GeTYeeteD

Mar 2, 2019
Is there any fix for the glitch with Biff offering you the Job even though you have it? I cant get any Photoshoots because of it.

Reactions: 0nyx

methix

Aug 17, 2019
I was an early adopter and came on board with the RPGM version. I liked it so much I've held of playing the Renpy version until now. Bit shocked that its been over a year!

Can't say I've enjoyed the experience, its far too grindy. There are way to many steps between actions and way way to much repetition. The game looks great and the writing is okay but it really needs someone to take a look at the actual game play and UX.

The most basic UX thing is not being able to single click actions, how often do players click on a person and want to look at them? I want to progress the game but instead i have to click the person wait for the action menu to appear and then move down and right to hit the speak button. 99% of the time i want to speak the person so make this the default. It wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't replaying actions over and over again to raise arbitrary stats. Looking at them doesn't do anything gameplay wise its just there to add colour

The whole cleaning mechanic is a bore and so is having to go and check Bettys pants each night.

Graphics are great and the animations are generally good to apart from the camera movement during the animation is far to overdone. We are looking at looping animations so any subtle moment is magnified by the looping.

This has gone from a 5* to a 2.5* for me.

I've only got so much time and this feels like a waste of it.
Renpy version is far superior to RPGM version. sorry to say

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I really do fear the worst for my hours and hours of grinding, repeating the same stuff all over again and again. I seem to be stuck on Level 4 (50 percent) with Betty and don't know how to get to level 5. I got the feeling that I kind of missed the "Saturday mysterious guest Steve" and that everything I do is totally wasted and in vain. Any hints? I really can't go on doing the same stuff all over again without achieving anything in the main story, I am really frustrated.

Rambo1221

Jul 15, 2019
Best way to earn money without cheats? I started working in the hole bar or whatever and can also dance for people. Anymore corrupted things?

tg

May 1, 2017
So, I'm grinding, grinding, and getting places I guess.

It's kind of fun, kind of boring. What makes it boring is the randomness the citizens appear on the streets, and all the visits it takes to them to get further and further. I could understand if this was to length the game, so you might find new stuff by visiting them as you go.

But, I just want to get them all and go onto the next game. I can spend a day or two on this one, but that's about the limit for a simple update.

Anyway, I've seen some achievements fail to become colored. See the Sly Johny first one? It's still grey. It wasn't recorded, so it just remains grey. If I leave it like it is, probably won't get noticed, so that's why I make a mention of it here.

Another one that doesn't color is the "show boobs" of the Biff Castings, with the office attire. No matter how many times I show that guy, the preview pic won't color.

There might be only those two that don't change. I haven't noticed any others.

achieve.png

methix

Aug 17, 2019
I really do fear the worst for my hours and hours of grinding, repeating the same stuff all over again and again. I seem to be stuck on Level 4 (50 percent) with Betty and don't know how to get to level 5. I got the feeling that I kind of missed the "Saturday mysterious guest Steve" and that everything I do is totally wasted and in vain. Any hints? I really can't go on doing the same stuff all over again without achieving anything in the main story, I am really frustrated.
Restart the game is your best solution then follow the guide on the developer's website. Or try and read the guide and then follow it to see if u can proceed without restarting.

Reactions: ray3dave

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I really don't understand how to unlock the photoshoot with Melanie...I've tried all the solutions above like talk many times to Melanie, look at Melanie, take all the poses during the photoshoot with all the costumes...but no event! Melanie doesn't invite me!
When you talk to Melanie, new options open up each time. You have to examine her (using the talk key) to see the secret that lets you go further. You have to click the new topics (iirc, they are the bottom-most option each time).

After the third topic, she should invite you to her apartment. Then watch the scene. The ext photo shoot opportunity, you should get the option for the Black Swan costume.

I also discovered that you can't always get the photo job on Fridays. Some weeks, you have to try on Tuesday (or maybe there was another trigger I missed).

Reactions: Arty7891

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is there any fix for the glitch with Biff offering you the Job even though you have it? I cant get any Photoshoots because of it.
That happened to me. I went to him on a Tuesday (after seeing Melanie back) and got photo shoots again.

tg

May 1, 2017
I like how Betty forced Monica to shave herself. She looks a lot better that way.

But, I've noticed from playing some early saves (to unlock gallery pics) that she's depicted as being shaved (like while she's in the shower or coming out of bed), even when that rule hasn't been given to her yet. This is essentially from playing a new game, before there's been much story progress, and in some shot's she's shaved. So, maybe the dev needs to put some checks in to determine if she should appear shaved or not, depending on if that shaving rule has been given? Just a thought.

I already said I like Monica that way. But, it's a bit odd to see these nice pics, and then her once again with hair.

dball2000

Aug 2, 2019
I can't get the office job to start, I have already completed all photo shoots and the 2 versions of each casting and biff is maxed out progress for this level but when asking about it he says when you're really good i'll take you to the office. I already have the beautiful dress and melanie is still missing. Anyone have anything similar to this maybe it's something obvious that i'm missing or do i have to restart the game and do it all over?

tg

May 1, 2017
I can't get the office job to start, I have already completed all photo shoots and the 2 versions of each casting and biff is maxed out progress for this level but when asking about it he says when you're really good i'll take you to the office. I already have the beautiful dress and melanie is still missing. Anyone have anything similar to this maybe it's something obvious that i'm missing or do i have to restart the game and do it all over?
I got Monica the office job only after she'd completed all Steve's scenes. Like, with him and Jane. Only after I'd exhausted that stuff, I went back to Biff and asked him about jobs (in the dress) and that's when he offered it to me.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to restart the game, maybe. But, maybe you have to do that Saturday maid stuff to hook Steve? I dunno. I did that anyway, along the way.

3.50 star(s) 221 Votes