DbatRT

Apr 8, 2018
I have bad news for you: The actual source code is, in fact, one single HTML file. Yes, the private source, not the compiled (barely minified more like) game.
You are well aware that we are talking about the development of the game, not the final build of the version. Obviously, you won't do the whole game in one file, you will get lost, and displaying the file in the editor will slow down (due to syntax highlighting and code structure analysis).

In any case, my thought was about a situation where the development of the project will simply stop, then in this case it would be possible to make a fork with the author's permission, although I think many would not refuse to see the fork right now with the current pace of development.

whatever dude, there is no getting through to you
Whatever you say, buddy, but first try to do all the things you're talking about, and develop at least a small project for yourself to understand the i

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
Whatever you say, buddy, but first try to do all the things you're talking about, and develop at least a small project for yourself to understand the i
I truly find it jarring that you are telling me to develop something as you beg for somebody else's source code. Somebody who, by the way, is still working on the game.

Continuing a project after its author's disappearance is possible, you need to look no further than Free Cities. Not that you'd need to, as Crushstation has offered you what you asked for already.

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
I truly find it jarring that you are telling me to develop something as you beg for somebody else's source code. Somebody who, by the way, is still working on the game.

Continuing a project after its author's disappearance is possible, you need to look no further than Free Cities. Not that you'd need to, as Crushstation has offered you what you asked for already.
That's his point exactly, no? The author of Free Cities has clearly made the game open source since quite early in the game development. The PregMod project, the most advanced fork currently, was in fact started in parallel with the main development of the game. The intent was to be a mod of the game, not as a continuation of the project. So even if an author somehow stops and community wants to continue, author still has to express his permission and open the access to community so they can fork the source code. Because you know, intellectual rights stuff, right?

Sep 1, 2019
Keep sneering Dan, it suits you.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately, but regarding the source code: I've always been more than happy to share it and help others create or become creators – the more good games there are the better for everybody. DM me on Discord if you ever want to pitch an idea or just ask for help.
Hey Crush I'm only playing, we're all looking forward to the next iteration of your revamped prologue. I respect your attention to detail, all these code refactors to make the game simpler and quicker to write is time well spent after 3 years of work, we can all clearly see that speedy delivery of code is a top priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enfrize
Apr 3, 2019
You are well aware that we are talking about the development of the game, not the final build of the version. Obviously, you won't do the whole game in one file, you will get lost, and displaying the file in the editor will slow down (due to syntax highlighting and code structure analysis).
I'm well aware of all of this, which is why I told Crush to split the current monolithic ~5MB text file into multiple files. That was back in May, I'm not sure if he ever actually refactored it. Hell, you can even go back to one of his posts explaining that it is indeed one single file.

Also, I'm highlighting it just so maybe Crush sees it and understands that it's not just me telling him that one file.
Tell me about it. :geek:

We use a really great text editor called , which makes the whole thing a bit easier to navigate and manage.
(Click the quoted post to see the context)

DbatRT

Apr 8, 2018
I'm well aware of all of this, which is why I told Crush to split the current monolithic ~5MB text file into multiple files. That was back in May, I'm not sure if he ever actually refactored it. Hell, you can even go back to one of his posts explaining that it is indeed one single file.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that. Sometimes I forget that many game developers use old development tools and methods, although even my friend's history consists of several dozen *. twee files being compiled into the final build.

Cyberpunk20
Unfortunately, you didn't understand my point, but okay, it doesn't matter, the rays of good to you.

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
I keep visiting this thread from time to time to check if this game has finally moved from v1.6 point. Think last time I checked was a month ago and even then it has been at v1.6 for months already. Cant help but admire those folks patience who keep giving their hard earned money to Crush and getting nothing in return but bunch of pomodoros x)

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Y'know what's reinvigorating my interest in F95? The ignore button

P.S. Constructively criticising me or the game is fine. Being a troll is also fine, troll away! I'm just done with listening to trolls

Last edited:

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
Man, trolling is the only constructive criticism we can give you at this point. Considering how you keep milking your patrons giving nothing in return but happy ass Patreon posts about: "guys, shit is getting better, I swear! I have found a new way to program old stuff so that new stuff will be here faster! Look how many code lines its in here in the game already, its a hard work Im doing right now!" You had your share of constructive criticism on older pages of this thread and what was your reaction? Pathetic excuses like "there are so many code lines in the game already its hard to program" or "I can do Bangkok right now but that will mean leaving game barebones" or some other shiz you always coming up with during years of milking your patrons.

Pity that current situation wont change unless at least half of your patrons will stop supporting you at once. Will never happen unfortunately.

Last edited:

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Crush, at this point the only thing you are saying in your blog posts is "I'm making old stuff better so new stuff can come faster" except the "new stuff" you have been 'aiming at' for what, 2 years ? 1 and a half year ? this stuff never came, and the only thing we ever see isn't progress, it's remakes. You have the same problem on your patreon where you basically only agree with the people going your way and when you (rarely i might add) aknowledge another person's different point of view, it's for you to say "Don't worry we'll get there eventually" and even more rarely actually adressing their complaints.

Edit : Actually went through your "Kokblocked" post, and there you have it, u did not answer any of the patreon that adressed any points of worry after answering them once, usually by making a joke and not even answering the point that was made.

Also : Your weird ass update post after going silent

Last edited:

fcrome430

Mar 25, 2018
It's been like this since the game started,but he earns a lot of money while doing nothing so why change? Until a lot of pateron supporters stop giving him free money,nothing will change

Reactions: JasDoc

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
Y'know what's reinvigorating my interest in F95? The ignore button

P.S. Constructively criticising me or the game is fine. Being a troll is also fine, troll away! I'm just done with listening to trolls
Regarding your plans for facial expressions with the new paperdoll, are you planing on adding any new ones that weren't part of the old system?

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Crush, at this point the only thing you are saying in your blog posts is "I'm making old stuff better so new stuff can come faster" except the "new stuff" you have been 'aiming at' for what, 2 years ? 1 and a half year ? this stuff never came, and the only thing we ever see isn't progress, it's remakes.
This was extensively addressed in my 11-page turnaround plan available .

You have the same problem on your patreon where you basically only agree with the people going your way and when you (rarely i might add) aknowledge another person's different point of view, it's for you to say "Don't worry we'll get there eventually" and even more rarely actually adressing their complaints.

Edit : Actually went through your "Kokblocked" post, and there you have it, u did not answer any of the patreon that adressed any points of worry after answering them once, usually by making a joke and not even answering the point that was made.

Also : Your weird ass update post after going silent
"Kok blocked", posted last weekend, was specifically responding to patreon questions. I'm trying my best to keep up (especially on Patreon) but there are only so many hours in the day. I'm working on setting up a FAQ on the game website to try to respond better to the community. I do my best at comms, I'm sorry it's not good enough yet.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
It's been like this since the game started,but he earns a lot of money while doing nothing so why change? Until a lot of pateron supporters stop giving him free money,nothing will change
So misguided, and if you think it through you'll realise that I *can't* be earning a lot of money while doing nothing because if that were possible you'd do it so your analysis is wrong

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes