exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Well done so far. I'm not even halfway through the game yet. But it gave me many a good laugh. Sure, you have to get used to grinding and the humiliating humor. But when done, you have fun. All the messes are well made and very creative. I've rarely seen this in games so far. I'm curious what will happen next :ROFLMAO:(y)

But I do have one small point of criticism:
I haven't tried all the languages yet. But the german subtitle could be better. It is full of typos, spelling errors, punctuation errors, and sometimes the translation, especially with the decision buttons, is completely crap. It's good enough to understand what it's about. But often not anymore.

Edit:
I noticed an error in episode 2, part 1. It's a gap in the quest/event log:

Quest Shiny Hole:
The Poster im Shiny Hole step only appears after completing the "Queen of Hearts" photoshoot and then returning to the Shiny Hole, where the event is already taking place. This step should best shown after we have solved the conflict with Molly are starting our get tips again, but before starting this photoshoot.

I only discovered this event by coincidence. And that shouldn't be the case. The quest log is supposed to be a help so that you can move forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: EraRamp

EraRamp

Aug 26, 2019
Well done so far. I'm not even halfway through the game yet. But it gave me many a good laugh. Sure, you have to get used to grinding and the humiliating humor. But when done, you have fun. All the messes are well made and very creative. I've rarely seen this in games so far. I'm curious what will happen next :ROFLMAO:(y)

I haven't tried all the languages yet. But the german subtitle could be better. It is full of typos, spelling errors, punctuation errors, and sometimes the translation, especially with the decision buttons, is completely crap. It's good enough to understand what it's about. But often not anymore.
Yes, there are still a lot of problems with the game text and translation including German. We are working on solving these problems ;)

EraRamp

Aug 26, 2019

And when you get through the game, please tell me how long it took you. I was aiming for 60 hours without skipping dialog.

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Sorry but the whole idea of someone being abused and humiliated so much that they begin to like it, makes no sense to me. We already have Fred and "the magic cock". That at least is just her enjoying being fucked by Fred. To suggest anything so far that has happened in the basement would be enjoyable or would lead to some sort of enjoyment is crazy. I suspect with what Decent Monkey has let out of the bag with that answer, that Phillip is going to send her to the farm after he has trained her enough for them. This will probably end with her becoming the farms well trained "fuck meat".

I also suspect that if Monica uses the safe word she will quickly be picked up and sent to the farm once Decent Monkey completes that ending. Either way the choice to agree to the basement will lead to the bad farm end.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Sorry but the whole idea of someone being abused and humiliated so much that they begin to like it, makes no sense to me. We already have Fred and "the magic cock". That at least is just her enjoying being fucked by Fred. To suggest anything so far that has happened in the basement would be enjoyable or would lead to some sort of enjoyment is crazy. I suspect with what Decent Monkey has let out of the bag with that answer, that Phillip is going to send her to the farm after he has trained her enough for them. This will probably end with her becoming the farms well trained "fuck meat".

I also suspect that if Monica uses the safe word she will quickly be picked up and sent to the farm once Decent Monkey completes that ending. Either way the choice to agree to the basement will lead to the bad farm end.

Stockholm syndrome is a proposed condition or that tries to explain why hostages sometimes develop a bond with their captors. It is supposed to result from a rather specific set of circumstances, namely the power imbalances contained in , , and abusive relationships. Therefore, it is difficult to find a large number of people who experience Stockholm syndrome to conduct studies with any sort of validity or useful sample size. This makes it hard to determine trends in the development and effects of the condition, and in fact it is a "contested illness" due to doubts about the legitimacy of the condition.

Emotional bonds can possibly form between captors and captives, during intimate time together, but these are considered irrational by some in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims. Stockholm syndrome has never been included in the (DSM), the standard tool for diagnosis of psychiatric illnesses and disorders in the United States, mainly due to the lack of a consistent body of academic research. The syndrome is rare: according to data from the , about 8% of hostage victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019

According to DM's reply, the Basement quest will have multiple (2?) endings. Yeah, the most obvious one is "The Farm", given the visitors who come to visit Monica. As for the second ending in the basement, I suppose it could be a (weirdly) twisted romantic ending. I'm pretty sure that Philip is in love with Monica in his own way (think back to the very beginning of the basement quest, Philip's dance with Monica, and flashbacks from the past). So I can assume that at the end of Monica's ministry in the basement, we are in for something similar:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: agn25 and EraRamp

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Stockholm syndrome is a proposed condition or that tries to explain why hostages sometimes develop a bond with their captors. It is supposed to result from a rather specific set of circumstances, namely the power imbalances contained in , , and abusive relationships. Therefore, it is difficult to find a large number of people who experience Stockholm syndrome to conduct studies with any sort of validity or useful sample size. This makes it hard to determine trends in the development and effects of the condition, and in fact it is a "contested illness" due to doubts about the legitimacy of the condition.

Emotional bonds can possibly form between captors and captives, during intimate time together, but these are considered irrational by some in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims. Stockholm syndrome has never been included in the (DSM), the standard tool for diagnosis of psychiatric illnesses and disorders in the United States, mainly due to the lack of a consistent body of academic research. The syndrome is rare: according to data from the , about 8% of hostage victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.

