Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
New progress update.
no investors scenes:unsure:

79% done.

1687714988107.png
Weekly Report

Friends, it's time to find out about the last, but not the last three scenes we've got for you in the upcoming update.

PROGRESS STATUS

In the past, Monica has only faced Steve, but now she will also have to deal with his secretaries. The question arises: will she submit or will she be able to put them in their place?

The moment is not far off when Monica will have to prove to Mommy that she is better than everyone else, otherwise she will have to forget about working for her.

While Monica is busy dealing with important issues,Julia shows excessive interest again, this time in Betty

The main part of the update is already done, we're finishing polishing the animations, there are lots of interesting scenes waiting for you.

Last edited:

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
No single spoiler. No single picture. My supposition is no pictures are shown means that none has been made yet.
Nah, I think it’s just another progress reports strategy. They told about all scenes, and next reports will be without text but with pictures.

But yeah, I agree, there is place that can be polished

Reactions: EraRamp

capt ackerman

Sep 15, 2020
New progress update.

79% done.
Weekly Report

Friends, it's time to find out about the last, but not the last three scenes we've got for you in the upcoming update.

PROGRESS STATUS

In the past, Monica has only faced Steve, but now she will also have to deal with his secretaries. The question arises: will she submit or will she be able to put them in their place?

The moment is not far off when Monica will have to prove to Mommy that she is better than everyone else, otherwise she will have to forget about working for her.

While Monica is busy dealing with important issues,Julia shows excessive interest again, this time in Betty

The main part of the update is already done, we're finishing polishing the animations, there are lots of interesting scenes waiting for you.
no shiny hole?

• Sad
Reactions: podkop09

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
New progress update.

79% done.
Weekly Report

PROGRESS STATUS

Hasn't she been dealing a lot with his secretary?? The other secretary is just as trapped as she is in a bad situation...This weekly update I hope makes more sense when the next update is released.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
and according to % of arts and animations - it could be ready before 8 weeks. v1 was 1 week later, v2 seems to be 1 week earlier. So overall progres would be stable)

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Nah, I think it’s just another progress reports strategy. They told about all scenes, and next reports will be without text but with pictures.

But yeah, I agree, there is place that can be polished
It would be much smarter just to copy what successful developers do. I mean what's the problem or explanation behind not doing such Patreon post as, for example, DrPinkCake does with his Cosmetic Polls, like this one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Are you suggesting that Decent Monkey isn't a successful game developer? What's your standard for success as an independent adult game developer?
Well, I might have written "other successful developer". But success is relative, of course. Compared to the best, such as DrPinkCake, who has 10 times more patrons, or DarkCookie, who has about 15 times more , Decent Monkey is not very successful. Comparted to most, well, maybe he is.
But what's important, as far as I got from the post written by Decent Monkey, he himself doesn't like the current amount of support. He wants more and he thinks he deserves more. And I just proposed what can be improved, and it is not such a bad idea, in my opinion, at least.

Last edited:

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Well, I might have written "other successful developer". But success is relative, of course. Compared to the best, such as DrPinkCake, who has 10 times more patrons, or DarkCookie, who has about 15 times more , Decent Monkey is not very successful. Comparted to most, well, maybe he is.
But what's important, as far as I got from the post written by Decent Monkey, he himself doesn't like the current amount of support. He wants more and he thinks he deserves more. And I just proposed what can be improved, and it is not such a bad idea, in my opinion, at least.
I can agree, these posts is good way to improve but they should go with some pictures or scetches, like rendering scenes in progress.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Yeah, compared to the top five adult game devs, Decent Monkey's definitely not playing in the same league, but neither is anyone else. That's like comparing yourself to a billionaire to figure out whether or not you're a successful businessman. It's just not a reasonable standard.

Decent Monkey has a game which has sustained development for five years, so far. A lot of the games on this forum are abandoned before they make it that far. And, while he doesn't publish his earnings, it's probably safe to assume that he's bringing in at least $5k monthly. Honestly, I would think that it's closer to double that. Even at the lower number, we're talking about $60k a year, which is higher than the median annual income for every nation on earth, with the exception of the UAE.

Well, most of us want more money, no matter how much we're making.

Could he improve his status updates? I think so. This business of not sharing any renders until the progress meter is around 80% is a rather negative development, in my opinion. But I don't think it's anything critical. He still seems to be doing fine, support wise. And the new versions are still coming out in a timely manner.

As for your suggestions on how he could improve his promotions and supporter interactions, I'm not arguing against any of that. I was just baffled by the implication that he's not a successful developer.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Yeah, compared to the top five adult game devs, Decent Monkey's definitely not playing in the same league, but neither is anyone else. That's like comparing yourself to a billionaire to figure out whether or not you're a successful businessman. It's just not a reasonable standard.

Decent Monkey has a game which has sustained development for five years, so far. A lot of the games on this forum are abandoned before they make it that far. And, while he doesn't publish his earnings, it's probably safe to assume that he's bringing in at least $5k monthly. Honestly, I would think that it's closer to double that. Even at the lower number, we're talking about $60k a year, which is higher than the median annual income for every nation on earth, with the exception of the UAE.

Well, most of us want more money, no matter how much we're making.

Could he improve his status updates? I think so. This business of not sharing any renders until the progress meter is around 80% is a rather negative development, in my opinion. But I don't think it's anything critical. He still seems to be doing fine, support wise. And the new versions are still coming out in a timely manner.

As for your suggestions on how he could improve his promotions and supporter interactions, I'm not arguing against any of that. I was just baffled by the implication that he's not a successful developer.
The point is thats there no straight lline in progres updates - renders was in 30% news year ago. Than they started to be after 60%. After that 80+... now we have text news. It`s not bad or good just....you can`t predict anything. Just as i say several posts before - by % we can expect update a week earlyier than 2 monts cycle. (2% per day as it was before at late stage)

3.50 star(s) 221 Votes