VN Others Father Figure [v0.5.0] [Xia Liu Bei]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

branware

Mar 8, 2019
I'm guessing this one is done? The Subscribestar account has no subscribe button, which is usually a sign that a game is abandoned. I know the dev left F95, but it appears they left subscribestar too.
The developer is currently on vacation, we were informed that he has deactivated charging and new subscriptions to what he returns.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm guessing this one is done? The Subscribestar account has no subscribe button, which is usually a sign that a game is abandoned. I know the dev left F95, but it appears they left subscribestar too.
Maybe, but you're really only guessing, as you say. We have no idea what's going on, so I wouldn't make assumptions. Maybe he turned off the button on Subscribestar as part of the process of stopping regular monthly billing. If RL things have gotten in the way, he might feel stopping subscriptions is only fair and have done so. I'd still give it awhile longer before jumping to conclusions.
The developer is currently on vacation, we were informed that he has deactivated charging and new subscriptions to what he returns.
EDIT: Ah, I thought it was very possibly something besides quitting. Thanks for confirming.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Hmm, if he doesn't stay on F95 then who's going to be updating this thread? Someone going to make a new thread?

I'm still following this game since my last post here.

Reactions: phreadom

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Seems Xia is still working on the game. On itch.io he posted an update v0.4.2b on the 21st August (Xia posted on there: "Just a minor update that corrected some typos and other errors. A larger update is coming soon.")

Had a look at the interval between previous updates and all seems to be around 4 months from previous update so next update will probably be around December.

Last edited:

kiziero

May 18, 2023
dudes i just downloaded the game and i want to ask something.Is day 2 supposed to be without any words at all?Or is it just a bug that i face?

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
Father Figure [v0.4.1] - Ren'Py Version

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac: (UNTESTED)

- - - PIXELDRAIN

UNCOMPRESSED MIRRORS:

Win/Linux:

- - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac: (UNTESTED)

- - - PIXELDRAIN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note v0.4.1 Ren'Py is the same as v0.4.2 Tyrano version

NOTE: Mac is untested as I built them with the Ren'Py SDK and with this is was not very straightforward, please report if it doesn't work so I can remove the links. Thanks.
Most of the Win links are dead. Mixdrop gives me a invalid ticket and today for some reason Pixel isn't cooperating. Can we get another link thanks for the Renpy conversion?

Thanks

branware

Mar 8, 2019
Update 5.0 has already been released, but only for the $20 and $40 dollar ranges.
We'll have to wait for the others in the meantime.

kiziero

May 18, 2023
maybe dumb question but i have no clue so i ll ask anyway.Is there any chance the save from 4.2 renpy version works on normal 5.0?If not does anyone rememebr how long did it take for ren py versions to drop in previous updates?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
maybe dumb question but i have no clue so i ll ask anyway.Is there any chance the save from 4.2 renpy version works on normal 5.0?If not does anyone rememebr how long did it take for ren py versions to drop in previous updates?
Sorry, but no, there's no chance. The standard version — this thread's version and the version that the new update provided — uses Tyranobuilder, a totally different gaming engine. Saves from one of those engines cannot be read by the other to understand the data.

Reactions: kiziero
3.40 star(s) 18 Votes