Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Because the Patreon philosophy is not to buy but to support
When I want to buy it, I wait until it's finished and choose the option to hold the finished game in my hands for $ 50

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
When I want to buy it, I wait until it's finished and choose the option to hold the finished game in my hands for $ 50
But isn't he selling it? Like you have accesses to different version? Or I'm mistaken?

Apr 3, 2019
But isn't he selling it? Like you have accesses to different version? Or I'm mistaken?
The version he "sells" is just the same but with a couple of cheats enabled. Mind you, selling "cheats" in a Sugarcube game is kind of stupid when you can just enable all that in your browser console, but I guess it's something.

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah brain fart, if it was a Ren´Py game you would need the source code for a fork. But it is a Twine game so you know what I meant.
Just a heads-up, if a Renpy game is distributed without the the source .rpy-files - it's fairly trivial decompiling the .rpyc to mostly recreate them.

Look up Unren on this very forum.

Reactions: Cyberpunk20

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Supporting a product that has gone nowhere after the first year of developpement. I understand the difference, but there is still a "buying" aspect when you are presenting a product.

Reactions: Taak
Apr 3, 2019
Supporting a product that has gone nowhere after the first year of developpement. I understand the difference, but there is still a "buying" aspect when you are presenting a product.
If people are happy throwing money onto a wishing well, that's just what they want to do with their money. They're (thankfully) not being coerced or anything like that. Yeah it's not a lot of value for their money (it's hardly any value) but if it makes them happy, whatever. If they're happy buying a three wheeled car and supporting the engineer's struggles to add the fourth wheel, well, we can't really say much about it.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Unfortunately, trust over a project like this is not earned back once it's lost. Ie : The "soon" meme won't be over anytime soon, even when soon actually mean "soon" again.

Though if you *do* want to throw your money into the wishing well for another 6 month and then be like "Yeah, I was right all along, the game is finally getting updated again", feel free. After all, I'll be playing the game when it gets significantly updated again, I guess I'm just really sad and angry to myself for believing that Crush was a nice guy -Spoilers; he's not, otherwise he'd have been more honest with himself and the patrons wayyyyy earlier in this mess.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Thing is, lets say crush will really improve in the next few months. Everyone here will still complain until they see a steady flow of updates. But then, with a steady flow of updates... you'll all be back on board because you're getting the game you wanted finally.
You are exactly right, some solid content updates will turn this back into a positive thread of game suggestions and praise. Negativity will be forgotten unless history repeats itself. That is human nature.

But the solid updates will have to be published to change opinions on this site, with the current focus on cutting existing content and code updates of other existing content, solid updates are not likley in the short term.

if he cant write a bed scene with the new mechanics, than he can't do anything in bankok, so it's not as easy as saying fuck this bed scene with max and lets leave it balcony only. lol
Whole Dubai scene is being cut according to the last post. I don't think it was ever completed.

Now I agree with a lot of the cuts being carried out, I just don't expect any major content updates this year. Now Crush is very good at status updates, and interacting with the community.

Reactions: Beggarman

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
Thing is, lets say crush will really improve in the next few months. Everyone here will still complain until they see a steady flow of updates. But then, with a steady flow of updates... you'll all be back on board because you're getting the game you wanted finally. It will be like nothing ever happened :LOL: back to: "great game, keep it up." someone could say "well crush could have done all these updates right away, instead we had to wait 6 months." but crush may just reply "actually no, it's because i stuck to my plan that we made it to a point where updates could be faster, and if i listened to you we'd still be delayed another 6 months." so for all we really know sticking to his plan in his latest patreon post is what will get us to a point in 6 months where everyone is like yeah the games updating and all of this is forgotten. which by the way is funny... but i guess also cool because holding a grudge over this and never playing the game again even if its updated might be even more funny. i guess it's analogous to a baby crying until you give it what it wants, and then it's all peaceful and happy.. (not to intentionally offend anyone, but it's just what it reminds me of).
True that's why it's actually a good idea to tag the thread as [On Hold] until the Dev releases an actual update. The thread will just fill with negativity otherwise. I mean from his latest post, we can see that the game is practically on hold, until he finishes whatever it is he feels he has to finish.

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
What do you mean? Is it like open source? I mean, from the point of view of the license.

What about the art? I have the knowledge to build a game such as this, but I can't draw anything, sadly.
You can get the art by downloading the latest offline version. Of which the Patreon version hadn't been posted yet so it is.

Key: ml-mVzUi-eKpFbbUcPfkWDi7N9UKw3VST7acxP7cadM

The art is one of the game current problems and going revamping (it is difficult for them to code as it uses if statements rather than arrays among other things). As to whether you'd have any issues using the old art, PilotLara and Crushstation are the ones you'd have to ask.

hallsigns

May 1, 2019
You are exactly right, some solid content updates will turn this back into a positive thread of game suggestions and praise. Negativity will be forgotten unless history repeats itself. That is human nature.

But the solid updates will have to be published to change opinions on this site, with the current focus on cutting existing content and code updates of other existing content, solid updates are not likley in the short term.

Whole Dubai scene is being cut according to the last post. I don't think it was ever completed.

Now I agree with a lot of the cuts being carried out, I just don't expect any major content updates this year. Now Crush is very good at status updates, and interacting with the community.
So first real gameplay in the game is being cut?!

I'm going to stop following this till 2021 and just check back then.

Sep 1, 2019
I only follow this thread for the lolz, it's so funny seeing how far you can string patrons along for without providing any substance. Crush keep doing your thing, I respect the hustle.

DbatRT

Apr 8, 2018
Female Agent is a Twine game, as such you can open it with Notepad++ and see how it works.
Games like Malevolent Planet make use of this game's Paperdoll system.
I do not need to view the code, I said that the fork is needed to continue the project. In addition, you forget that the code is minimized and build from several parts, this does not mean much to you.

And in any case, you need permission to use existing developments, it would be a pity to lose them.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
I would suggest anyone to go check the discord if they wanted to pick up the game and do their own, to talk to Crush about it, but since the place is just a meme section where no one even discusses the game, IDK, maybe DM on Patreon ?

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
I do not need to view the code, I said that the fork is needed to continue the project. In addition, you forget that the code is minimized and build from several parts, this does not mean much to you.

And in any case, you need permission to use existing developments, it would be a pity to lose them.
whatever dude, there is no getting through to you

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
whatever dude, there is no getting through to you
You can directly alter the html file to mod the game, yes, done that. But to truly continue the project in a "manageable" way, you do need to fork from the source repository. There is a lot of boilerplate code in the production html. And you don't want to pack all your code in a single file, really. Tbh, I don't think the dev will allow it at this point, while their own development pace is this slow.

Last edited:

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I only follow this thread for the lolz, it's so funny seeing how far you can string patrons along for without providing any substance. Crush keep doing your thing, I respect the hustle.
Keep sneering Dan, it suits you.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately, but regarding the source code: I've always been more than happy to share it and help others create or become creators – the more good games there are the better for everybody. DM me on Discord if you ever want to pitch an idea or just ask for help.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes