Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Hmm, seems it's my turn now to ask "How to progress in story?"

I finished all content of v2.07 a while ago. Now I wanted to do another run for episoded 2 with a friendly and decent Monica.
I had to raise Monica's corruption to 140 to be able to proceed the story (photoshooting with Melanie). And raised it to 200 later because that's needed for the last costume before the black angel costume.

At the start, I choose the option that she was as polite as she is able to in episode 1.

I avoided Bardy, Betty, Kebap guy and the Slums completely. I also avoided all avoidable sex scenes and humiliation for Monica (at the photoshooting with Melanie and also avoided completely the casting of Monica by the former model applicant).

I did all photoshootings at the studio (but because Monica is decent she doesn't go nude - not even with the transparent dress), even the black angel suit is available (but game tells me that I have to do more progress with Melanie story before).

Melanie gone to Marcus many weeks ago.
I have spoken with Biff, Secretary and Alex about Melanie's disappearance several times.
--> Melanie doesn't return!

I attach a screenshot of my quest log and the latest save file.

What must be done to bring Melanie back to continue the story?

Edit:
DecentMonkey Can you please help with that? I'm not to eager to decompile and analyze your awesome game :eek:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ibizadalton

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I'm stuck here too. Melanie just doesn't want to come back. I think the triggers in this game might be buggy, or is it based on a low random chance eash week?

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
I'm stuck here too. Melanie just doesn't want to come back. I think the triggers in this game might be buggy, or is it based on a low random chance eash week?
I'm quite sure there is a trigger, no random chance.

The billion dollar question is: what is the trigger?

I hope it's not something like "You have to watch senator's daughter in the gym the 2nd time" or "Monica must be shaved, because Betty insisted to make Monica able to wear her panties" or something else involving side characters.

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
I am very deep into the game, in my beta test version I also ran into that Melanie problem. She was just lost and I could not make her appear again. In my final version I didn't have that issue.
But just to let you guys know, the dev is informed about that and will look for a possible bug with the Melanie trigger. Normally, she should appear again and after you talked to her and the corruption is high enough, the last photo shooting will be done and in the end she will take the camera from Alex...

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
I am very deep into the game, in my beta test version I also ran into that Melanie problem. She was just lost and I could not make her appear again. In my final version I didn't have that issue.
But just to let you guys know, the dev is informed about that and will look for a possible bug with the Melanie trigger. Normally, she should appear again and after you talked to her and the corruption is high enough, the last photo shooting will be done and in the end she will take the camera from Alex...
Thanks chromed :)

So, maybe it's just Monica's corruption level?

If so, the player needs a hint for this. I guess in the final version the quest log needs a info about the next action/trigger/condition to proceed with main story (or side quests).

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Some random thoughts upon completion of 2-07:

Anybody else think that the final photo shoot where Melanie takes the camera is really for the magazine put out to the patrons of the ranch? I thought that introducing that possibility was a nice touch.

For those calling for a depiction of the Ranch very soon, remember that
(1) the first horrific factor in the Ranch is that it is brutal and the slaves reduced to zero free will, meaning that there would be little opportunity to have any choice at all for Monica and thus the player. It would be a slide show, and
(2) the second horrific factor in the Ranch is that it heavily features bestiality and thus would violate Patreon's terms of service. Once included in the game, it would preclude further distribution of the game via Patreon and damage DecentMonkey's income potential (and thus his ability to continue developing the main game).
Far better to continue to use the Ranch as a motivation for Monica, and maybe have a separately-packaged "bad end" mini-game distributed through some other means, when the main story is done.

Is there actually a scene where Fred takes pictures of a bottomless Monica rubbing the stain? I never saw it, but Fred acts like he has them.

The Victoria-Melanie scene seemed very off to me. First, Victoria seemed to know far more about Melanie's position than she could credibly have known, and the photo she had seemed a very weak point on which to blackmail. Melanie is at this point a "talent scout" for the Ranch, and, it seems to me, would just add Victoria to the list. Second, the amount of blackmail money is ludicrous (as was the $5,000 dollars Monica was forced to pay). Victoria is just creating a situation where it is cheaper to pay someone to get rid of her than it is to pay her off. If she knows so much about Melanie's connections to bad people that Melanie is scared of, she knows that Melanie is in contact with people that can do those very bad things to her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The new police station stuff is good (Go To Marcus route). If the first jail scene ever gets re-done for any reason, I'd like to see Monica get the same prison uniform as in the second one. The pristine-white underwear after a week without bathing or washing clothing just didn't work for me.

