exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
After a break of several years, I'm now trying the game again. Back then there was hardly any content in relation to grinding. That should really be different now. I am exited what is going to happen next.

But right at the beginning I noticed something that made me smile and surprised at the same time. And I read that here in the forum too. Many people are annoyed by Monica's stupidity and the fact that the only way to play is that she is always humiliated. So, theoretically, if we were Monica, we were just humiliating ourselves throughout the game. So far so good.

And that's the crux of the matter:
Are we even Monica? I'm not so sure about that. Because we constantly have their thoughts in front of our eyes. Monica is a bitch that couldn't be worse. And the game is obviously designed so that she comes across as unsympathetic to us. And it should be fun for us to give her a lesson that's worth it. During the course of the game we also slip into other roles, where we also make decisions through the eyes of others that humiliate others. It starts at the beginning with Julia.

So my question is:
Could it be that the game is incorrectly tagged with "female MC" and we are actually the unknown third party playing an "interactive movie" and the game is actually meant being a kinetic novel? That would certainly explain a lot. :unsure:;)

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
After a break of several years, I'm now trying the game again. Back then there was hardly any content in relation to grinding. That should really be different now. I am exited what is going to happen next.

But right at the beginning I noticed something that made me smile and surprised at the same time. And I read that here in the forum too. Many people are annoyed by Monica's stupidity and the fact that the only way to play is that she is always humiliated. So, theoretically, if we were Monica, we were just humiliating ourselves throughout the game. So far so good.

And that's the crux of the matter:
Are we even Monica? I'm not so sure about that. Because we constantly have their thoughts in front of our eyes. Monica is a bitch that couldn't be worse. And the game is obviously designed so that she comes across as unsympathetic to us. And it should be fun for us to give her a lesson that's worth it. During the course of the game we also slip into other roles, where we also make decisions through the eyes of others that humiliate others. It starts at the beginning with Julia.

So my question is:
Could it be that the game is incorrectly tagged with "female MC" and we are actually the unknown third party playing an "interactive movie" and the game is actually meant being a kinetic novel? That would certainly explain a lot. :unsure:;)
As for your question, I have written many times that unless you are a born masochist, associating yourself with Monica is contraindicated. I've also written about this in the FAQ.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A kinetic novel is a VN characterised by a complete absence of branching, choice of options and, as a result, the player's ability to influence the story. In that sense, I wouldn't call FB a kinetic VN, since we have choices and can partly influence the plot. Yeah, of course, that choice often comes down to either agreeing or completely refusing and consequently failing the current quest (or even shutting down the entire storyline!). Nevertheless, there are still choices in the game that can affect some things.

Last edited:

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
As for your question, I have written many times that unless you are a born masochist, associating yourself with Monica is contraindicated. I've also written about this in the FAQ.
A kinetic novel is a VN characterised by a complete absence of branching, choice of options and, as a result, the player's ability to influence the story. In that sense, I wouldn't call FB a kinetic VN, since we have choices and can partly influence the plot. Yeah, of course, that choice often comes down to either agreeing or completely refusing and consequently failing the current quest (or even shutting down the entire storyline!). Nevertheless, there are still choices in the game that can affect some things.
Correct. But a kinetci novel always has a certain feature: there is no actual MC. We are the third party there who observes and makes the decisive decisions about what happens next. But we ourselves are not one of the characters who experience our adventures.

And that's what happens with FB too. It doesn't feel like being Monica. But someone who will interactively give her a well-deserved reminder. Doesn't matter. I'll watch the game in peace now. It's just a little... different :eek::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: EraRamp

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Correct. But a kinetci novel always has a certain feature: there is no actual MC. We are the third party there who observes and makes the decisive decisions about what happens next. But we ourselves are not one of the characters who experience our adventures.

And that's what happens with FB too. It doesn't feel like being Monica. But someone who will interactively give her a well-deserved reminder. Doesn't matter. I'll watch the game in peace now. It's just a little... different :eek::ROFLMAO:
MC is an initialism for "Main Character". Monica is undeniably the main character of Fashion Business. As for the player putting himself or herself in the role of the main character, that's a player choice. I never self-insert in games. The main character is never me, and I am never the main character, of this or any game. Other players do self-insert. It's all down to preference. But there's no doubt that Monica is the main character of this game.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018

1702726600191.png

1702737815708.png

Right after wrapping up the E4 v4 update, we jumped right into crafting E4 v5.

We've noticed that many of you have been missing the thrill of the scenes at Shiny Hole. Well, guess what? We're not ones to keep you waiting, so in the next update v5, get ready for some new adventures with your favorite characters in Shiny Hole location!

We're also eager to hear what you think! Which scenes from the previous update stood out to you the most? Was it the unforgettable hot photoshoot on the yacht? Or maybe Monica's new experience in Philip's basement left you anything but indifferent? Perhaps you enjoyed the funny scene with Fred and his friends on the neighbor's farm the most? We want to know your thoughts because this project thrives on your love and support!

Drop us your opinions and feedback – we can't wait to hear them!

Thanks for your patience and passion for our game!

Last edited:

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Interesting that he gave that out in a answer. I'm not surprised, the basement always seemed a bad end trap for Monica. What happens though if Monica uses her safe word and leaves the basement quest early?
And i`m surprised because in leaked code for 3.16 there were blocked dialogue lines at 1st investors meeting about her time in basement. About Phillip.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
There's an alternative, if Monica chooses to promise Philip that she will do something for him later on. That's how the Player can play Basement and continue the story without it and still receive his investment.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
There's an alternative, if Monica chooses to promise Philip that she will do something for him later on. That's how the Player can play Basement and continue the story without it and still receive his investment.
this "promise" should be placeholder until basement finished.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
I think it was intended for people who don't like BDSM so they can skip it.
anyway, basement (atleast at its start) shouldn`t be deadend. Even dialogues have been written for 1st investors meeting (moment Campbell introduced all investors one by one, Monica had different words if she has Phillip`s agreement through basement).
And here are several ppls who don`t play office line until basement end.
Changing its end - i can predict:
it`s hard to fuse ep.3 end and ep.4. After basement you should go back to 3.16. And replay whole content for ~8 updates of ep.4. Whining about this would be heared even on the Moon.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
anyway, basement (atleast at its start) shouldn`t be deadend. Even dialogues have been written for 1st investors meeting (moment Campbell introduced all investors one by one, Monica had different words if she has Phillip`s agreement through basement).
it`s hard to fuse ep.3 end and ep.4. After basement you should go back to 3.16. And replay whole content for ~8 updates of ep.4. Whining about this would be heared even on the Moon.
I honestly think its a good idea if it's a dead end. Monica had the 3 choices where she had to pick from, picking the basement choice is going to be her giving away her freedom, additionally she will be recorded on camera. How can she escape that. Even after the week ends, how can she go back to her old life, knowing material of her being a slave is out there, and who says Philip won't blackmail her with it. It's endless possibilities for Philip to control her even more. Where as Monica can't do anything about it. Let's not forget the fact that her husband's friend knows what's up:sneaky:

LoveWhores

May 25, 2018
search button can
I hope you know you are not fun! I just asked nicely for help and insted you are trying to make fun out of nowhere to me!
If you can't help just say you can't help or don't answer me! There's no need to make jokes on other people and offend them! I didn't even do anything to you,you know that right?
Have a nice day and hope you learn to be nice and think before trying making jokes at others!

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I hope you know you are not fun! I just asked nicely for help and insted you are trying to make fun out of nowhere to me!
You are the rude one, not him. The help you need is already in this thread. This question has been asked probably hundreds of times. The answer is available if you will search or read the F.A.Q. To not do the most basic work on your own to find your answer is disrespectful to all of the people who have been helpful in the past by answering this same question over and over again.

If you can't help just say you can't help or don't answer me!
He did help you. The search button is what you need to use to find your answer.

There's no need to make jokes on other people and offend them! I didn't even do anything to you,you know that right?
Have a nice day and hope you learn to be nice and think before trying making jokes at others!
Hope you learn to think and make just the smallest effort to find your answer before you insult the people who have helped in the past.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
View attachment 3178202

huh? really big change in plot.
It seems like Decent Monkey decided not to bother with additional branching because of the basement. The game is about to be completed and so why waste time on it? I sort of agree with that.

It would be kind of cool if the whole basement branch is just Philip's ruse, his way of taking revenge on Monica for humiliating him that day. Let's say there could be two endings. If Monica is stubborn and punished constantly, then she slowly starts to enjoy it and eventually willing becomes Philip's servant. If, on the other hand, she is submissive and does everything she is asked, Philip likes it so much that he decides to keep her as a slave in his basement and Monica just disappears for everyone else.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
It seems like Decent Monkey decided not to bother with additional branching because of the basement. The game is about to be completed and so why waste time on it? I sort of agree with that.

It would be kind of cool if the whole basement branch is just Philip's ruse, his way of taking revenge on Monica for humiliating him that day. Let's say there could be two endings. If Monica is stubborn and punished constantly, then she slowly starts to enjoy it and eventually willing becomes Philip's servant. If, on the other hand, she is submissive and does everything she is asked, Philip likes it so much that he decides to keep her as a slave in his basement and Monica just disappears for everyone else.
agree, but only 3 days left for starting enjoying. for now only 1 scene in bad Monica route with fuckmachine.

3.50 star(s) 222 Votes