Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Something something... perfect is the enemy of good... this is an unhealthy way to work... but people crave the product.

But can they push it into August?
I'm just looking forward to Eternum 0.6 which is set to come out next week. Let's see if FA will get the next update before or after that. Right now it kinda seems like it won't.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
I honestly don't think a few more days are such a big deal. And a game that gets some polishing usually is a better one. So there are no complaints from my side...

• Angry
Reactions: ZillaStarKilla

MrAnarchy

Aug 22, 2022
The problem, in my opinion, with Crush and the game overall is that he doesn’t quite seem to know what exactly he wants this game to even be.

Is it an epic RPG where you build and craft your character from the beginning of their life?

Is it a multiple choice, choose your own adventure, open world game where you have some control over where the story goes?

Or is it a fairly linear visual novel where you are given some choices to add a bit of flavor?

Right now it’s trying to be all of those and then some, which would be great if he had someone else backing him up or if he had the discipline and time to keep it flowing smoothly. As it stands, it doesn’t look like he does.

This game has been in the works for 6 years and we haven’t even STARTED what the main act is supposed to be (Kate becoming an undercover sex worker).

I don’t think he’s milking it or trying to scam anyone. I genuinely believe he wants to make and finish this game, but he seems to be pretty overwhelmed with no idea where to even begin or what to give priority too. I mean, according to him he plans on adding open world type choices, finishing the life path, adding more customization features and I’m like, let’s get the story moving first!

He needs some sort of editor or something because he has these plans and great ideas and that’s fine, but he sucks at ordering them and implementing them.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
The problem, in my opinion, with Crush and the game overall is that he doesn’t quite seem to know what exactly he wants this game to even be.
Yeah, maybe. But that's the right of the creator. His game, his decision. It's that easy. The creator should be satisfied with his product otherwise you won't be as well sooner or later. If you regard this as "milking" you should stop paying any patreon fees! If you don't pay any (like I do) you don't even have the moral right to complain in the first place IMHO!
*few more weeks
So be it. A few more weeks won't make a big difference either. Especially it Crush can keep up the quality of his writing. I like his oevre so far. It's not as good and the updates not as fast as they could be, but it's good and fast enough for me.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yeah, maybe. But that's the right of the creator. His game, his decision. It's that easy. The creator should be satisfied with his product otherwise you won't be as well sooner or later. If you regard this as "milking" you should stop paying any patreon fees! If you don't pay any (like I do) you don't even have the moral right to complain in the first place IMHO!
Yeah, Crush have every right to have his game feel right... problem is that he keep changing his mind about what his game is all about. How can game "feel right" if he doesn't even know what the game should be? Meaning there is no way he'll ever be completely satisfied with the product which is why we get constant delays and postponments of self-determined release days.

And when you combine that with Crush being unwilling to listen to any advice and keep doing things people repeatedly told him he shouldn't do... well, you have a recipe for a disaster.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
[...] problem is that he keep changing his mind about what his game is all about [...]
I never created such a game myself but I guess the creative process might not always follow a straight line. It seems to me Crush doesn't have a complete story board for the whole game. He just has an idea which path the story will take and is working more or less along that route. Might not be the most professional approach but if he feels good about it then it's perfectly fine. Better that way than another one of those abandoned games...
[...] Crush being unwilling to listen to any advice[...]
Sometimes it's better not to listen. Otherwise every game would sooner or later turn into a woke NTR/femdom/loli desaster.

Don't get me wrong. I'd like more, better and faster updates just like you do. But if a creator needs time for his creation I tend to understand. Haste makes waste!

Apr 23, 2017
Some people treat developer like a god or an idol, letting them get away with so much.
It's obnoxious and dismissive. There is no desire to push developer into giving his absolute best, unfortunately, just mediocrity mindset.

I would not raise a negative letter towards Crush the Crabby have he not opened Patreon and started accepting money, in other words, selling his product.
However, discussion of Patreon, donations and early access could be summarized with single word - loophole.
Muh, technically it's donation, not payment, which means you have no right to talk back. Perfect, absolutely perfect scheme.

You guys are discussing results, instead of reasons why those results even exist.
Realistically, I would say Crab's biggest problem are - painfully slow writing speed.
He writes, then rewrites, then scraps everything and writes again.
Then he's not happy and edits the hell out of a paragraph. Duuuuuh.
Yet apparently, I still find myself enjoying his work.

This forum is no place for discussion. Annoying, just annoying.
Internet was a mistake. Cheers. :coffee:

Apr 3, 2019

Is it an epic RPG where you build and craft your character from the beginning of their life?

Is it a multiple choice, choose your own adventure, open world game where you have some control over where the story goes?

Or is it a fairly linear visual novel where you are given some choices to add a bit of flavor?
The game is sold as the first point, while the developer works as if it was the second point, and ultimately fails to do so, resulting in the third point.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I never created such a game myself but I guess the creative process might not always follow a straight line. It seems to me Crush doesn't have a complete story board for the whole game. He just has an idea which path the story will take and is working more or less along that route. Might not be the most professional approach but if he feels good about it then it's perfectly fine. Better that way than another one of those abandoned games...
Problem is that I'm not sure he even have an idea which path he wants to take the story... which is why we're on 4th iteration of the game by this point.

Sometimes it's better not to listen. Otherwise every game would sooner or later turn into a woke NTR/femdom/loli desaster.
Oh yes, listening to advise on what to include in the game always turn out disaster... one time he did it (hypno content) he got nothing but complaints and demands to make it completely optional and avoidable.

The advise given he ignored was more along the line of "you need to figure out what the gameplay will be BEFORE you build skill system" or "don't waste time on random NPC generator since the only thing it can be used for is grind people will avoid" and other stuff like that... stuff that would basically help him along the way. Stuff that he pretty much was forced to accept months or years later.

Reactions: Arkady

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Yeah Im not sold on the story. It said the mc is bi, yet the only action she gets is with discusting pricks, where your choices doesnt matter a rats hairy ass.
How about adding a skip scene, if we dont want to for instance sleep with Connor all the bloody time??

Lurker1001

Oct 8, 2020
Great game looking forward to more. So far it has a great story. Would be nice if there was a download for the original iterations though. I'd love to check them out but the online one keeps bugging out.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah Im not sold on the story. It said the mc is bi, yet the only action she gets is with discusting pricks, where your choices doesnt matter a rats hairy ass.
How about adding a skip scene, if we dont want to for instance sleep with Connor all the bloody time??
I'm glad that I don't know about Connor at all.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Correct me if Im wrong, I believed his name was connor. That dude that interviews the mc and starts to screw her over and over every chance he gets.
Sounds right. I just haven't played this enough to actually see him. To my recollection, I didn't go past the initial screens of the new version. It's just not my kind of product anymore.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes