MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Ok, I just caught up with all the patreon post after the MFAGA announcement and I don't want to sound too optmisitic, especially since I'm still very sceptical, but it does sound a lot better than before.
It kind of seems like he finally has a vision for the game and a long-term plan how the game should be. I'm also very relieved he really seems to have embraced the spy part of the game. I quoted a post of him not long ago here in this thread where he admitted that he had to be convinced to not make the game just a whore simulator, so my fear was that a part of the simplification would be a "back to the whore roots" but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Funny you say that, I'm on the compelte opposite of your opinion. Whenever someone had complains or questions about what ACTUALLY MATTERS (ie:game progression/Bangkok), Crush has been saying "I'll be answering you next post" 3 different posts (maybe more) in a row. IMO, not a good sign.
Also, the fact that he acknowledged he had absolutely 0 plot points developped for Bangkok (over the course of 3 years...) is a very, very bad sign about the project. Either meaning he was, and still is milking patrons (which I hope it isnt); or he really had no idea how to write a story and that he was so stubborn that for 3 years he didn't get help or at least admitted to his faults.

Either ways, not good. Might I say : Very bad.

Apr 3, 2019
Funny you say that, I'm on the compelte opposite of your opinion. Whenever someone had complains or questions about what ACTUALLY MATTERS (ie:game progression/Bangkok), Crush has been saying "I'll be answering you next post" 3 different posts (maybe more) in a row. IMO, not a good sign.
Also, the fact that he acknowledged he had absolutely 0 plot points developped for Bangkok (over the course of 3 years...) is a very, very bad sign about the project. Either meaning he was, and still is milking patrons (which I hope it isnt); or he really had no idea how to write a story and that he was so stubborn that for 3 years he didn't get help or at least admitted to his faults.

It's baffling isn't it. He could outline the plot in a couple of sentences, and it would give the project more credibility than one thousand "progress report" posts.

I mean, really, that's all it takes, even if the main plotlines are simple.

"Kate goes to Bangkok. She spends the first week getting accustomed to the area and spotting how to get into the brothel. The next four weeks she works in the brothel so she gets to know the clientele. Then, during the following two months, she spots the target and plans how to take them down, whether it's infiltration or planting false rumours. If she succeeds, she then flies back to her hometown".

There you go, more plot in a short paragraph than shown in three years.

But no, we're still discussing whether climbing is an athletics or an acrobatics roll (it's athletics, it's always athletics unless it looks really cool)

berny

Jun 8, 2017

Oh, I completely agree with you about the last 3 years, they have been a disaster. I said so myself more than once, long before the whole MFAGA thing, and with that experience in mind, yes, there is a very good possibilitiy we will meet here in two years and the game has made nearly no progress or is abandoned. (the reason I would never consider supporting the game financially in its current state)

But, and there we seem to disagree, I actually think now he has some kind of a long-term plan, maybe for the first time. That's indeed a terrible statement considering the game has been in development for so long, but I actually believe he might be on the right track for the first time since the initial release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beggarman
Apr 3, 2019
By the way, just for the record, this is the only "plot" I remember seeing:

asdfasdf12341234ACSACA Good point, thanks for bringing this up.

My original vision was basically to make Bangkok a whore simulator. Dissonant Soundtrack argued fiercely against this, taking a similar line to yours: the story has to be about a spy undercover as a whore, not a whore who used to be a spy.

We went back and forth between two visions: one where the agent works her way through DEVILFISH's organisation, closing in on the target (which I felt was gamey) and one where the agent just keeps her head down, working shifts at the brothel until the target appears (which he felt was boring).

Finally, we hit on an idea that we both felt good about;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We liked this because it gives the heroine lots of "spy stuff" to do, without making DEVILFISH's organisation seem easy to strike at, which would undermine the whole premise of sending an officer on a long shot mission like this.
I'm not sure if this counts as plot (doesn't really say anything about what Kate will do/go through) as much as setting and context.

Reactions: Rixen and Beggarman

International

Dec 9, 2019
Ok, I just caught up with all the patreon post after the MFAGA announcement and I don't want to sound too optmisitic, especially since I'm still very sceptical, but it does sound a lot better than before.
It kind of seems like he finally has a vision for the game and a long-term plan how the game should be. I'm also very relieved he really seems to have embraced the spy part of the game. I quoted a post of him not long ago here in this thread where he admitted that he had to be convinced to not make the game just a whore simulator, so my fear was that a part of the simplification would be a "back to the whore roots" but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Nah dude, look back at the past year (or 3) of his work. He's really good at making hope inspiring posts about how the game is going to fulfill all your fantasies and be as amazing as the prologue, and he's going to get right on completing all that as soon as he finishes the prologue. Followed by spending more time working on the prologue.

And this time his post is about how he's spent too much time on the prologue, and he's going to start working on Bangkok, BUT FIRST he's going to redo the whole prologue, game engine, art assets, and storyline.

Seriously, go back and read this thread, or look at his old patreon posts. It's 3 years of working on a prologue with nothing concrete about the main gameplay. He's running the Star Citizen model of selling a dream far better than any reality could hope to be.

DbatRT

Apr 8, 2018

In fact, I hope that when the game is abandoned, I hope that he will allow us to make a fork to finish it, maybe we will even have a few fan versions.

Reactions: Rixen

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
In fact, I hope that when the game is abandoned, I hope that he will allow us to make a fork to finish it, maybe we will even have a few fan versions.
It's a ren'py game, you could fork it right now if you wanted to. What are you even saying?

Apr 3, 2019
Crushstation said:
I also promise to post a general update on Bangkok/design options soon as requested by several community members – certainly before the next Patreon billing cycle, I'm just too blasted to do anything else today.
Expect that update on the 31st, I guess, we know what "soon" means now.

Reactions: Rixen and MidaHanna

ScarletCrow

Mar 14, 2017
It's actually quite clear now that the bottleneck isn't the coding stuff. They started cooking up this new avatar system about two weeks ago and seems like it's on track now to be completed maybe in another week or so. But of course, there's still no news about plan for Bangkok or stories. It's coming SOON.

MidaHanna

Jul 2, 2017
Imagine being one of the earliest donating patrons. You've been donating for over 30 months to this project.If you've donated 5€/month to see the updates as soon as possible, you've donated 150 € to the project.

It's literally probably the worst 150 you'll ever spend in regards to content on the internet.

3 years, and Crush is again talking about how Bangkok will never happen in his lifetime. I really do not understand how people still trust him with their money, hell I don't understand why I trusted him with MY money for a short amount of time.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes