and still do but I persisted and started to like Episode 2. I read the Walkthrough and realized their were some extra features, not available in the vanilla version so I signed up to Patreon to make sure I had access to the full game at the highest resolution and all extra features.

Huge Mistake so far, The Patreon is so confusing I downloaded episode 2 but as as I was looking for Episode 3 I came across a later version of episode 2. So I had to go back and download (hopefully) the latest version of Episode 2. I kept looking and came across a code for 2, so I'm like silly me I guess I just needed to enter the code in 2 to update and extend my game. I did this the relaunched 2 FCK!FCK!FCK! now it wont load my save and it's basically asking me to restart 2 from the beginning.

Why the F is the current version of the game so difficult to find on Patreon, you want money the people who are willing to give you money should not have to go on an Easter egg hunt to find the downloads at the tiers they signed up for..

Versions. 0.14, 0.15 or 0.16 should not make me have to travese multiple threads and comment sections to find the content.

Episode 3 - Now you have to go to a page to activate your content, provides link to page...ok where is the activation code.. probably sent to me in the welcome email...NOPE no activation code, check memberships tab.. NOPE no code....Where is this mysterious code??

I'm at the point of saying screw it I won't be supporting this dev anymore and canceling my membership.

BADIK is a great game that i support as well, they however make it simple, you click on MEMBERSHIP and it takes you to the download page of the current version of the software you paid for.

Am I wrong? Did I miss a page that has everything listed out somewhere if so please point me in the right direction.

Rant over
Yes and no. Most of your issues mentioned are technical, it's been continually updated, improved and devided into parts because Ren'py starts to lagg out if it gets too big. As for the complex code protection it was meant to secure content for higher tier content supporters, can't say I agree with dev but that's his choice.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019

Rant over
vimmers said everything correctly, the only thing I would like to add is that downloading the 2nd episode (Ep2 v16) from Patreon, you automatically get a bug-free version, but you lose all the banned content of Bardie and the part of the storyline "Home" connected to him).

The version of episode 2 (Ep2 v16), which is on f95, contains all banned content (Bardie and his storyline), but this version of the game also contains 3-4 non-critical bugs, which are well known, do not show up for everyone and do not generally interfere with the passing of the game.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Thanks to Vimmers and Stan I appreciate the response and the information. It really shouldn't come down to a forum to sort out the download on their Patreon page imo. I will look through the FAQ very carefully right now.

The Dev should have the links posted in a central location to all current content and a link to the FAQ. These forums are great but nobody should have to search through a 1200+ page thread for a few shards of information.

Reactions: EraRamp and vimmers

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Thanks to Vimmers and Stan I appreciate the response and the information. It really shouldn't come down to a forum to sort out the download on their Patreon page imo. I will look through the FAQ very carefully right now.

The Dev should have the links posted in a central location to all current content and a link to the FAQ. These forums are great but nobody should have to search through a 1200+ page thread for a few shards of information.
To be fair, it should be noted that the official developer site has an abbreviated FAQ partly based on ourFAQ. Overall, as far as the game and development is concerned, Decent Monkey is one of the most pedantic and decent developers out there. If you check out the game's official website, you can appreciate how carefully the developer treats the game and the characters.
There is a full mini-wiki, where you can find a lot - from the FAQ and dozens of official saves to a detailed walkthrough of the game and background information on all the Fashion Business characters and game locations.

What about the fact that the developer should provide a link to unofficial FAQ on f95 - this is impossible for obvious reasons. We have a pirate forum here and the developer avoids any mention of it. Nevertheless, DecentMonkey (dev) is sometimes in this thread and reads what is written here and even listens to some of the wishes of the players.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: EraRamp and vimmers

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I'm really not trying to bash him at all Stan I just gave him money yesterday, Episode 2 so far has been interesting and Episode 3 looks promising. Not everyone comes to this site or even a Wiki, I originally saw this game listed on a Reddit thread with very little information. Now If I had of signed up on Patreon from just seeing a Reddit thread and I could not find the software after I signed up I would be pissed, I would cancel the order and I would make Patreon give me my money back asap or credit card chargeback.

Now all of that didn't happen and I luckily downloaded everything from here, and was enjoying the content so much I paid for more.

Instead of taking this as a knock against the Dev or the game, the Dev should take this to heart and FIX your Patreon download links ASAP. It's already convoluted enough each Tier grants you different benefits, even if its 1 Download page the links should activate for the Tier you signed up for.

Adding in confusing UPDATE codes into the mix is really ridiculous if it doesn't work across all your downloads, Setting up an activation page is ridiculous if it's impossible to find an activation code unless you go to a third party forum to read their FAQ to hopefully guide you through the process.

What did I do? I blew the game away and reinstalled from my original links downloaded from here, missing content or not, So I paid for content I won't get to see. (Once I cool off maybe I will try again)

Does this make me want to support next month though? No I won't unless the Download section in Patreon is fixed.

So the idea is to motivate them to fix this for the customers who pay so they stay. This reminds me of a bad DENUVO implementation.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
In my original post I asked, am I wrong? Please provide a link to this download section and I will stfu immediately. It would honestly make me happy to be wrong but I asked the Devs on Patreon this same question and I am breathlessly waiting their response. I like this game very much and I would love to be proven wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:

makeeyou

May 5, 2018
Hi there, hope someone can help me
i downloaded the game using Splitted links provided for mac version and i use unarchiver app to extract by clicking on part 001
but when it finish the game don't open, i don't know if i do something wrong but i searched here to much and i didn't found any solution, please someone help me

3.50 star(s) 221 Votes