It's not going to work in the FB world. And no, no brainwashing, aphrodisiacs and other hentai stuff in the basement probably won't either. So we should count on something more "realistic" and prosaic. (imo)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

agn25

Nov 20, 2017

I knew someone would bring that up. Not only is this "condition" as said in your quote, "never been included in the (DSM), the standard tool for diagnosis of psychiatric illnesses and disorders in the United States" it also originally was about specifically hostages and captors " Stockholm syndrome is a proposed condition claiming that during a hostage situation, victims can become hopelessly attached to their captors."
Being treated as poorly as Monica has been will not lead to the so called "condition". I'll add also that Monica is not a hostage.

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
According to DM's reply, the Basement quest will have multiple (2?) endings. Yeah, the most obvious one is "The Farm", given the visitors who come to visit Monica. As for the second ending in the basement, I suppose it could be a (weirdly) twisted romantic ending. I'm pretty sure that Philip is in love with Monica in his own way (think back to the very beginning of the basement quest, Philip's dance with Monica, and flashbacks from the past). So I can assume that at the end of Monica's ministry in the basement, we are in for something similar:
The slave romantic ending could work as long as all the romance was on Phillip's side. An ending where Monica chooses to stay with Phillip or Marcus to avoid her fate at the farm, works well if Monica must convince either that she wants to be with them. Like she has with Ralph and Julia but much more hardcore.
An end where Monica actually falls for either Phillip or Marcus would be worse than what we have with Fred.

Reactions: Stan5851

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
And when you get through the game, please tell me how long it took you. I was aiming for 60 hours without skipping dialog.
Oh dear, I'm the wrong one. I play pretty thoroughly, save a lot and try out all the options. It takes me a lot longer than average. :eek:;)

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I knew someone would bring that up. Not only is this "condition" as said in your quote, "never been included in the (DSM), the standard tool for diagnosis of psychiatric illnesses and disorders in the United States" it also originally was about specifically hostages and captors " Stockholm syndrome is a proposed condition claiming that during a hostage situation, victims can become hopelessly attached to their captors."
Being treated as poorly as Monica has been will not lead to the so called "condition". I'll add also that Monica is not a hostage.
True she is not a hostage but we can characterize her as being in an abusive relationship with other characters. Just like her prison scene for example guys that go into prison completely straight and get turned into the prison bitch. After sometime of hating it but unable to do anything about it (plus having many years to go) accept it and may even derive pleasure from it as there survival rationalization instinct kicks in.

So I disagree with you only on "someone being abused and humiliated so much that they begin to like it" maybe not "like" but accept it and do what they have to do to survive. Like a Ho and pimp, the ho may not like it but they eventually accept it if beaten down enough.

A rational mind would say "I would rather die than let that happen to me" but out of 100 people how many would die versus how many would continue to fight for life even if it means accepting there fate or current situation.

Reactions: Vigeous and EraRamp

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
True she is not a hostage but we can characterize her as being in an abusive relationship with other characters. Just like her prison scene for example guys that go into prison completely straight and get turned into the prison bitch. After sometime of hating it but unable to do anything about it (plus having many years to go) accept it and may even derive pleasure from it as there survival rationalization instinct kicks in.

So I disagree with you only on "someone being abused and humiliated so much that they begin to like it" maybe not "like" but accept it and do what they have to do to survive. Like a Ho and pimp, the ho may not like it but they eventually accept it if beaten down enough.

A rational mind would say "I would rather die than let that happen to me" but out of 100 people how many would die versus how many would continue to fight for life even if it means accepting there fate or current situation.
Yeah people will do all sorts of things to survive. Doesn't mean they like doing it. Monica eventually liking the basement events makes no sense to me. She will do all sorts of things we the players like though.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019

Well, it could be made a little bit different, if you insist. For example, Monica goes through so much humiliation and abuse that she kind of loses it. Like a mind break. A bad end. Monica becomes fuckmeat.

I wonder what's the plan after finishing the game?
Decent Monkey is gonna close that Patreon account and concetrate his attention on two other games? Or he'll just start developing some another vanila game that will work well with Steam rules? Somehow I doubt that he'll start making something similar with Fashion Business, that is a female protagonist game with the main focus on humiliation and corruption.
Did he share his ideas on his discord or whatever?

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
The slave romantic ending could work as long as all the romance was on Phillip's side. An ending where Monica chooses to stay with Phillip or Marcus to avoid her fate at the farm, works well if Monica must convince either that she wants to be with them. Like she has with Ralph and Julia but much more hardcore.
An end where Monica actually falls for either Phillip or Marcus would be worse than what we have with Fred.
That's exactly what I was talking about. And, of course, Monica being genuinely in love with Philip or Marcus is out of the question. Monica despised them and will continue to do so (and rightly so). But since her life is at stake, she can fake it.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Well, now I nearly finished episode 2.

There are two more options to do. First the optional Marcus Quest, next the Appartement in the slums (at first I decided against her. but that can still be done :cool:)

But there are 3 quests that I couldn't solve. I'm curious if someone can give me some information:

And a question at the end:

What is the end of episode 2 anyway? In episode 1, all I had to do was lie down in the basement of the villa. I haven't been able to find an ending in episode 2 yet. Does it exist?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Reactions: Rinshad
3.50 star(s) 222 Votes