All in all, I liked this update more than probably any other. Yes, it's far grindier than I'd like, but it really advanced the main story and added a number of very hot elements to a bunch of side stories. Anyone still playing at this point and not making at least a token payment to DM via Patreon (like I am) should reconsider. We need to reward these kinds of games and developers, so other devs are motivated to create stuff like this.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
My recollection on finding Melanie again was that
  1. Monica had gotten the office job;
  2. She had collected the reports
  3. It was a weekday, not Friday or Saturday
  4. She went to the secretary to deliver them, but the secretary wouldn't take them (I think she only takes them on Friday)
  5. Since Monica was already there, I asked the "Where's Melanie?" question again, having gotten no response before but thinking "what the hell, why not"
  6. The secretary said she was back, and I had Monica go to the dressing room, and Bob's Your Uncle.
None of those actions or factors may have actually been related to the trigger, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

LoccDogg

Apr 16, 2018
Pretty sure Melanie comes back after you have gotten the office job from biff. Which you can start after you done the dress clothing storyline, which is started by steve visiting your house.

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Pretty sure Melanie comes back after you have gotten the office job from biff. Which you can start after you done the dress clothing storyline, which is started by steve visiting your house.
A good hint.

Steve visited the house for the first time. But not the 2nd time.

What as needed that he visits the 2nd time?
Betty progress (I did not let her have Sex with Steve when he visits the 1st time)? Bardie progress?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
A good hint.

Steve visited the house for the first time. But not the 2nd time.

What as needed that he visits the 2nd time?
Betty progress (I did not let her have Sex with Steve when he visits the 1st time)? Bardie progress?
It is possible that Steve doesn't come back until Monica can no longer wear panties in the house. The scenes with him when I played featured a panty-less Monica pretty heavily.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
It is possible that Steve doesn't come back until Monica can no longer wear panties in the house. The scenes with him when I played featured a panty-less Monica pretty heavily.
Sounds like a reasonable idea ... if it's true, then Betty and Bardie side stories are mandatory for progress with the main story (what makes it impossible to preserve most of Monica's pride :( )

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
OK - so I am obviously missing some of the house quests. How do I trigger Steve to arrive at the house? I have been wearing Betty's panties and have helped Bardie blackmail Betty but nothing more than that. My corruption is at about 850.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
OK - so I am obviously missing some of the house quests. How do I trigger Steve to arrive at the house? I have been wearing Betty's panties and have helped Bardie blackmail Betty but nothing more than that. My corruption is at about 850.
Has Steve not even visited once?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
He came for a brief visit but that was it. He never came back though.
My current working theory is that he won't come back until Monica is no loner allowed to wear panties. Push the Bardie and Betty progress and see if that's true. Keep a save so you can go back if those paths are ones you want to avoid.

noise86

Apr 21, 2019
Дайте пожалуйста сохранение с полностью пройденной версией 0.7
Give me please save with a fully passed version of 0.7.
Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
My current working theory is that he won't come back until Monica is no loner allowed to wear panties. Push the Bardie and Betty progress and see if that's true. Keep a save so you can go back if those paths are ones you want to avoid.
I did this, followed Bardie's and Betties progress ...

Betty's progress stopped at level 6 (what seems to be right).

But Bardie ... I guess it's a bug. His level doesn't stop to gain. Every 3 times I let him see Monica's naked bottom, he gains a level. I'm sure his correct max level was far below 10.

And Steve still doesn't come to the 2nd visit (and no progress with Melanie).

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I did this, followed Bardie's and Betties progress ...

Betty's progress stopped at level 6 (what seems to be right).

But Bardie ... I guess it's a bug. His level doesn't stop to gain. Every 3 times I let him see Monica's naked bottom, he gains a level. I'm sure his correct max level was far below 10.

And Steve still doesn't come to the 2nd visit (and no progress with Melanie).
Have you talked to Betty since she got to level 6? I think she may be the one who tells you that Steve comes again. Also, have you worn panties when you aren't supposed to and gotten caught and spanked by Bardie? That might be a necessary step.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Have you talked to Betty since she got to level 6? I think she may be the one who tells you that Steve comes again. Also, have you worn panties when you aren't supposed to and gotten caught and spanked by Bardie? That might be a necessary step.
Spoken to Betty and gotten spanked several times.

I also started the fallen path now, stripping and topless dancing for guys. Also working in the Shining Hole as waitress, got Alex and Victoria to level 2 ... no progress for Steve or Melanie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3.50 star(s) 222 Votes