agn25

Nov 20, 2017
While I certainly agree that many things in the game can be improved and so on, I don't see any reasons for Decent Monkey to do it. I mean if he could release it on Steam, that would make sense. But since it is not possible, what is the point? It would take a lot of time with no money reward. Maybe some of those Japanese sites? But he would need to translate the game into Japanese. No easy task. And I have no idea how profitable such a thing could be.

And I think it doesn't make sense according to the logic of the game for Monica to repeat any photoshoots. It is done once, published in the magazine and that is it. Why repeat it again? There is no reason. Maybe if Decent Monkey would add some additional shots into each of them, more explicit one, maybe it would be reasonable to do some of them twice (like Monica says that she needs more money and so Biff agrees only on the condition of shooting something hotter). But just adding a few lines of dialogues won't do.

Actually, I see more opportunity in Bardie's storyline. Decent Monkey can ask his patron whether they want to see and if they vote for it, he can distribute that DLC through his website, not directly through his Patreon account. I doubt that he is interested in it, but at least it makes some sense since many people love that storyline.
I don't think he will do anything I suggested in my post. I was just answering your question as to what might happen to his Patreon account after he completes Fashion Business. My first preference would for him to begin another female protag game. I don't believe he will though under his Decent Monkey alias. Maybe he will move over fully to the L7 Team and start something new.

Whether it is logical or not to do the photo-shoots twice the game forces you to do that if you want to complete all the ep2 shoots. I was not suggesting any new renders needed to be made only some programming and some new dialogue showing Monica's reaction to repeating a shoot in the same outfit. As the game plays now Monica reacts to the outfits every time as if she has never seen or worn that outfit before. This has always annoyed me.

I think if he didn't want to have his patreon die after the games completion, some little quality of life improvement updates to the game from time to time would help. These could be done without any schedule and released as he finishes them. Again I don't expect this to happen but would appreciate it. Finishing the Bardie story would be great but I see zero chance of that eventuating.

Reactions: EraRamp

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
I mean if he could release it on Steam, that would make sense.
i think it would be there again in the end.

he can distribute that DLC through his website, not directly through his Patreon account.
won`t happen. it`s more dangerous than Boosty.
Higher chance that it would be FB: Stories or smth like that. With different scenes not included in main game. like this
https://f95zone.to/threads/dmd-fantasy-scene-collection-v0-01-part-1-mrdots-games.163416/

Last edited:

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
See FAQ (1.4.15).
Everything is fine. But the stranger BJ, the start of the prostituions route, should really get a fix. Neither is it particularly great that I first have to look for a solution in the FAQ, next I don't like messing around with save data. This hasn't proven to be a good idea anywhere in the past. In such an old, fairly well-developed game there really shouldn't be bugs like this anymore.

I recommend two solutions here:

1. Just make it a point that the stranger keeps asking for your Bj when Monica dances for him.

2. Leave it as it is now but adjust the quest/event log. Just make it so that if Monica refuse once, it won't work anymore. And this step in the questline is then simply displayed in red. She can then continue dancing for the people in the slums, but never prostitute there. In general, it's great that we can change our mind in many places in the game and catch up on what we've done. But it doesn't hurt if there are decisions that are final. :cool:

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Everything is fine. But the stranger BJ, the start of the prostituions route, should really get a fix. Neither is it particularly great that I first have to look for a solution in the FAQ, next I don't like messing around with save data. This hasn't proven to be a good idea anywhere in the past. In such an old, fairly well-developed game there really shouldn't be bugs like this anymore.

I recommend two solutions here:

1. Just make it a point that the stranger keeps asking for your Bj when Monica dances for him.

2. Leave it as it is now but adjust the quest/event log. Just make it so that if Monica refuse once, it won't work anymore. And this step in the questline is then simply displayed in red. She can then continue dancing for the people in the slums, but never prostitute there. In general, it's great that we can change our mind in many places in the game and catch up on what we've done. But it doesn't hurt if there are decisions that are final. :cool:
The reason bugs like this one still exist is because we have the old version of ep2 shared here. The one on his patron page has these bugs fixed. It also has the character of Bardie and any quest he was involved in removed aswell. We have the lesser evil version shared here. These bugs will never be fixed in our version as it is no longer supported by DM. It is what it is.

Reactions: Stan5851

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
The reason bugs like this one still exist is because we have the old version of ep2 shared here. The one on his patron page has these bugs fixed. It also has the character of Bardie and any quest he was involved in removed aswell. We have the lesser evil version shared here. These bugs will never be fixed in our version as it is no longer supported by DM. It is what it is.
Oops. I didn't know that. Thank you very much. By the way: I never liked Bardie, this little pest, anyway! :LOL:

I just looked at the Patreon page. And already completed 3 episodes, if I read correctly. Wonderful. :love:

How is the quality of the Patreon version of the game?

I've put it in my favorites for now. If the quality fits, it looks like I'm finally getting back on someone's Patreon after a long time. Even if only temporarily at first. But that's exactly why I'm here: to find the developers who are worth it. And then, if everything fits, I'll buy the full version, preferably through a Patreon membership.

The game hits a nerve of mine. A lot of varied taboo content, and something unusual. That's how it has to be. It's worth to me. (y)

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
where did you stop?
I've now finished episode 2. However, the outdated version here. But I liked what I saw. If the current Patreon versions are technically better, and they obviously are, I think I've finally found something that fits my collection (y)

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
I've now finished episode 2. However, the outdated version here. But I liked what I saw. If the current Patreon versions are technically better, and they obviously are, I think I've finally found something that fits my collection (y)
yeap, you are on right way...the way of Victoria Angel.. :KEK:

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Oops. I didn't know that. Thank you very much. By the way: I never liked Bardie, this little pest, anyway! :LOL:

I just looked at the Patreon page. And already completed 3 episodes, if I read correctly. Wonderful. :love:

How is the quality of the Patreon version of the game?

I've put it in my favorites for now. If the quality fits, it looks like I'm finally getting back on someone's Patreon after a long time. Even if only temporarily at first. But that's exactly why I'm here: to find the developers who are worth it. And then, if everything fits, I'll buy the full version, preferably through a Patreon membership.

The game hits a nerve of mine. A lot of varied taboo content, and something unusual. That's how it has to be. It's worth to me. (y)
Decent Monkey is definitely a creator to support. His patreon ep2 has all the Bardie content cut but has had bug fixes and had roll back enabled. If you didn't think much of Bardie then his censored version with the bug fixes might be for you.

The ep3 shared here is the exact same version as his patreon page. I'd recommend to wait until around the 10th of Jan if you are thinking of supporting him as that is when the next version of ep4 should be updated.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Decent Monkey is definitely a creator to support. His patreon ep2 has all the Bardie content cut but has had bug fixes and had roll back enabled. If you didn't think much of Bardie then his censored version with the bug fixes might be for you.
I'd recommend to wait until around the 10th of Jan if you are thinking of supporting him as that is when the next version of ep4 should be updated.
15, we have drunk week until 8th. And 15-16 will be 9th week after 4.04

Reactions: Stan5851

aieljenn

Feb 25, 2022
got another one for you guys i can't find an answer to: shiny hole, got everything done, i know there are other scenes to unlock, but unclear how to. already done all the stealing/settling thing with molly but stuck there. anyone knows?

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
got another one for you guys i can't find an answer to: shiny hole, got everything done, i know there are other scenes to unlock, but unclear how to. already done all the stealing/settling thing with molly but stuck there. anyone knows?

Shiny Hole's plot development continues in ep3 and 4.
For real we have 31.12 - 08.01 weekend this year. And i don`t think DM wanna render or coding smth in this time.
In general, yes, but I quite admit such a variant, in which the DM will prepare scenes in advance and put them in an automatic queue for rendering, which will continue during the winter holidays. Such a scheme about queues of renderers is practised by many devs.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Assuming you play the same version as me, I suspect this is the gap in the quest/event log that I mentioned recently. If so, the solution is easy: continue playing the game until you have finished the "Queen of Hearts" photoshoot with Biff. Then go to the Shiny Hole. It will continue now. As soon as you are Queen of the Shiny Hole, the story ends in Episode 2 and continues in Episode 3.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018

Shiny Hole's plot development continues in ep3 and 4.

In general, yes, but I quite admit such a variant, in which the DM will prepare scenes in advance and put them in an automatic queue for rendering, which will continue during the winter holidays. Such a scheme about queues of renderers is practised by many devs.
last week is more about coding

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
For real we have 31.12 - 08.01 weekend this year. And i don`t think DM wanna render or coding smth in this time.
Does Decent Monkey still live in Russia? Considering how much he makes from the three games, I thought he is already in Hawaii all year round surfing every day with a bunch of hookers.)

• Haha
3.50 star(s) 222 Votes